1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Pro's and Cons of Google's Feedburner

Discussion in 'Google' started by kocharvimal, Aug 22, 2008.

Feedburner gives bloggers a number of benefits. Some of the most popular are displaying the number of people reading the feed, creating widget banners that rotate your latest blog posts, and running Google ads within feeds.

[​IMG]

The main drawback to using Feedburner is that your feed will no longer be hosted on your own site. You should understand that Feedburner will control the feed remotely, which means that in the unlikely event that Feedburner stops working, so will your feed.

Despite this unlikely scenario Feedburner is gaining popularity fast, offering bloggers a way to publicize and monetize their blogs. I personally find the Newsletter option and automatic ping option most useful, it allows me to offer e-mail subscriptions to my readers and automatically contacts popular RSS directories whenever I post new content.

kocharvimal, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  2. Surf_Dude

Surf_Dude Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried over and over again to get it to work. I carefully followed directions. It was incredibly frustrating. I finally just gave up. Now I just host my feed on MY SITE - no problems!

Surf_Dude, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  3. epicninja

epicninja Peon

Best Answers:
    Liking FeedBurner so far but must agree it can get a little frustrating with configuring tertian settings - but lets keep in mind, at lease we can edit it!

epicninja, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  4. wantmomoney

wantmomoney Peon

Best Answers:
    Feedburner has been working well for me for quite some time now. Since when is it owned by Google?

wantmomoney, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  5. kocharvimal

kocharvimal Peon

Best Answers:
    been a year or so since google took over feed burner...but adsense for feeds feature has been installed in another website called feedburner.google.com...such a blunder by google

kocharvimal, Aug 23, 2008 IP