1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How much UNIQUE is really unique?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by infofreek, Aug 20, 2008.

Could anybody please tell me how much unique is really counted as unique?
    Sometimes I am asked to rewrite an original article with 70-80% uniqueness. How can I do that? Actually I conducted a test. I took 2 articles from the Ezinearticles.com from the same topic and did the 'Dupecop' test. They came out to be only 48.6% unique. Ezinearticles.com is supposed to accept only the non-plagiarized articles. I must mention that both the articles cleared the 'Copyscape' test.
    I am really confused. :confused:

Please help.

infofreek, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  2. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you need about 80% uniqueness, it's better to just rewrite the whole thing.

Hopefully, your source is owned by the client.

marketjunction, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  3. chillingbreeze

chillingbreeze Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Adding 20-25% of your researched content to the re-write may contribute more uniqueness. Re-writing the same article with same content can not make it 60-70% unique. It may be paraphrased smartly to look different but not unique, IMO. The content and stuff would still remain same. This is what I think.

chillingbreeze, Aug 21, 2008 IP
    infofreek likes this.
  4. alexisarticles

alexisarticles Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, chillingbreeze has a good point. Even if the content is rewritten in a clever way, it's not going to end up being unique. Do some original research and add your own information to the articles. Then organize them in a logical way so you can incorporate the rewritten content and new content in one article.

alexisarticles, Aug 23, 2008 IP
    infofreek likes this.
  5. Internet Solutions

Internet Solutions Banned

Best Answers:
    Concentrate on individual experiences. Stories are powerful in the sense of getting across your point and they will add a measure of uniqueness to your article.

Internet Solutions, Aug 23, 2008 IP
    infofreek likes this.
  6. RACER

RACER Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are just talking about writing content unique enough to pass all the software tests, it can be done. But a human reader who reads any similar content can detect that both articles may be saying the same thing. So, it becomes a question of what the client wants, and whether your personal ethics will allow you to provide it. They may just want something that "slips" by the software.

RACER, Aug 23, 2008 IP
    infofreek likes this.
  7. infofreek

infofreek Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much to all for enlightening me.

infofreek, Aug 23, 2008 IP
  8. marketjunction

marketjunction Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When I spin articles, I usually get about 45% - 55% unique via DupeCop, which is a green light for me.

Of course, if I want 100%, I just rewrite the article. But doing that for say 15 or so places is a bit on the stupid side.

marketjunction, Aug 26, 2008 IP
  9. brandonmwalsh

brandonmwalsh Peon

Best Answers:
    If you are talking about ezine in specific, it takes 'very' little to fool the software, and you can essentially have identical articles from a thematic standpoint. But, for long term results, I'd always suggest writing/hiring for a total re-work.

brandonmwalsh, Aug 27, 2008 IP
  10. jeewant_gupta_051275

jeewant_gupta_051275 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly. All depends upon the clients' requirements. If you are just rewriting an article for the sake of making it "unique" while undergoing a dupecop test, you can easily fool the software by just re-phrasing the whole thing. If, on the other hand, the client wants the article to follow the main idea as given in the original, but needs the article to have a gamut of new facts and info in it, I would suggest that you research and add your own points in support of the central idea. In doing this, you will achieve about 80% uniqueness. Just dont make it look totally different from the new one for the sake of getting your payments on time!

jeewant_gupta_051275, Aug 27, 2008 IP
    sasta_king likes this.
  11. sasta_king

sasta_king Banned

Best Answers:
    well, i have been writing articles for quite some time now and i never had to clear a copyscape or a dupecop test as such. But for client satisfaction, that is paramount. In my opinion if you spend a good amount of time in writing an article, have your own style of writing, most articles would clear these tests provided the subject is as per your interest and you want to contribute towards it as well. So the best policy is to write them by yourself, takes as much time as re-writing or re-phrasing would, and client satisfaction is guaranteed.
    cheers

sasta_king, Aug 28, 2008 IP
  12. Mezmer

Mezmer Peon

Best Answers:
    70-80% of uniqueness is like asking to re-write an article. I particularly hate rewriting because its time consuming and very less profitable. Almost 99-1 % times i turn up with a 500 word unique article in 20-25 minutes but re-writing means less pay and more work.

Mezmer, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  13. Cuatrofb

Cuatrofb Peon

Best Answers:
    When i rewrite, i go for at least 90% uniqueness, more if i can. I'm a strong believer in not plagiarizing, and so thats how i make "unique" articles. But maybe thats just me.

Cuatrofb, Aug 29, 2008 IP