1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I pay for backlinks?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Ology777, Aug 29, 2008.

I've tried to acquire backlinks for my medical billing site for several months now without paying for them. However with my attempts I am still a PR0.

I think with this niche its difficult because its very specialized

Should I just suck it up and purchase some backlinks?

Ology777, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  2. zurpit.com

zurpit.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Google doesn't like purchased backlinks and it could penalize you even further. Just keep on getting back links and it will go up eventually

zurpit.com, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  3. FoolsxGold

FoolsxGold Banned

Best Answers:
    just submit to a load of irrelevant directories, i dont care what people say LINKS BUILD PR REGARDLESS OF THEIR RELEVANCE TO YOUR PAGE.

FoolsxGold, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  4. dbbrock1

dbbrock1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Buying links is usually a bad idea. I realize that in some industries you have to if the competition is tough. However, you can get easily ripped off by these link sales. Once they get your money, your link can be removed and you will have nothing you can do as repercussion

dbbrock1, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  5. MelogKnaj

MelogKnaj Guest

Best Answers:
    Unforuntatly buying links is almost unavoidable nowadays. The key is to be careful about it. Don't go out and purchase 10,000 links in a day on a totally irrelevant. Do it slowly, do it carefully and make it look natural.

MelogKnaj, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  6. tendulkar2

tendulkar2 Banned

Best Answers:
    NO. Suppose you get PR3 in next update... what's the use of it? It don't increase the Search engine rankings, it don't bring you any traffic. PR is useless for me.
    If you get a good PR naturally, that's good. But, I don't recommend buying backlinks.
    thanks.

tendulkar2, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  7. Nickolai

Nickolai Peon

Best Answers:
    If you know other methods how to get traffic except the SE rankings and you use them then you shouldn't worry about PR. Otherwise IMO you should try to buy some links. It's not good or bad it's just part of work of getting traffic. Of course you need to buy them carefuly. If you want you can PM me and I'll try to help.

Nickolai, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  8. Chios

Chios Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    just reinforcing the above opinions

if you care about traffic and SERPs then don't worry about your PageRank
    try to get RELEVANT links (without regards to PR)

how old is the site by the way ??
    maybe you should wait for next PR update !!

Chios, Aug 30, 2008 IP
  9. eautocad

eautocad Peon

Best Answers:
    I would not pay for backlinks. There are plenty of free places on the internet to find them. Just stick with relevancy and high traffic and you'll be fine.

eautocad, Aug 30, 2008 IP
  10. jckckrn

jckckrn Peon

Best Answers:
    How would they tell which links are bought and which are 3-way link exchange?

jckckrn, Aug 30, 2008 IP
  11. onlinebuzz

onlinebuzz Peon

Best Answers:
    I would recommend doing link exchanges. Buying links is frowned upon by the big G and your site would be penalized.

onlinebuzz, Aug 30, 2008 IP
  12. hirecontentwriters

hirecontentwriters Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree buying links is frowned upon by G but on the second thought actually NO. Selling link is frowned upon by G. Hint Hint ....

hirecontentwriters, Aug 30, 2008 IP
  13. adking

adking Peon

Best Answers:
    lol, everyone seems to be an 'expert' here...

Someone said 'PR' is useless.. that's complete BS

Say 10 million sites have the same keyword/ keyword density??

Now which 10 sites from these 10 million make to the top of Google Search Engine??

Obviously those with the most amount of backlinks and PR...

Its fair and square...

You can read more about getting one way backlinks which Google LIKES at my post:

<<<<Google Page One Rankings>>>>

adking, Aug 30, 2008 IP
  14. AngelaE8654

AngelaE8654 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it's funny how people attach human emotion to Google: "Google likes", "I heard Google was angry about...", "Google hates", "Google's mad", and on and on. It's a company with a top-secret procedure for "filing" billions of websites into a system of sorts; called an "algorithm". Google isn't happy, mad, or sad, and Google doesn't 'like' or 'dislike' anything. Google "files" these online websites in a manner that gives their searchers the very best results. Why? Because that's what gives the stockholders what they've paid for; revenue.

AngelaE8654, Aug 30, 2008 IP
  15. James_P

James_P Peon

Best Answers:
    People use the aforementioned terminology to refer to proven actions that have certain repercussions. It's really got nothing to do with emotions in a literal sense of the word, but if you think that Google (the algorithm) doesn't look negatively/positively on certain things, you're really missing the entire point of SEO.

James_P, Aug 30, 2008 IP
  16. AngelaE8654

AngelaE8654 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't say that. What I did say is that it's not an "anger" situation. It's a situation of Google's algorithm "filing" websites based on what will best suit the needs of their users. Websites, like link farms, won't do them a whole lot of good, so those are either not filed at all, or are filed at the bottom or the back. Other sites provide much more information and will give their users what they want.

AngelaE8654, Aug 30, 2008 IP
  17. nick7

nick7 Member

Best Answers:
    I think its better to go with the traditional way of proper link exchange with relevant sites. Try building backlinks well there are other ways also other than link exchange like submitting your sites in social bookmarking, marketing your site in social networking sites and also by creating blogs.

nick7, Aug 30, 2008 IP
  18. invisible

invisible Banned

Best Answers:
    I don't think you should do it.. You should try to do it yourself which makes you learn lot more things

invisible, Aug 30, 2008 IP
  19. onlinebusinesshelp

onlinebusinesshelp Peon

Best Answers:
    I would never pay for a backlink and don't advise you to either, I agree with what the guy a few posts above said, PR means nothing! PR doesn't increase your earnings at all. Just obtain free backlinks from other high traffic websites, forums, blog comments, etc. This will drive traffic, and traffic = $$ .... pagerank = nothing

You can also make a video about your website, almost like a commercial, toss it on youtube, make sure to edit your video, add your web address in it somewhere.. and boom! insta-traffic people love videos, people love youtube :)

yes PR can place you a bit higher in the search results but not by much, I see a guy said something about if same sites have same keywords etc etc.. yadda yadda... well the thats why you need a niche, and also optimize your site better.. I have a bunch of PR0 websites, a bunch of PR1 websites, and a few PR2 websites.. I can get above many PR1-4 websites with my little PR0 websites for certain keywords and phrases, granted the keywords may be search for less, but I still can drive lots of traffic

onlinebusinesshelp, Aug 31, 2008 IP
  20. James_P

James_P Peon

Best Answers:
    We agree on the same things, just saying that you're pulling other poster's words completely out of context.

James_P, Aug 31, 2008 IP