1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google sucks, know of good alternative?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Johnny Doomo, Aug 21, 2008.

When I signed up and started using them to show ads on my sites I was making $0.49 CPM, and as my site(s) have grown more and more popular they have lowered me to $0.28 and I'm not making enough money for the amount of work I'm putting into my sites.

Does somebody know of an alternative that pays better? I really don't like this dynamic crap that Google seems to be trying to pull. The harder I work, the more money I make for Google, and not me. No thanks.

Can people please offer suggestions to good alternatives that are better than Google's poor $0.28? I've tried adbrite before and they're crap and don't fill spots and slow the loading of pages... sometimes to a halt.

I am looking for something I can add their code and leave it and not have to mess with how much I want to charge for ad space here and there.

Thanks for any advice!

Johnny Doomo, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  2. snowbird

snowbird Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Depends on what niche your site is in, but you could try affiliate marketing. If you have a lot of traffic, you can try CPM ads.

Unfortunately Google tends to pay the best, so finding an alternative is not easy.

snowbird, Aug 21, 2008 IP
    Qryztufre likes this.
  3. Gursimran

Gursimran Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dude.... Google is the best in this business and pays the highest. What is your niche?

anyways.... You can also try Adbrite

Thanks.

Gursimran, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  4. Johnny Doomo

Johnny Doomo Banned

Best Answers:
    Before Adbrite crapped out, it paid better than Google. (Using adbrite default spots, not paid spots from other Adbrite users)

I have a network of sites, but most fall into entertainment or web service. http://www.ctenetwork.com

Johnny Doomo, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  5. catanich

catanich Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry, Google is the best game in town right know.

catanich, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  6. Event_King

Event_King Guest

Best Answers:
    I second Snowbird, affiliate marketing does pay better, and you don't get all that self-branding eg: Google branding, when you display banners. Click and Lead is best to begin with, as making cash on per sale is more for established sites with significant traffic.

Event_King, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  7. winsonyeung

winsonyeung Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google is the best but yet the most complicated to master
    But when u master google, others are nothing to u

winsonyeung, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  8. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    To all those saying "Google is best" keep in mind that google is only best for you...

I know people making cash from other networks, so *shrug*
    This I think has been the best answer...

Shop around, try various networks for a while, try affiliate marketing, combine two networks, work it out to see what works best for YOU.

Qryztufre, Aug 22, 2008 IP