1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

kittens think they are dogs...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by twistedspikes, Aug 28, 2008.

Some of you may remember that I posted a thread ages ago about one of my kittens acting like a dog...well both of my kittens now do it.

Well recently when I went home I took the dog for a walk and took my camera with me...Just thought i'd share some of the pics I took. This was the first time i've taken the dog and both my kittens on a walk, it was weird. I took them down to the beach near my house (maybe half a mile - a mile away). I passed someone on the beach and they looked at me funny, guess they wondered why I had these 2 cats following me and the dog, either that or I just look funny.

The dog ran ahead all the time, so I couldn't get a good picture of the dog and the kittens (if you can call them kittens now, they turned 1 earlier this year) together.

Anyway, heres a few of the images:

Heres the view just a little bit down from my house:

[​IMG]

One of my kittens decided a tree would be a good place to climb, then meowed until I took him down:

[​IMG]

Then we got to the beach and I noticed he jumped over little streams funny (he jumps really high over them, he fell in one once and didn't like it I was told when I got back, and has made sure he jumps over them from then on):

[​IMG]

Then they both just walked down the beach with me (ignore the empty cans and rubbish that is there, some people were down there camping a week or so before, they left tonnes of rubbish):

[​IMG]

Anyway, I still find it really weird and fascinating how my kittens go on walks with my dog, meow when the doorbell goes or when there is someone they don't know in the house, they just have some characteristics that you'd expect dogs to have rather than cats. I guess it's because they grew up with the dog there all the time.

twistedspikes, Aug 28, 2008 IP
  2. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Aaaw, so cute! Not sure why this came to mind, but reading this post, I thought your story would make a wonderful children's book about the kittens that think they are dogs.:)

Rebecca, Aug 28, 2008 IP
    twistedspikes likes this.
  3. twistedspikes

twistedspikes Notable Member

Best Answers:
    lol right, surely in a kids book they'd have to figure out that they were cats in the end? I'd rather that didn't happen, it's kinda fun taking my cats for a walk :p

4. lycos

lycos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm always an ardent dog lover but I guess now my heart starts to melt upon seeing the new tricks displayed by your cat. Cats sure have different ways to make you smile :)

lycos, Aug 28, 2008 IP
  5. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Or the moral of the story is that it's OK to be different?:) Thanks for the nice story, I liked the pictures too.

Rebecca, Aug 28, 2008 IP
  6. Nora

Nora Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think its really cute :)

I have the same problem with my rabbit.. do your kittens recognize other kittens? My rabbit looks at other rabbits like they're little aliens :D

Nora, Aug 28, 2008 IP
  7. twistedspikes

Best Answers:
    They havn't really seen other kittens I don't think. It's not like cat lovers around my parts get them together and have a party (although that would be pretty :cool:!) and I live in a field (well used to, theres about 7 houses down where my parents live, which is in the middle of loads of fields, on the outskirts of a small village). They just see each other, and my other cat (who is 14 or 15 now, and pretty lazy -- only gets up to eat or go do his business :rolleyes:), and my neighbor's cat maybe (but again, he's much older).

8. Kim-Webgirl

Kim-Webgirl Peon

Best Answers:
    That is so adorable ............

Kim-Webgirl, Aug 28, 2008 IP
  9. jkadin

jkadin Peon

Best Answers:
    By the way cute kittens. Cats just love to climb trees my wife and i had several cats they do strange things. If its a cat thats alowed out beware they bring home treats like snake baby rabbits and lay them in your bed and meow to let you know about it. We have a cat that will watch t v and nit move until the commercial then right back watching it and will crawl underneath the blanket to sleep strange cat i have good luck with yours.

jkadin, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  10. LeoSeo

LeoSeo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can't see the big pictures, is it me

LeoSeo, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  11. I-Geek

I-Geek Member

Best Answers:
    My cat is so shy eventhough i try to play with it somtimes that i really am jealous..

I-Geek, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  12. twistedspikes

Best Answers:
    I know :eek:
    The smaller one is the worst for it (ginger one), every night he's got something. He caught a bat once...a baby bunny, a few birds, lots of mice/shrews/other vermin, he's a pretty good hunter I have to say.

They are allowed out whenever, they just enjoy walks with the dog...:cool:

I'd love it if my cat would crawl under the blanket and sleep next to me (one of my parents cats before used to do this, kept me warm, then another of them did it and kept scratching me in the middle of the night cause he's nice like that :rolleyes:). Guess it just depends on the cat what little quirks they have.

twistedspikes, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  13. abinesh

abinesh Banned

Best Answers:
    Fun or not, I thought the idea was funny :D . I was like " what ? walk your cats ?? " lolz

mate, just check if your cats roll over and walk on hind legs when you ask them to do so !! (Just kidding)

abinesh, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  14. levampire

levampire Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh, So Cute.

Wish I can have any Pet !!!!! (Other than Fishes,Birds)

But Mum is SO AFRAID of Cats,dogs, others !!!!

levampire, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  15. twistedspikes

Best Answers:
    The ginger one rolls over for you to stroke his belly...he will do it to be annoying too. Like if I get up and walk accross the room he will follow me, jump infront of me then roll over, and keep doing it till he gets his belly stroked. He only does it sometimes though (mainly when he's not sleeping...lazy bum :rolleyes:)

twistedspikes, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  16. kittyluver

kittyluver Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nice find. I think this needs to be popularized among the cat and dog lovers. I'll try to do the same by posting this news in some of my blogs...

kittyluver, Aug 31, 2008 IP
  17. microsites

microsites Peon

Best Answers:
    Images aren't loading dude :(

microsites, Aug 31, 2008 IP
  18. CPA Grandpa

CPA Grandpa Peon

Best Answers:
    Some dogs behave like cats too. They chase after rats.

CPA Grandpa, Aug 31, 2008 IP
  19. twistedspikes

Best Answers:
    News? It's my own cats i'm talking about here...:rolleyes:

twistedspikes, Aug 31, 2008 IP