1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where Can I Get My Site Copyrighted?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Blockis, Aug 12, 2008.

I want my site to be copyrighted, what's the best way?

Blockis, Aug 12, 2008 IP
  2. MelogKnaj

MelogKnaj Guest

Best Answers:
    You don't need to do anything to get your site copyrighted, simply creating unique content in a tangible form does it. If you want you can add a copyright symbol at the bottom of your page but it isn't necessary.

MelogKnaj, Aug 12, 2008 IP
  3. Dave Zan

Dave Zan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    File a registration at your relevant jurisdiction.

Dave Zan, Aug 12, 2008 IP
  4. killaklown

killaklown Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Once your unique content is published (viewable to all), its copyrighted.

killaklown, Aug 12, 2008 IP
  5. DeenaEsq

DeenaEsq Peon

Best Answers:
    I would echo the sentiment that the materials on your site are copyrighted right after they're created if you're in the US. It's not even necessary to put the copyright notice (though I would advise doing so). If you want to be able to enforce the copyright in court, if you're in the US, you'll have to register it with the Copyright Office (it's only $35-45).

Let me know if you have other questions.

Deena

Any opinions are offered without knowledge of the specific law of your jurisdiction and with only the limited information provided in your post. No advice given here should be reasonably relied upon by you or any third party without consulting an attorney who is aware of all of the facts and law surrounding your situation. Any advice given here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship in any way.

DeenaEsq, Aug 13, 2008 IP
  6. IntC

IntC Peon

Best Answers:
    you can copyright your site?

IntC, Aug 13, 2008 IP
  7. Dave Zan

Dave Zan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Apparently someone isn't bothering to read.

Dave Zan, Aug 13, 2008 IP
  8. DeenaEsq

DeenaEsq Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL! Yes, IntC, you can.

Deena

Any opinions are offered without knowledge of the specific law of your jurisdiction and with only the limited information provided in your post. No advice given here should be reasonably relied upon by you or any third party without consulting an attorney who is aware of all of the facts and law surrounding your situation. Any advice given here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship in any way.

DeenaEsq, Aug 14, 2008 IP
  9. vetrox

vetrox Guest

Best Answers:
    just add to the bottom of your site saying all content and material is copyright to your company and respected owners

vetrox, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  10. DeenaEsq

DeenaEsq Peon

Best Answers:
    Not exactly vetrox.

Copyright notices generally have the copyright symbol, the year of the copyright, the copyright holder's name and the phrase "All Rights Reserved".

Deena
    ______________________________________________________________________________

DeenaEsq, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  11. Edmond Dantes

Edmond Dantes Peon

Best Answers:
    what this cat said. you can add some other protection (mostly how much you can get if somebody infringes on your copywrite) by adding the "copywritten 2005" on there (although most sites list the current year, rather than the date the work was created)

Edmond Dantes, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  12. Blockis

Blockis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    OK, thank you guys!

Blockis, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  13. Jmn187

Jmn187 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ounce you write something that is tangible, it is copyright as long as it is your own. However, on the internet unless you can prove you wrote it and when. You could be up against a legal battle. A good friend of mine who runs a very high profile site. He actually assembles a book of content and submits it to the copyright office every 6 months. Which may seem like a lot of work. But its rock solid and scrappers don't have a leg to stand on.

Jmn187, Aug 22, 2008 IP