1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Yahoo Still Competing with Google. Yahoo Site Explorer Gets a Makeover

Discussion in 'Google' started by HomeRun, Aug 21, 2008.

Will this help increase traffic and compete with Google?

A few years ago, we launched Site Explorer with the goal of providing site owners with better visibility into how we index their websites and what data we use in our search service. Over the years we've moved beyond simply providing information to webmasters to allowing them to tell us what to do with their site, using functions such as submitting feeds, deleting URLs or reporting spam. Our most successful function among all has been Dynamic URL Rewriting. We've had thousands of site owners enter rules for their websites and webmasters auto-rewrite an average of 25,000 URLs per rule, with some sites rewriting millions of URLs in 1 shot.

Today, we launched a new look and feel for Site Explorer (http://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/new) that provides a more dynamic interface to accommodate future feature roll-outs. The new interface also includes a new Site Summary page to provide statistics for authenticated sites. On top of this, we're also increasing the number of rules for Dynamic URL Rewriting that you can enter from 3 to 10.

The new site is located at a special URL to give you some time to play around with it and update your tools that use our interface. We will make this the default experience soon, so please use this time to update your tools. And, as always, please give us feedback on your new experience. We want to hear from you!

HomeRun, Aug 21, 2008 IP
    pctec likes this.
  2. princet

princet Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh, nifty.
    Thanks for my new toy HomeRun :)

princet, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  3. HomeRun

HomeRun Peon

Best Answers:
    No Probs now you can see the exact # of indexed / crawled pages

HomeRun, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  4. BlueEew

BlueEew Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is the amount of indexed pages?

BlueEew, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  5. guidyy

guidyy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I do not get it.
    I have about 1000 hits a day from their bot and they say only 5000 pages crawled.
    Either this thing is newer than five days or their bot are wasting my bandwith.

guidyy, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  6. Chrissy17

Chrissy17 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's interesting. Shows every page in the index....some pages have a cache but others don't.

Chrissy17, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  7. AngelaE8654

AngelaE8654 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Was it another thread about this same subject that I saw? Anyway, thanks for the good information. :)

AngelaE8654, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  8. kingofsanda

kingofsanda Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing that tool but I don't know if yahoo is capable of competing with google?

kingofsanda, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  9. alex_d1

alex_d1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Pity that they haven't yet included a section where you can see traffic to your site from Yahoo search. ( Most probably cos no one uses Yahoo to search !! - But it would still be an interesting feature. )

Alex

alex_d1, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  10. tjsocr22

tjsocr22 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I really like the update! thx! :p

tjsocr22, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  11. angilina

angilina Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Siteexplorer is updated but I think it is still not as good as Google webmaster tools :)

angilina, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  12. Lordo

Lordo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    From my experience with Yahoo! webmaster area and API, they are far less professional than google in the terms of programming and development.

Lordo, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  13. zee

zee Banned

Best Answers:
    Well, something is better than nothing. I like their DELETE URL feature. I believe it was an important feature that was missing all this long.

Yahoo's site explorer has always shown better results when it comes to checking for inlinks. Google takes days to update Webmaster tools whlie Yahoo is very quick.

I believe people still use Yahoo. At least far more than they use Live.com so yes, a little feature of showing Yahoo traffic would be cool but then again, I don't get any traffic from Yahoo so... :)

zee, Aug 23, 2008 IP