1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Contradicting Rules

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by !Unreal, Aug 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I have just received an infraction for a duplicate post. I appreciate that this is against the rules...so why don't I just bump up my last thread? Because that is also against the rules...

So how long can you leave it before its classed as a duplicate thread or how long can you leave it before its classed as a bump...

I think you should rethink these rules a little. Not only are you tripping the users up you are tripping your selves up...

!Unreal, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  2. arpitagarwal82

arpitagarwal82 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Report the old thread and ask Mods to close it and then start a new thread.
    Simple :)

arpitagarwal82, Aug 26, 2008 IP
    terminator69 likes this.
  3. !Unreal

!Unreal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well thats not my point. There shouldn't be contradicting rules...

!Unreal, Aug 26, 2008 IP
    terminator69 likes this.
  4. arpitagarwal82

arpitagarwal82 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    so do you think I can start 100s of thread for same thing?

I have read some where here that getting your old thread closed before restarting a new one (if same thread) is the right way to proceed.

arpitagarwal82, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  5. !Unreal

!Unreal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, Im sure it is the right way to proceed. But does that mean I have to ask a moderator to close a thread just for me to make a new one? Wouldn't it be easier just for me to bump the thread or create a new one? Yes it would...

!Unreal, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  6. terminator69

terminator69 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Bumping isn't allowed.

You can create a new thread but only within reason.. eg. not several duplicates in a day. afaik

terminator69, Aug 26, 2008 IP
    arpitagarwal82 and wisdomtool like this.
  7. locomotion

locomotion Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Unreal what you said is absolutely true and valid, but majority deals and trades don't really use more than 1 thread (even it has 50+ posts). The 2 rules may be contradicting, but they stand there for a reason too. Well I guess bumping for a good reason will not get you into trouble(as in find a REAL good reason to bump it up or add an extra note for mods)

locomotion, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  8. Katy

Katy Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    If you want to create a new thread offering the same services or whatever it is, you must request your previous thread to be closed.

No kind of bumping is allowed. Read the stickies.

Katy, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  9. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    If people are actually interested in your product/service, you're thread will remain active.

Crazy_Rob, Aug 27, 2008 IP
  10. jhmattern

jhmattern Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    There is absolutely no contradiction in the rules. As Rob said, your thread will be active if there's any interest.

1. You may NOT bump your thread for any reason, no matter how much time as passed.

2. You may NOT start new threads offering the same thing.

That's not so difficult to understand, is it?

Also, do NOT ask us to close a generic BST thread just so you can repost the same thing. If you're posting something like a basic sales thread to showcase your normal rates for something, that's it. End of story. You don't need another damned thread. If you want to bring more attention to it, add the link to your signature. It works. The sales thread in my sig is an old one, yet it brings in plenty of business privately b/c of the link there. Don't clutter up the board with repeat crap just so you can make a quicker buck. If you offered a sale price or something that expired and you want to offer a similar sale for a new time period or something, then request the first thread be closed before posting a new offer.

jhmattern, Aug 27, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.