1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Advertising for your site... which do you use?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by unmeteredhosting.us, Aug 26, 2008.

I'm looking for a forum or sub-forum that deals with the discussion of placing ads on your site.

I want to know, if this is okay in this section what you use. I found that Adsense and Adbrite don't yeild alot of money.

What are you having success with and how can I possibly monetize my traffic? I feel it's just being wasted... and I get a lot of uniques/day.

Thanks for your comment, Justin.:D

unmeteredhosting.us, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  2. Bernard

Bernard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am using and/or have tried AdSense, amazon.com, clickbank, cafepress, text links and banner advertising (the latter two sold direct from me to the advertisers).

For me, the latter two options have returned the best yield.

Bernard, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  3. unmeteredhosting.us

unmeteredhosting.us Peon

Best Answers:
    When you sell directly, how do you approach, do the advertisers find you or do you find the advertisers?

How would you rate clickbank?

4. keanwoo

keanwoo Peon

Best Answers:
    For me I'm using Google Adsense and Amazon Affiliate to make monetize system.

and I'm focus in each system and I'm believe it's work.

keanwoo, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  5. Bernard

Bernard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For text links, I advertise occassionally here and in a few other forums (in the appropriate place). For banner ads, the advertisers find me (the sites are popular in their niche). I do run a few free banners for non-profits and all banners include a link underneath them to a page explaining the advertising policy so potential advertisers can easily figure out that advertising is available and how to contact me.

I did not find clickbank to be worth my time, but that may be because I don't just chase $$$ around and only build sites on subjects that interest me (and only pimp affiliate products that I would personally endorse).

Bernard, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  6. twotango

twotango Peon

Best Answers:
    go to BST section i think and you will get many people to help you

twotango, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  7. 5starpix

5starpix Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I don't use adverising. I just don't know how I do it :)..lol..

--I just use forums to advertise.

5starpix, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  8. mikey1090

mikey1090 Moderator Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If in a tight niche, affiliate banners may do well.

mikey1090, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  9. !Unreal

!Unreal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Selling links is a good way to monetize traffic, however it can make your site look a bit ugly and make you look like a bit of a money whore.

You could some sort of affiliate program. There are loads there, have a look round.

This list really could go on for days, monetizing traffic is all what this website and what most users on this website aim to do. It all depends on what sort of site you have.

!Unreal, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  10. unmeteredhosting.us

unmeteredhosting.us Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all your help, you have all enlightened me to the opportunities available.

On that, I have seen that probably the best and most successful route is selling ads and links directly. And that way you get full-profit towards your site.

Now I've seen Lookery.com and as well as Global Interactive which I plan on joining to experiment with and I will post back here with results after a month.

If it helps anyone to help further suggestions, as !Unreal indirectly asked, what my site's "category" is a proxy site. I have multiples of them. (I feel an odd shame of admitting I own such sites).

Keep me posted :)

11. wkhaiaun

wkhaiaun Peon

Best Answers:
    Has anybody tried Chitika? I haven't make much from adsense as well and I'm thinking of switching. Does it help?

wkhaiaun, Aug 26, 2008 IP