1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Dedicated Servers by SingleHop.com

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by netpants, Aug 15, 2008.

Hey Everyone!

Just wanted to let everyone know of a deal I have been authorized to offer only for the next 48 hours If you purchase a dedicated server with SingleHop.

I can give you a 25% discount on our management services, but only for new SingleHop customers who order any one of our dedicated servers within the next 48 hours!

Check out our servers here:
    http://www.singlehop.com/servers/index.php

Let me give you a run down on what these options are.

Semi-Managed - http://www.singlehop.com/managed/semi-managed.php
    Choose any TWO of our Flexible Managed Services to create your own Management Package. - [ For the next 48 Hours $29.25 a month ] Originally $39 a month

Fully Managed - http://www.singlehop.com/managed/fully-managed.php
    Choose any FOUR of our Flexible Managed Services to create your own management packages. [ For the next 48 Hours $74.25 a month ] Originally $99 a month

[Flexible Management Options ]
    * General Managed Services - General Managed Web Hosting Services is designed for organizations that do not have 24 hour IT-staffing, and need support for basic dedicated server services, as well as control panel troubleshooting.

* Quick Reaction Monitoring Recommended! - Quick Reaction Monitoring places your dedicated server front and center in our network operations center, and if your dedicated server at anytime becomes unreachable, one of our on-site representatives will immediately begin addressing the situation.
    * Automatic Event Notification Recommended! - Our advanced monitoring system watches your dedicated server 24/7 and notifies you if anything happens. You may then contact support or turn the issue over to internal staff at your organization.
    * Server Backups - Server Backups are a necessity, regardless of RAID configuration, or any other types of data replication, which makes our remote backup offering one of the most popular services that we offer. Server Backups are conducted over our secure, and private network, and can be configured to be set to your choice of interval (daily/weekly/monthly).
    * Kernel & OS Updates Recommended! - Whether you select a Linux dedicated server or a Windows dedicated server, our Kernel & OS Updates Managed Service will constantly keep your server up-to-date, which is essential for security.

* Server Side Virus Scanning Spam Filtering (including 1 domain) - An anti-virus solution is one of the most critical, and fundamental ways to avoid having your dedicated server infected, and compromised by malicious code. Server Side Virus Scanning is available for both Linux dedicated servers and Windows dedicated servers

* Security Audit (On Demand) *** - A monthly security audit is included with the purchase of our Kernel & OS Updates, Server Side Virus Scanning, or Spam Filtering. The Security Audit will be conducted on request by our experienced team of administrators, and will cover the bulk of the known security exploits on your managed server.
    * Software Firewall Configuration - Our Software Firewall Protection for managed dedicated servers is simply based on IP tables, and can be configured to meet the level of security that you require. We recommend software firewalls if you are expecting low-levels of traffic, and simply need a bit of added security for your managed dedicated servers.

You can get the deal any one of the two ways. Go ahead and order the server at SingleHop.com and then shoot an e-mail to Subject: ATTN Jeremy, and let me know what hostname, domain name you used OR just send me an e-mail and I can give you a fair quote and mark you down as getting the management deal.
    Thanks,
    --
    Jeremy Miller
    Account Executive
    SingleHop, Inc.
    223 W Jackson Blvd. #600
    Chicago, IL 60606
    Phone: 1-866-817-2811 ext. 103
    Direct: (312) 564-2453

netpants, Aug 15, 2008 IP
  2. NorTED

NorTED Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You guys looks like a great company! And if it wasnt for the expensive servers then i would have seriosly considered you guys! :)

I love your new LEAP controlpanel, and it prooves that you guys are there to assist and help and actually develope ;)

NorTED, Aug 15, 2008 IP
  3. netpants

netpants Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    To be honest I started out as a client of theres. I love there services and believe in them so much I sent them my resume, and now I work there. Its an awesome company based out of Chicago Il, right next to the Sears Tower on Jackson st. SingleHops data center is only a few blocks away from there.

If any of you live near Chicago give us a call and schedule a tour of the Data Center we would love to have you!
    (not to many companys freely invite people to tour there Data Centers)

4. sellingonline

sellingonline Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    still I wouldn't seriously call it "inexpensive", don't you think? anyway, good luck.

sellingonline, Aug 15, 2008 IP
  5. netpants

netpants Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Since Norted mentioned leap I thought I would throw up a link for everyone to view at there own leasure. Here it is http://www.singlehop.com/poindexters_lab/leap_demo.php?autostart=yes .
    Leap is unique to the industry, no other company has anything like it.

We have a team of developers always working to lead the industry with new innovations!

6. MarcL

MarcL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 1
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    Yea, singlehop has a great panel!

MarcL, Aug 15, 2008 IP
  7. gurubhai

gurubhai Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Its new into this industry...it suddenly grow up and came into xistance in past 2,3 Months

i dont belive any such sites...lets wait for 1 year then see what will happen if they can maintain same

then they will be called a good company

gurubhai, Aug 16, 2008 IP
  8. netpants

netpants Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    LEAP was being developed for a long time, and its still continuing to grow. I can assure you that in the office across from my desk there are a team of developers dedicated to working on new and innovative ways to turn dedicated hosting by SingleHop into something special.

These are not just some guys contracted when something is needed, they work full time in the SingleHop offices just developing/ writing programs to improve our services for you the client.

I understand how one can be weary as for a long time the industry never changed, they let themselves age as years went by without growing with new technology. SingleHop is setting a new industry standard and has already set the pace on what a hosting company should be.

netpants, Aug 16, 2008 IP
  9. SingleHopDan

SingleHopDan Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0

Just a small note. This is actually incorrect.

Originally SingleHop was part of midPhase, which was founded in 2003. SingleHop was incorporated separately in October 2006. In December 2007 midPhase and it's shared, reseller and VPS assets were sold off while its dedicated assets were rolled into SingleHop. That gives us the company as it exists today. SingleHop manages 1,100+ servers, for 700+ customers and has a staff of just under 20 actual human beings in Chicago. Including our newest team member, Netpants aka Jeremy :)

Dan

SingleHopDan, Aug 16, 2008 IP
  10. RWHost

RWHost Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I have heard of them but not really alot. They look great :) And that new design..

Good Luck guys.

RWHost, Aug 16, 2008 IP
  11. gurubhai

gurubhai Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Ok nice to hear this...but there are some issue recently i have signed up for that 199$ super server offer and never got the sign up link in my email and when i try to talk to anyone from your company at aim then No ne answer me...this made me crazy and thing brought a feeling in me that you might not be a good company or might not able to maintain the level or services in future

gurubhai, Aug 16, 2008 IP
  12. NorTED

NorTED Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    From what i have heard and seen of SingleHop, then they actually are a quite amazing and soon-to-be respectable company!

Like i have mentiond previosly in this thread, if it wasn't for the expensive pricing then i would have gladly chosen SingleHop above Limestonenetworks!

NorTED, Aug 16, 2008 IP
  13. ninjacluster

ninjacluster Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I have a site hosted by Singlehop (www.businessphonesdirect.com). Been with them for months and the service has been amazing! Would easily recommend.

ninjacluster, Aug 16, 2008 IP
  14. samcroft11

samcroft11 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    And the other staff are monkeys? :O:O:O.

---

I'll probably be purchasing a server from you soon as I have been hearing nothing but good things about you recently.

samcroft11, Aug 16, 2008 IP
  15. netpants

netpants Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Norted did you know about our $200 credit for switching from your current hose to SingleHop, this should certainly offset some of the cost!

netpants, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  16. NorTED

NorTED Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I do know now ;)

$200 sounds great, but comparing the server specs with the ones from Limestone then $200 would be enough to match the same price for the first month! The next months the price is suddenly a few hundreds $ higher for lower server specs :p

NorTED, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  17. netpants

netpants Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Norted, would you mind me asking what server you have from limestone?

netpants, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  18. NorTED

NorTED Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Intel Core2Quad Q9300
    8 GB DDR2 RAM
    750 GB HDD
    2000 GB Bandwidth
    RAID 1 etc is free of charge.. (SingleHope is not)
    134.95$ Monthly ;)

It's hard to beat such a price, all my servers with them are at these specs! :)

NorTED, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  19. netpants

netpants Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    We may not always be the cheapest , we cannot give things away, but how about this. For the next 72 hours , any Digital Point Member who buys a server from us and mention this thread will get Raid-1 for free with the purchase of a second hard drive.

I also noticed LimeStone does not offer the a la Carte management options , in fact they don't offer management services at all, nor do they offer the same level of service we offer. For example, we assign a dedicated account executive to every client. Most companies don't do that, even though it means a higher level of service. Essentially you get what you pay for in this industry.

Thanks
    Jeremy

netpants, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  20. NorTED

NorTED Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hello,

Limestone can provide you with a dedicated "account manager" if you intend do want one! Just ask for the same person every time your contacting support :)

And yes, it might recieve a higher quality of support! But my experience with this when i was hosted with Caro was bad! As the account manager was living in a completly different timezone then me, and when it was day for him then it was night for me.. And the other way!

So yes, i recieved good support from a guy that was knowledged about my story! But in return i got slow support and service!

NorTED, Aug 20, 2008 IP