1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

v7ndotcom elursrebmem SEO Contest

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by hulkster, Jan 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    or its ... "Collateral Damage" - "Friendly Fire" :D

LaCabra, May 8, 2006 IP
  2. sji2671

sji2671 Self Made Mind

Best Answers:
    I am seeing some new results coming through here. For the last few days I have been solid at 3 on all dc's, showing up at No.2 now and its live on google.com for me, can we end the comp now ?:eek:

sji2671, May 8, 2006 IP
  3. clerk

clerk Guest

Best Answers:
    I think it is very usefull. If I have a site with pr 5, I will do it.

clerk, May 8, 2006 IP
  4. hulkster

hulkster Peon

Best Answers:
    hulkster, May 11, 2006 IP
  5. toms

toms Peon

Best Answers:
    I think he is the most efficient competitor : with fewer ibl he is doing really good things.

toms, May 11, 2006 IP
  6. sji2671

sji2671 Self Made Mind

Best Answers:
    Thanks Toms, aye it's going to be interesting, I think it's good that there is movement and that now includes 1st spot so the top 5 seem to have opened up, it did look like Jim was stuck there but anythings possible now.

sji2671, May 11, 2006 IP
  7. hulkster

hulkster Peon

Best Answers:
    BTW, John Scott at v7n.com is talking about adding some on-page optimization to the main v7n.com page. He currently ranks #10 ... and I don't see V-E anywhere on the page ... so this could provide quite a boost.

I said "go for it" in my reply - more the merrier as we mix this up and one of his original intents was to have "fun" with this contest ... a photo-finish is a lot more exciting. JimW has been a strong competitor all along and I expect will battle to reclaim that #1 spot.

BTW, http://www.web-marketing.pl/ has popped up a few times into the top-5 also.

Good luck to all at T-99 hours (and counting) until Noon PDT on May 15th.

hulkster, May 11, 2006 IP
  8. toms

toms Peon

Best Answers:
    sji2671 I also think you can do it with your second page around the page #5 (nice linking management by the way)

toms, May 11, 2006 IP
  9. sji2671

sji2671 Self Made Mind

Best Answers:
    Hmm a double top 5 listing would be nice :cool: I have been building the inside page but most resources had to be at the homepage just to try and keep up near the top.

sji2671, May 11, 2006 IP
  10. Jim_Westergren

Jim_Westergren Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, was away for 2 days and come back to see I am #2 ...

Did some checking and I see that the VE.net site got a bunch of PR7 and PR8 links from aleks pages ... such as komar.org, subpages, contest page etc. also a mention that it is for charity as well. Is the VE.net for charity? Also Celiac?

Well, it's a contest. I am just curious to know ...

Thanks.

EDIT:

Alek, I see it now under the entry of 2006/01/17 on your contest page.

Ok good, I understand.

Charity is a good thing, I don't complain :)

Jim_Westergren, May 12, 2006 IP
  11. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    VE.net is donating 1/2 to celiac!

LaCabra, May 12, 2006 IP
  12. hulkster

hulkster Peon

Best Answers:
    Jim,

http://www.v7ndotcomelursrebmem.net/ stated in their January 17th v7ndotcom elursrebmem update that he would send half to my charity if he won ... which I thought was darn generous of Scott and is noted in my same day update where I said "now THAT is a classy move. Needless to say, I am certainly appreciative of his efforts to help win some $$$ for Celiac Disease Research so I'm happy to support him ... although yea, I hope Google will pop my site up to #1 and his to #2 (I suspect Scott woud like the reverse of course) - all part of the contest.

Plus we have to give you and Marcus (who has gotten some nice 301 redirects) some competition ... ;-)

VE.net has actually been a player the entire time - see my V-E historical screenshots and with backlinks galore popping up all over the place (JimW has over 120,000 in Yahoo), I think it adds an element of excitement to the contest as we'll have a photo finish come Monday when (not implying John Scott is overweight or feminine!) the Fat Lady sings at noon PDT - ain't over until then!

hulkster, May 12, 2006 IP
  13. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    Jesus JW ... nice sig? With that sig - 3 VE links, 3 posts on 40 forums will get you 360 permanent links per day - not 200 like your sig says! Its kinda spammy though isn't it? Desperate measures, during desperate times? ;)

Roger that Alek - WPD-VE throttle up in progress!!! BTW MC said "No Problem!"

LaCabra, May 12, 2006 IP
  14. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    Okay seeing some new moves ... PHOTO FINISH GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!

VE.net - 1
    VE.net - 2
    JW - 3
    VE.com -4
    WPD-VE -5

LaCabra, May 12, 2006 IP
  15. sji2671

sji2671 Self Made Mind

Best Answers:
    Jim, right at the start I made my intentions clear to Alek(privately) that I would do a 50% to Celiac if I won, also mentioned on an inside page, not link bait, not on my homepage, not a surprise to you if you had paid any attention to my site from January, so don't blame that for anything.

Yes you do say your winning and your no.1 on your site and your wrong to presume that anyone has any divine right to be no.1, I do not expect to win, you did. Your arrogance has been amazing, I would never expect anyone to say;
    - Well as stated right at the start - I could make a hell of a lot more money concentrating on my own sites so the money is not my motivation, hence if I win I had agreed to donate 50% to Celiacs.

Do you question The Hulk's motivation more than yours to help Marcus? or Steven's motivation to 301 to Marcus, hmm, I do not expect to win, I do not deserve to win, I do not have a 4 minute interview on Scottish radio on Monday and I do not presume to know other people's motivation or to second guess their moves. Respect is more important to me.

sji2671, May 12, 2006 IP
    LaCabra, Design Agent and Smyrl like this.
  16. LaCabra

LaCabra Goats R Us

Best Answers:
    Ummm ... did anyone see where I put my beer? ;)

LaCabra, May 12, 2006 IP
  17. Jim_Westergren

Jim_Westergren Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Scott,

the ONLY reason for my question was to analyze what happened.

I have no problem with you winning and it is GREAT that the prize money goes to charity.

I am not questioning any motivation, it is a contest with no rules.

Just that I was #1 for a month or so and then now #2 and wanted to see what happened for my own understanding.

You win, good for you and I don't mind.

Jim_Westergren, May 12, 2006 IP
  18. Mohit

Mohit Peon

Best Answers:
    Yea! I also believe that. Jim Westergren should not have any problem if someone else win the contest. He has got the No.1 Place in SEO field. He has shown his skills. And I think he has already win the contest. He is the winner even if at the end of day he will lose this contest.

And Best of Luck Scott, Great work for Charity.

Thanks.
    Kkeith

Mohit, May 12, 2006 IP
  19. sji2671

sji2671 Self Made Mind

Best Answers:
    Nobody has won yet, that's for sure, google is quite capable of bringing new results through right up until Monday thats for sure, damn big daddy and its efficiency ;)

Oh and from speaking to Alek I know for sure he would really really like to beat me :) best of luck to everyone!

sji2671, May 12, 2006 IP
  20. Nintendo

Nintendo ♬ King of da Wackos ♬

Best Answers:
    Case in point: 12 hours before the first $500 went out for carcasherdotcom seocontest, I suddenly took over 1st place at all the datacenters. Then a few hours after geting paid...I went back to 2nd place!! :D

Nintendo, May 13, 2006 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.