1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

algorithm for ad serving

Discussion in 'PHP' started by Vincent, May 12, 2006.

Hi!
    I bear this idea in mind for several months now but I can't find a solution. Here's what I want to do:

I want to show ads on other domains/URLs.
    These ads will be text links to product pages of my main domain.

I have a list of about 100 product names. The URLs of the product pages are www.mydomain.tld/productname/.

Now I need a solution to display these 100 product names with links to the product pages on other sites. 5 or 10 or any other given number at one time.

I'm dreaming of a solution where I simply can add a little "include("http://adserver.mydomain.tld/?count=10");" on every php page I want to show 10 ads.

The problem is, which 10 of the 100 ads to deliver? It could be 10 random ads. But then this would be other ads every time someone accesses the page. That's not what I want because I want Google to see them as static links.

But I even don't want them "too static" because some products change every month or so. On the one hand that means ads for new products need to be served dynamically. On the other hand there must not be ads to products that no longer exist.

But they should be as static as possible which means as long as a product exists the ads for this product shouldn't change. So it wouldn't be a answer to randomly renew the ads once per month.

I hope someone can understand what I wanted to explain ;) Be lenient toward me as I'm no native english speaker :)

Vincent

Vincent, May 12, 2006 IP
  2. Big 'G'

Big 'G' Member

Best Answers:
    Okay that seems like you want to go left, then left again and left again:confused:

How about groupsing some ads together that way you will limit the number of different ones displayed.

TO
    "include("http://adserver.mydomain.tld/?count=10&group=1");"

other than that trying to create static dynamic ads frying my brain this early

Big 'G', May 13, 2006 IP
    madkad likes this.
  3. Vincent

Vincent Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good idea. But that won't solve all problems. I want to completely automatize the ad delivery.

Vincent, May 13, 2006 IP