1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Positions In Search Engine

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by discuss4u, Aug 29, 2008.

I have a site which has been the 7th position in search engine for one of the my keywords for some time. Today it dropped to the 11th.

But I found that the traffic from SE is about twice. It seems that being the first on the second page is a lot better than being in the 7th on the first page..... :eek:

discuss4u, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  2. lycos

lycos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It’s just a pure coincidence that you are seeing this. I don’t think one single observation can be use as a conclusion. Basically a drop on a single ranking position can mean a huge difference in terms of traffic and this is even more significant between page 1 and 2.

lycos, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  3. silveraden

silveraden Banned

Best Answers:
    maintain your SE position by continuously promoting that already ranked keyword..

silveraden, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  4. T_Media

T_Media Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with lycos. this is only one particular case so you cannot make a solid conclusion.

It's interesting to hear though. Perhaps people are digging deep with this particular search query because they're looking for something very specific.

T_Media, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  5. sultanofseo

sultanofseo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    you would get more traffic being on the first page. if you see your traffic doubling, then your site must have gotten ranked for other keywords that you do not know. check your analytics stats to see what people are searching for or setup analytics if you have not done so already

sultanofseo, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  6. catanich

catanich Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't see that being on the second page would increase you traffic. The traffic will be comming from another source.

catanich, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  7. dbbrock1

dbbrock1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, the 1st term on the 2nd page sometimes gets more % traffic than the very last listing on page 1.

dbbrock1, Aug 29, 2008 IP