1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Newbie adsense plan. Will this work?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by uswc45, Aug 26, 2008.

I decided to give adsense a try and make 50 unique content websites. I figure I could drive at least 1000 unique visitors per month, per website. Is this a good way to go about earning adsense revenue? In your experience how much might this plan yield?

uswc45, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  2. Adpubster

Adpubster Peon

Best Answers:
    Number of websites doesn't mean much. You might concentrate also on making one good extensive site rather than spreading yourself over 50 that you may not have time to maintain.

Adpubster, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  3. MRniceGuy007

MRniceGuy007 Peon

Best Answers:
    MRniceGuy007, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  4. cougarxs

cougarxs Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for video link

cougarxs, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  5. bestserviceforyou

bestserviceforyou Peon

Best Answers:
    Concentrate on a niche you enjoy and just make the most of it. If you spread it thin, you might run out of time for the pennies you will be earing. At least with one site you love you wont care if its making much or not...
    Good Luck

bestserviceforyou, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  6. kks_krishna

kks_krishna Active Member

Best Answers:
    Create one high quality site with good content. creating many site will not help you.

kks_krishna, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  7. The Stealthy One

The Stealthy One Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I agree with the idea that one single site will be more valuable to you. It is much less time you have to put in, and so you can focus more on making that one site very special and appealing to lots of people. :)

The Stealthy One, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  8. getprofitmax

getprofitmax Guest

Best Answers:
    The success key for adsense is :

Niche + Traffic + Ads Placement = Money

That's in my opinion :D

getprofitmax, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  9. PrezWest

PrezWest Member

Best Answers:
    I've tried that before, except with 11 sites instead of 50. It's really hard to drive traffic to that many sites at the same time. Plus updating content is a pain.

If you really want to go with that route, I'd start out with a manageable number of sites, say about 5 (unless of course your automating content generation). If it works out you can always scale up.

PrezWest, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  10. desilator

desilator Peon

Best Answers:
    Create 5 high quality sites instead of 50 not so high quality sites.. Then go on from there.

desilator, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  11. communityn

communityn Active Member

Best Answers:
    You'll end up earning peanuts for your effort... Adsense doesn't work this way... :)

communityn, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  12. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Peon

Best Answers:
    Here's the deal.

Creating a lot of small content sites isn't all that hard to do. You can easily create, buy, borrow, beg, or steal (dont' do that!) decent enough content for the sites. If the content is more or less timeless maintainability isn't an issue beyond a little standard monitoring of the site and occasional updates, either manual or automated. The real issue is in profitable keyword selection and in link building.

The keywords that you select for each site have to be ones that will generate profitable clicks. You don't want to be in the penny a click range. Far too often people will pick a niche that won't generate profitable Adsense clicks. You also have to select a keyword that will bring in a reasonable amount of traffic but that isn't swamped with heavy weight competition (example: weight loss). It's an exercise in discovering long tail keyword terms that are profitable and can bring in traffic that's going to be in a buying mood or at least open to it.

Next, you have to build links to your sites. This means all the usual tactics ranging from directory submissions to article marketing to commenting on dofollow blogs. This can be quite daunting when multiplied out across 100 sites. Thus it is another place where people fall down. Without links, you won't get good placement in Google and, without good page 1 placement, little or no targeted traffic, and thus, no or low Adsense earnings.

bgmacaw, Aug 27, 2008 IP
  13. expiringdomains

expiringdomains Peon

Best Answers:
    I am of the view that driving traffic on 50 sites will be the hard part. If you can manage that easily then Dollars with Google through Adsense await to reach you.

expiringdomains, Aug 27, 2008 IP
  14. uswc45

uswc45 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank's to everyone for the advice. I think I will try to start out with less as that seems to be the consensus. I still think I could manage content but, getting traffic and link building would be difficult.

uswc45, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  15. SearchBliss

SearchBliss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It sounds like 50 MFA (Made for Adsense) sites, which is against Google's TOS. If not, I agree with the above statements about spreading yourself thin. Try 1-3 sites that you can put enough effort into in order to drive the needed traffic.

SearchBliss, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  16. trixs

trixs Peon

Best Answers:
    Funny Stuff: Always remember, traffic drives adsense earnings! How do you get traffic? Search engines.(mostly)

Look, creating 50 sites will not get you great traffic. So you have your 50 sites and you get your 10 visitors a day to each- Grand, thats nothing. Creating 1 high quality site will not get you traffic either.

What brings you traffic is ranking for keywords. How do you rank for keywords? Back links. Not the best content in the world - You can have relevant 'ok' content and rank #1 for keywords because of your backlinks..

Think about how you can efficiently build back links with the anchor text that you want and you can make money from adsense ( and others!)

So create your 50 sites. Infact make them huge database sites! They do not have to be perfect, just legible and content filled. Lets say you make 50 sites each with 5000 unique pages. This will give you a possible 250,000 pages for the search engines to index.

How many links will your 250,000 pages support? Lets say 4 offsite links perpage - thats 1 million backlinks at your disposal.

SO now you create your real site about say - car loans - Of course with this site you want to rank for car loans. So you search your database for any pages that has keywords, cars, loans, money, ect. Select the pages you want and create as many backlinks as you need. Next, grab keyword realestate at various free blogs ect. Throw up a fast site with your keywords and link back to your car loan site. Get directory links and perhaps a few good links from other loan sites - You will rank #1 in no time.

This is the way to rank #1 - Dont let the naysayers fool you. Perhaps not completely 'white hat' but it does get the job done.

trixs, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  17. adsens3

adsens3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As a newbie, you will NOT be able to drive 1,000/uniques from organic traffic per site, something you need if you hope to make money. My first piece of advice is to not pay attention to traffic numbers. You need to get into some good paying niches so you can offset the lower volume of traffic.

Your approach to creating multiple sites is a smart one, considering that's how most Adsense publishers hefty checks. However, 50 seems like an ambitious number. I'd start with 10 and see where I'd go from there. STAY AWAY from the make money online niche or anything remotely related. You will learn extremely quickly that this is a no go.

adsens3, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  18. victorqd

victorqd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its actually a nice idea to in up with 50 sites/blog,if you could maintain them good in long run,which really seems impossible unless you switch on to auto blogging.The later,most of times proves fatal,and search engine positions are really disastrous,maybe on account of duplicate content or spamming.

victorqd, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  19. adsens3

adsens3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

This in theory would work, however, some details have been overlooked. First, Google will slap you when it finds that the majority of your links are coming from the same C-class IP. This can be taken care of by hosting the sites with different hosts, something that can add up $-wise rather quickly.

I'd be very careful if I were to proceed with such a plan of action. Those competing for KW's such as car loans know what they're doing, and are willing to fight for their rankings. If they were to discover your scheme (which would be a rather simple task), they could easily report you to Google, and thus your income would plummet.

adsens3, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  20. trixs

trixs Peon

Best Answers:

No details have been overlooked. It was simply a fast post that did not include all the details - no reason to.
    1. Class C Ip - I wouldnt so much look at class C ips versus nameservers. Besides, how much is shared hosting now days? $5 per month? So sign up at godaddy, bluehost, ext. Oh, dont forget free hosting such as - 000webhost.com, freehostia.com, l4rge.com, ext. The point is spreading sites out across different class C's is not a big deal. Getting 10 different hosts doesnt cost more than $30 a month - if that.

You say your competitors are going to report you? For what exactly? Having links from your own sites?
    1. THey have to know about.
    2. Even if they can link your network together its NOT ILLEGAL to interlink your own sites!!!!!

Now, I ask you - those that rank for 'car loans', how do you you think they rank for such words? Ever actually dive into their backlinks? I have.

trixs, Aug 29, 2008 IP