1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Html Please Help Me To Know Thease :

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by diam26, Aug 26, 2008.

Hi,
    I am very new to HTML. I want to learn Html. I try to learn on w3 and htmlDog.com and I understand a bit concept. But some time I am confused with lot of things and I can't put together. Please help me with these questions :

1.Folder System for entire Web Site.Like Images,music,video,data,scripts, and else.

2.Do we need to learn CSS,php,Java,Pearl, or other languages in order to make good web site?

3.If we write the code in xhtml so still the web site looks same in all other brousers and different versions, like IE 4,5,6 amd 7?

4 What is Dhtml? is this new language?

5.Do we have to remember all the html tags?

6.How is possible that we could be able to see our web site same full screen on all the different site screens or resulotion?

7 Where to save Index page and all other pages?

8. Do we need to create the exactly same folders on the Server.

9. Where the data would be stored if we use the Forms?

10. Is the Frontpage html and Notepad html are different except the head section?

I have lots of questions in my mind but these above questions are very important to know.

diam26, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  2. garrettheel

garrettheel Peon

Best Answers:
    What do you mean by folder system? Generally your website will be located in a "htdocs" or "www" folder (depending on windows or unix) and the files in there are for the website. The folder structure varies for different people but i have a "style" folder with all my css documents and images for the layout. You can then have a "music" "video" and "js" (scripts) folder that you might be using.

The only one of them you'll need to make a good site is CSS. Make sure you learn about CSS - it is very important in having a good site and can be used to have total control over the layout. Also remember not to use tables but to float using CSS.

Server side languages such as PHP are used for a dynamic website, e.g if you want a user registration system or a website that is interactive and updates itself.

Not necessarily. Whilst it is better to write in xHTML, some browsers have very poor standards (see: Internet Explorer) and you will need to use methods to fix the problems these browsers have. It is recommended to test your website in all of the common browsers and, when you discover problems with IE, use conditional statements to include special css sheets for it (google conditional statements).

A definition: DHTML stands for Dynamic HTML. DHTML generally takes advantage of CSS and JavaScript to create web applications or menus.

If you want to program efficiently, you will need to remember most of the common ones. You can always refer back to sites like w3 schools while you're learning, but it will help you a lot to learn most of them.

You can use fluid layouts that change the width according to the size of the page, using %'s for the width instead of pixels.

The index page must be in the htdocs or www folder for it to work properly for your website (unless you have mysite.com/newfolder/), where the index file would go in newfolder for it to display at that address. Same goes for other files - if you have a contact.html and want it to display at mysite.com/contact.html, it must be in the www or htdocs folder.

In short, yes, you will need to keep the file structure AFTER www or htdocs (doesn't matter if it is www or htdocs)

Either the data can be emailed to you or you can store it in a database, that is a whole other subject: read up on PHP and MySQL.

Html is html, regardless of what program you make it in. Just remember that programs like frontpage and dreamweaver, whilst it being more user friendly visually, often makes much less efficient and uglier code then you would if you just dealt with the code itself. That's why I just use a text editor, no WYSIWYG

garrettheel, Aug 26, 2008 IP
    nicangeli likes this.
  3. ThoughtPunk

ThoughtPunk Active Member

Best Answers:
    another way to get familiar with HTML is by browsing HTML pages on the internet and looking at the source.

right click anywhere on the pages and click view source. from there you compare the web page to the source, pick out text, then locate it in the source.

but make sure you stick to HTML pages for now.

ThoughtPunk, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  4. diam26

diam26 Peon

Best Answers:
    Dear Grettheel,
    Thank you so much.That information is very important for me. I clear lot of things in my mind which is confusing me. I agree that I need to learn CSS just to make simple web site. I understand that tables, and forms are a bit difficult to handle. I can design a good site in Frontpage but I agree that it is Just limited and just simple.

Actualy I am new and understand the web site and code, script concepts. and I learn a lot and now have little bit picture what i should learn. In the front page we can easily adjust the content, and graphics using tables but I am not sure yet if we have to use tables in order to locate the contents,and graphics? Since didnt learn Html Advance and CSS yet.

If I get support and help from like you people then I think I can learn a lot. I am also agree with ThoughtPunk that we should study the source code of other web sites.

I think we can learn a lot only when we practice a lot and play around.

thanks

diam26, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  5. jamesicus

jamesicus Peon

Best Answers:
    Do not concern yourself with IE 4 & 5 -- they are long redundant. However, do make your pages Interoperable in all user agents.

There is one great advantage in using XHTML versus HTML -- the well-formedness constraints make for better structured Markup for those who do not normally employ that principle when composing HTML pages. However, there is no advantage whatsoever in using valid XHTML 1.0 served as text/html versus well structured, well formed and valid HTML 4.01.

Of course, XHTML should be served as Content (MIME) Type application/xhtml+xml otherwise it is just really HTML using XHTML syntax --check this reference for an explanation.

James

jamesicus, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  6. submitmaster

submitmaster Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i think garrettheel answered all your questions, and now that you know the answers, you can start using dreamweaver as it will cut your work load in half

submitmaster, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  7. ThoughtPunk

ThoughtPunk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Excellent advice

ThoughtPunk, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  8. diam26

diam26 Peon

Best Answers:
    1.How many XHTML tags are there aprox? Do we need to learn HTML and XHTML both or Just XHTML?

2.Css can be used in head section only?

3. Is all scripts like Java etc also goes in to Head section?

4. Can we use all the languages like php,Java,pearl etc with Html ? or Just if we use php means we have to use php or if we are making our site using Pearl means we can't use Html?

5.Why HTML is so famous and widely used than other languages?

6. Which language is more secured, I heard Java is more secured? but most dificult to learn.

Thanks guys. I am sorry I am new to this and trying to figure out the things in my mind.

diam26, Aug 27, 2008 IP
  9. mokimofiki

mokimofiki Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

2. No it can be called in other locations you just have to tell it to open in head

3. No

4. You can use combinations of languages in files (almost always done in php with html)

5. HTML is easy to learn and use (almost plain english)

6. PHP (my opinion) and its very easy to learn the basics

mokimofiki, Aug 27, 2008 IP
  10. Jalpari

Jalpari Notable Member

Best Answers:
    ur question is not clear.
    DATA: what u enter in text, images, or anyother format.
    SCRIPT: just need to run the script and u r ready to enter content.

It depends what u want. php developer is more demanding. Basically u need to learn html, css and php.

If u want to become .net developer then php is not for u. pm me if u r not getting me.

dynamic hyper text markup language its a combination fo html and java codes.

if u r using "What u see and what you get editors" such as dreamweaver or frontpage then u don't need to remember all the codes but if u write html code in text editor, notepad then u should learn all the tags.

yeah it is possible if ur theme width, height is not in pixels or pt set ur theme value in %. so ur theme will be fluid

upload ur pages in root directory named: www or htdocs.
    In this manner, u can get help from ur host or pm me.

yes u should otherwise u will face broken hyperlink issue.

depends which language u r using in coding, if u r using php and mysql then data will be stored in DATABASE. but if it is html base then data will be mailed to the address given by u.

totally differnet, frontpage is like Dreamweaver which is WYSIWYG editor and notepad is text editor in which u write html or any programming code.

Hope it will be help as u have lot of questions so all my answers are short. :D If need any further help drop me pm.

Jalpari, Aug 27, 2008 IP
  11. vicky1408

vicky1408 Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks garrettheel,i got all my doubts cleared

vicky1408, Aug 27, 2008 IP
  12. diam26

diam26 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Mokimofiki and Thanks Jalpari

diam26, Aug 27, 2008 IP