1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

EscrowDNS.com - the new standard

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Rockafeller, Aug 24, 2008.

Hello everyone, most of you may not know me. For some reason I have mainly been on the "other board" for a long time now. My name is Justin Godfrey aka Rockefeller and I wanted to let everyone know that my company, DIS Inc., launched a new online escrow service at EscrowDNS.com.

The company is insured and currently has several full time employees running the site. Our goal is to have all transactions completed within 24 hours with co-operation from both buyer and seller this is possible. Please give us a try and if you have any questions please feel free to PM me, email support@escrowdns.com or call us at (920) 254-8345. The customer service line is opened from 9am - 5pm Central time, Monday-Friday. We also have an on-call cellphone so support is also available during non business hours.

We'll be advertising here at this forum and at the upcoming conferences. We've had over 100 transactions so far and looking forward to doing business with all of you.

We are always looking to ease the use of our site, if you have any suggestions, please let me know.

Rock

Rockafeller, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  2. Dave Zan

Dave Zan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hopefully the escrow.com people won't find you a problem, Justin. :D

Good luck with the venture!

Dave Zan, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  3. Rockafeller

Rockafeller Peon

Best Answers:
    Why would they?

Rockafeller, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  4. Vonman

Vonman Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that is a great domain. You could make that into a bunch of different websites.

Vonman, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  5. mozzeratti

mozzeratti Active Member

Best Answers:
    I took a look at the site, paying particular attention to the fees structure
    and the terms.

First question: If a buyer funds their payment via PayPal or Credit Card and later does a charge back,
    how does EscrwoDNS handle this? Who ends up with the loss; the seller or the escrow company?

Secondly, per your site, if a buyer does not get the domain they paid for within 10 days,
    they receive a refund less processing fees. What are these processing fees?
    (I could not find further info on that).

*Comparing fees side by side, it seems Escrow.com has lower fees at every level.
    *For payment disbursement to the seller, EscrownDNS charges for all means of payment, whereas Escrow.com has a free option,
    which is check via regular mail (by contrast, EscrowDNS charges $10 for the same service)

Fee References:
    https://escrowdns.com/fees.php
    https://escrow.com/support/calculator.asp

Lastly - What sets you apart from other escrow services?
    In other words, why should a domain buyer or seller choose EscrwoDNS rather than Escrow.com...
    or the various other escrow services (Moneybookers, Moniker, Godaddy, Sedo, etc),
    especially considering that the fees seem higher than some of the services?

My questions are just that...questions.
    No offense intended; hopefully you view them constructively.
    I wish you the best in your new venture.

mozzeratti, Aug 25, 2008 IP
    kohashi likes this.
  6. kohashi

kohashi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    noticed that as well, wish i had read your post before going off and doing same comparison :D

Also, another consideration of who is doing your escrow and who has access to that information. Giving another domainer insight into your transactions is something I would generally be careful of. I trust Escrow.com not to disclose any information or use that info in any way to compete with me, my buyers, niches, business tactics, etc, but another domainer seeing that info? It's quite valuable.

kohashi, Aug 25, 2008 IP
  7. Rockafeller

Rockafeller Peon

Best Answers:
    First question: If a buyer funds their payment via PayPal or Credit Card and later does a charge back,
    how does EscrwoDNS handle this? Who ends up with the loss; the seller or the escrow company?

We handle this. Just as with escrow.com, nothing comes back on the seller. We are insured for these types of situations. Also, we have an external credit card processor. When a buyer makes a purchase using his card credit he will need to fax in a credit card authorization form. We fight the chargeback, the seller will not be involved in anyway.

Secondly, per your site, if a buyer does not get the domain they paid for within 10 days,
    they receive a refund less processing fees. What are these processing fees?
    (I could not find further info on that).

This is very rare. If the buyer for some reason doesn't receive the domain name we will refund the entire payment back to them. The only fees we charge is the disbursement fee, since this is what is charged to us for sending the payment. There are no escrow fees due in this situation. Again, this is rare. Since EscrowDNS works hand in hand with the buyer and seller through the process we will know well before 10 days if something like this is going to happen.

*Comparing fees side by side, it seems Escrow.com has lower fees at every level.
    *For payment disbursement to the seller, EscrownDNS charges for all means of payment, whereas Escrow.com has a free option,
    which is check via regular mail (by contrast, EscrowDNS charges $10 for the same service)

I'm not sure where you are seeing that we charge $10 for a check via regular mail, this service is free. All of our disbursement methods are actual costs to us.

Lastly - What sets you apart from other escrow services?
    In other words, why should a domain buyer or seller choose EscrwoDNS rather than Escrow.com...
    or the various other escrow services (Moneybookers, Moniker, Godaddy, Sedo, etc),
    especially considering that the fees seem higher than some of the services?

My questions are just that...questions.
    No offense intended; hopefully you view them constructively.
    I wish you the best in your new venture.

None taken. We've done over 200 transactions now. We have 3 employees that oversee all of the transactions. We are domainers and know how domain names work. It's doesn't have to be just an automatic transaction where you don't hear from a real person during the entire process. We will work with your seller to get the domain name to us and then it goes to you. Instead of you having to describe to a domain name owner or buyer how to transfer the domain name, we will handle that. Unlike Escrow.com we are fast. I personally like Escrow.com but sometimes that take awhile to get a transaction closed.

Agreed. We/I would never use that information for any other purpose other than completing the transaction. Period.

Rockafeller, Aug 30, 2008 IP