1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blog Link Building

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by hash1, Aug 23, 2008.

Hi im trying to get my rankings and what not on my new blog.

does website ranking and blog ranking work the same?

also can you backlink for blogs the same way you do websites?

if you have any tips or info on this please post thanks!

hash1, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  2. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    Blogs are very much like de-centralized forums in the way that they interact. You link to other blogs (via trackbacks) or comment on their blogs directly. This gets you noticed. Sometimes they will visit your blog and comment. If you are interesting enough to them, they may link back (but not always, especially if they do not know you from Adam). And yes, links are handled just like normal websites as far as search engines are concerned.

There is no real 'blog ranking' as far as search engines are concerned. Although, there are niche search engines just for blogs. A lot of dispute about the relevancy of the results. I have better results in organic searches personally, while others argue opposite.

Blogs are not easy to start. They are a lot of hard work. You need to write content that people will want to read, and once they read, you want to retain them as readers (subscribers). In a sense, the number of subscribers you have is good gauge of how successful you blog is in comparison to other blogs.

There is a Blogging Forum here at DP if you need more assistance.

Dodger, Aug 23, 2008 IP
    webcosmo and Umesh281 like this.
  3. hash1

hash1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks a bunch this has really helped me out +rep

hash1, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  4. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Dodger gave you some excellent points.

As per link building the idea is pretty much same for blogs and websites.

webcosmo, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  5. himoacs

himoacs Peon

Best Answers:
    website ranking and blog ranking is exactly the same...blogs also get PR like websites. Aslo, you can get backlinks for your blogs just the way you would get backlinks for your website.

himoacs, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  6. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    Sort of. There is a little more to it than that.

From what I read in the rantings around this forum and how to raid Dofollow blogs for example, if you go into this venture with that mentality, you are not going to get too far.

With blogs, it is more of a social climate. You really have to talk to people on a daily basis and carry on intelligent conversations with them (via posts or comments). Once you get into the "group" and start linking back and forth, you now have the potential to snowball (because of your new-found notoriety)

One thing I forgot to mention are the social blog directories. You will need to get into them. BlogCatalog, MyBlogLog, Bumpzee are a few. And withing those communities, there are other ways of finding niche blogs in your category and ways to communicate with them directly.

One type of place to avoid, the "How to make money with a blog" type of blog. Forget about the money until you become famous enough to sell your own Ad space. Seriously!

Dodger, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  7. himoacs

himoacs Peon

Best Answers:
    Dodger, I was only talking about the technical aspects of it but you are right, connections are really important if you want to be famous in the blogging community.

himoacs, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  8. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    NP himoacs. Since this is a link building forum, it is probably fair to mention other prime linking opportunities that bloggers use.

I mentioned some large directories already in my last post. There are some other lesser directories worth getting into. If you have a DoFollow blog, then searching this forum will reveal quite a few of those. Directories can be worth your time, but just like normal directories for websites they just may not.

Social bookmarking plays a key role in link development. Look into getting accounts with StumbleUpon, Delicious, Digg, etc. Depending on your blog software, you will find either a plugin or hack to add the bookmarking buttons to the body of your posts. This will allow readers to easily bookmark you.

Finally, claim your blog at Technorati and Feedburner. I think these two are pretty much given.

Dodger, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  9. seoorganizers

seoorganizers Peon

Best Answers:

but ranking are ,uch pretty easy with web sites only, but not with blogs

seoorganizers, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  10. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that titanium jewelry of yours is getting into your bloodstream and rushing to your brain!:eek:

Nothing could be further from the truth! Blogs, by and large, are quicker to get indexed and treated just like any other website when it comes ranking.

Dodger, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  11. Gallito

Gallito Peon

Best Answers:
    They are both ranked the same in terms of Google if they both push out the same amount of content, get the same links, etc. Here's some tips for backlinks building for blogs: http://www.fourthfloormarketing.com...ilding-and-traffic-driving-tactics-for-blogs/

Gallito, Sep 22, 2008 IP
  12. justinlorder

justinlorder Peon

Best Answers:
    Blogs ranks better than normal site. There are many blogs sites in serp page.

justinlorder, Sep 22, 2008 IP