1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Trend Vs Keyword Discovery?

Discussion in 'Google' started by supervaca, Aug 21, 2008.

Is Google Trends useful? Or Keyword Discovery is better?
    In my short experience Keyword Discovery produce some results that are at least unbelievable and probably wrongs.

But as Google Trends only gives you comparisons and not final numbers, I was wondering how accurate those lines could be:

For example, if the space between line A (the lowest term) and line B (the highest term) is the same than distance between line A and the floor of the chart, THAT MEANS THAT B IS A TERM THAT HAS TWICE AS SEARCHS AS A?

Besides that, what I am looking here is opinions about which is the best tool for a marketing analysis.

Thanks!!!!!!!

supervaca, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  2. salihpk

salihpk Banned

Best Answers:
    salihpk, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  3. yummytork

yummytork Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You probably shouldn't base your keyword research off of just one tool. I use keyword discovery, google trends, msn labs, the google ppc keyword tool, and the google traffic estimator. The numbers each one gives are almost meaningless. I have clients who are number one for their search term, and sometimes get more,and sometimes get less traffic than all of the tools report. What the tools are good for are coming up with niche, relevant, and profitable keyword ideas, as well as comparisons between which keywords generally get more traffic than others. Keyword Discovery usually reports which keywords get the most traffic, but it's numbers are super low.

yummytork, Aug 21, 2008 IP
    buffalo likes this.