1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Scammed over $900 here at DP in 8 months- How much have u lost?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by keen4kash, Aug 20, 2008.

I did a quick a calculation the other day and am sad to say i have spent over $900 in my time here at dp on methods to make me money and have barely anything to show for it....... dead money. Its embarassing and to me and amount is a lot of money. Infact i would only say about 5-10% of that money spent could be classified as even giving me useful/benefical info. Some of the most useful nfo was stuff i dug up or learnt for free.

Most of that money was from 3 transactions.......

DP is full of sad sad stories i guess and people have lost far more $ than me.

Its too easy for members to promise everything, take peoples money then get banned (on purpose?) then they no longer have to be accountable or worry about the consequinces of not forefilling their obligations - there is no penalty or trouble that can come from it? They can wait a while and open another dp ac and repeat a similar scam again........

DP is based on the honour system and thats the problems there is very little honesty left online with it being far out weighed by scammers looking to take quick cash and disapear.

Be very careful buying anything from here is all i can say

MODS is there anything that be done all OR is the DP system aged and just no longer workable?

Ive just about lost all confidence in DP :(

keen4kash, Aug 20, 2008 IP
    bangalore likes this.
  2. kingofsanda

kingofsanda Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry to hear that you were scammed and that you lost so much money. You
    have to be careful who you do business with.

kingofsanda, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  3. keen4kash

keen4kash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The problem was the 3 main transcations that cost me the majority of my lost $ were all long time members who to the best of my judgement looked 'trustworthy' - all had at least a few hundreds posts, members for min. 6 months or more, pos itrader trading history of of min of 15-20 transcations, other long time members were purchasing or had dealings with them.

I try to take care and base my decisions on all i am aware of at the time after researching...........

what more can you do - unforenately its not just the new members that scam people at dp

no one is immune............ and many many users have been caught

4. Lumberjack!

Lumberjack! Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, you lost a lot of money. You should probably stop using BST for awhile until you start earning some of that money back.

Lumberjack!, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  5. PPCInformer

PPCInformer Active Member

Best Answers:
    sorry to hear that mate, I have had no issues so far. Post the name of Scammers here so others can stay away from them

PPCInformer, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  6. Rachel Johnson

Rachel Johnson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow... I guess I can count myself lucky then as I have not had any negative experiences. Then again, I came here with a service to offer and I am careful who I deal with.

Rachel Johnson, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  7. eSpenders.com

eSpenders.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok so please let us know how you lost $900 in 8 months when you have only been a member since February?
    the math does not add up?
    also please tell us who scammed you and how so we can steer clear off em! :)

what where you buying?
    looks like you have not bought anything over $25 here so only 3 transactions and $900 hmm!

so whats the truth?
    Give us details!

PeAcE

eSpenders.com, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  8. Fka200

Fka200 Guest

Best Answers:
    "Scammed" and spending "to make me money and have barely anything to show" are not the same thing.

Fka200, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  9. juissed

juissed Peon

Best Answers:
    Sounds like buyers remorse on some bad ebook purchases.. [​IMG]

juissed, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  10. solobeton

solobeton Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i'm was scammed for about $300 in 4 to 5 transactions here at DP. I beleive something have to done. To much is to much.

solobeton, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  11. Skullborg

Skullborg Guest

Best Answers:
    I've never been scammed, I always take security measures. :D

Skullborg, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  12. vBPoint.Com

vBPoint.Com Peon

Best Answers:
    Well , its not with a single person , Many person being scammed here. My friends told me many of their incidents.
    Its not about a single person , a lot looses their money.
    Yes its true , many newbies use pm's and attractive offers to scam others, but there are many incidents which will make you to loose trust on reputed members also.
    What you say is exactly true :
    Iam not blamming anyone , just saying that all is upto your decision to trade or not , no one is going to force you , you have to use your own skills , judgements and decisions to make a right choice.
    What you can do if a member with itraders 100+ get something from you and then tell you , I havent got anything or the newbie scammed be or said , your product is not good? iTrader also can't give you any guarantee as , being high itraders no one will blame them too.Again saying iam not blamming anyone but just some facts and clearities.
    Here I found a website very usefull www.badmembers.com and that shows high-itraders can also be scammers , just use your mind to make correct decision. Its your business and your money so use it wisely.

Sorry If I wrote any wrong.
    But all is a hard fact.

vBPoint.Com, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  13. Nestrer

Nestrer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I lost over $300.

Nestrer, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  14. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It will be good if u can also post the names of DP members who scammed u,is Richuser one of them as i can see his name in your location "Watchin Member "RichUser""

getjimmy, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  15. NathanCH

NathanCH Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have lost over -$2000 in the last 3 months... or if you look at it the other way around, I've earned over $2000 in the last 3 months at Digital Point :p

NathanCH, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  16. ViewPublishing

ViewPublishing Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes but if you put all your time into developing a site then i am quite certain you would have done better than break even. I look in BST from time to time but honestly I think it is better to spend that time on content or link building.

ViewPublishing, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  17. keen4kash

Best Answers:
    Im not crying poor or whinging just making people aware and to see how widespread common stories are......

I am aware of the risk involved in dealing here - there is risk in everything

The 3 dodgy transactions i referred to, do not show up on my itrader because they were deals that were never completed bcause the seller was banned or no longer active - so i did not think there was any point leaving bad feedback for it.

1 transaction lost $500
    another transaction lost $350
    another $50 in third transaction

they were money making methods that i attempted and either did not work as listed or the buyer did not hold there end of deal and help to make the money after doing the actions they required...........

refunds on digital items are virtually impossible from paypal even if they rule in your favor as the funds from the scammer have been withdrawn

When if ever are all these stories going to change the way dp is run?????????

The system of trading sucks and is so year 2000.............. so easy to misuse and mislead

18. CodeWorld

CodeWorld Peon

Best Answers:
    its really unfortunate these types of things happen here :|

CodeWorld, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  19. keen4kash

Best Answers:
    As whole i have enjoyed my time here at dp and learn a lot

and to put it into perspective i would say 80% of the transactions i have done have been successful

its just the other 20% has not worked out and happened to have been the deals where they were larger amounts of money which were lost with no return to show for it:(

doh - live and learn the hard way

Persistence will pay off in the end and will hopefully look back and think that amount of money was only small :)

20. gray929

gray929 Banned

Best Answers:
    sitepoint.com's marketplace now made all auctions legally binding. Try selling there.

gray929, Aug 20, 2008 IP