1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I Got Kicked Out of EPN Today

Discussion in 'eBay' started by webwork, Aug 20, 2008.

Sucks, I was making close to a $1,000 a month with them.

Can anyone suggest some alternatives at this time?

---

During a recent review of eBay Partner Network publisher accounts and site metrics data for clicks your account drives to eBay.com, we determined that the traffic generated from your account is significantly less engaged with the eBay site as compared to the standards set by our other affiliates. While we appreciate your efforts to drive traffic to our Advertiser sites, we do not think that it is mutually beneficial to further our business relationship at this time. As a result, we will be expiring your eBay Partner Network account in 7 days and we request that you remove all of your eBay Partner Network affiliate links by that time. Payment will take place as per the Network Agreement for any traffic driven to eBay Advertiser sites prior to the expiration date of August 27, 2008.

One of our account managers will contact you if a more appropriate business opportunity arises to work together again in the future.

Regards,

The eBay Partner Network

You have received this administrative communication because you are registered on the eBay Partner Network. If you have any questions, please visit the ePN Network Agreement, Code of Conduct, Privacy Policy, and the eBay Advertiser Terms and Conditions.

Copyright (c) 2008 eBay Partner Network Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. eBay and the eBay Logo are trademarks of eBay Inc.

As stated in the ePN Network Agreement Section (L)(3)(i):

(3) Termination by ePN or an Advertiser

i. ePN may terminate this Agreement and your account, one of your websites, your use of a Promotional Method or your participation in a certain Program at any time for convenience in its sole discretion upon 7 days notice. An Advertiser may terminate your participation in its Program or your use of a Promotional Method at any time for convenience in its sole discretion upon 7 days notice.

webwork, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  2. necromancer1976

necromancer1976 Peon

Best Answers:
    A lot of folks have.

necromancer1976, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  3. steffo

steffo Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmm i just wonder how you were driving traffic? This is a bit worrying if you have this as main income. Can they kick you out if you use normal SEOd webpages with ebay links and listings to products?

I guess if you pay people to signup new accounts and stuff its just a matter of time before they close you out.

steffo, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  4. DPobserver

DPobserver Banned

Best Answers:
    I am still not started with them but after reading all that .... I don't even know will I want to start with EPN

DPobserver, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  5. teapoint

teapoint Peon

Best Answers:
    Is that so? I would expect a few more threads like this if that is the case.

teapoint, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  6. necromancer1976

necromancer1976 Peon

Best Answers:
    Check the ebay support forums.

Hell will break loose tomorrow.

necromancer1976, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  7. timothy.brashear

timothy.brashear Peon

Best Answers:
    Dont work with EPN

timothy.brashear, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  8. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    It was a nice chunk of my income but not all of it - I try to diversify my revenue streams for these exact kind of situations.

I wondered the other day what would happen if I took down my EPN ads and replaced them with other relevant affiliate offers.

I jinxed myself :p

BTW all my traffic was completely natural. I have good rankings for specific niche products, so I really don't see how this makes much sense at all.

webwork, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  9. teapoint

teapoint Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been browsing around and have seen a few more of these type posts, so yeah you're right. Hopefully I won't be 'expired' from EPN becauese I just signed up yesterday.

teapoint, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  10. owen800522

owen800522 Peon

Best Answers:
    anybody have the same experience with EPN? I am eager to know that..

owen800522, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  11. shadow_boi

shadow_boi Peon

Best Answers:
    shadow_boi, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  12. ChrisJacobson

ChrisJacobson Peon

Best Answers:
    This is encouraging... you have until August 27th to make as much money as you can. Pull out all the blackhat traffic generating stops as possible. :p

ChrisJacobson, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  13. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    actually, I think the bastards "reserve the right" to withhold your entire month's pay (aka, steal it) when you get banned. Read their legal hell of a TOS for more insight, you might need a translator.

Pixelrage, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  14. necromancer1976

necromancer1976 Peon

Best Answers:
    We are still getting paid for the month.

necromancer1976, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  15. BAM78

BAM78 Peon

Best Answers:
    Has anyone tried calling these 2 phone numbers?
    1-800-322-9266
    1-888-749-3229

BAM78, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  16. Magawr

Magawr Peon

Best Answers:
    There's lots of talk about this subject online, just google it.

EPN started on April 1st this year and was to become very quickly, the biggest April Fools joke of the affiliate marketing calender for the year.

It very quickly became apparent that earnings after the switchover from CJ plummeted like a stone for lots of people, when signing up to the new eBay based EPN.

Then tracking became a major issue, with hundreds of affiliates claiming that their clicks were not being tracked properly, ACRU commissions dried up in many cases instantly and it was widely believed that eBay were using these teething troubles months as an excuse to purposefully withold commission payments from their affiliates.

Then there was the debacle to do with Auctiva and cookie stuffing, which caused another uproar.

All the while, the affiliates of EPN made their case on the eBay forums, but you just never, ever, hardly at all heard from anyone on the EPN side telling the affiliates what the actual problems were. So in effect, you had people, individuals from every walk of life, spending hours upon hours promoting eBay, designing excellent sites, utilizing only whitehat methods to generate traffic, but eBay simply did not or would not pay those same said affiliates for all their hard work.

Then came the news the other day about if you are not sending us quality traffic, we reserve the right to axe your association with us without any notice. This Is the final straw for hundreds if not thousands of affiliates of the EPN network, who essentially right now are all on a mass strike and have stopped developing their websites altogether. They just see no point at all in continuing without their concerns getting properly addressed.

With no dedicated support team on the EPN side that you can take any concerns to, any questions you raise as an affiliate concerning your account, the simple truth of the matter is, that you just never hear from anyone at all.

As far as affiliate marketing programs go online, the EPN eBay program has to be a text book lesson in how not to do things right or properly and no doubt in years to come, this disaster that is the EPN affiliate program will be taught in schools up and down the country wherever you live, how not to approach the digital business age.

Shame on eBay!

Some bloody partnership this one turned out to be. :rolleyes:

If you are thinking of joining them:

Just be aware of the difficulties that hundreds if not thousands of other affiliates have or are experiencing. Not joining them will save you perhaps countless hours of heartache and frusration, exasperation etc.

Magawr, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  17. rgordon83

rgordon83 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hope it's not his main income @ $1000 a month...

And they can kick out anyone they want. It's their own program...

rgordon83, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  18. rgordon83

rgordon83 Peon

Best Answers:
    rgordon83, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  19. webwork

webwork Banned

Best Answers:
    webwork, Aug 25, 2008 IP