1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

PayPal really sucks

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by plmerlin, Apr 18, 2006.

1. ishtar

ishtar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Once I tried making a paypal account, but I noticed that my country wasn't in their country list, so I emailed them and wrote in my email that I wanted to create a Paypal account but my country isn't in their country list, and when it would be there or if it still could be possible to create a Paypal account. They wrote back and told me to give them a phonecall...... I mean, 'hellooooooo', then why do you have an email-support...........pffffffff

ishtar, May 9, 2006 IP
  2. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:
    2co is actually the worst...

paypal is pretty straight forward on there policies. Most people that have had problems did not do there research

Shoemoney, May 9, 2006 IP
  3. best-p4u

best-p4u Peon

Best Answers:

it is true......

It is so hard to get any support from 2Co.....................

:(

best-p4u, May 11, 2006 IP
  4. shahab6

shahab6 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I sell someone about $1200 worth of pop-under and expire domain traffic, I get the money, I send them the traffic. 3 weeks later, paypal sends me letter that the payment you got was frudulent, and they take the money from my account.

Btw the person who send me that frudulent payment is a member here his, SN is Prajyot,
    his email is this .

shahab6, May 11, 2006 IP
  5. aeromit

aeromit Guest

Best Answers:
    I think the buyer signed up for "Money Back Guarantee" option. I don't know whos' right and who's wrong but what do expect someone to do if a purchased product does not work.... to ask money back of course. PayPal just did what their customer paid for!

You've taken a risk with this sale. It has nothing to do with PayPal. Sorry to here you've lost money! To contact buyer is the best you can do!

aeromit, May 12, 2006 IP
  6. dragos_le

dragos_le Peon

Best Answers:
    it is your fault because you forgot to disable the "paypal payment must go to" option

dragos_le, May 13, 2006 IP
  7. scoxy

scoxy Peon

Best Answers:
    I've had PP chargeback problems. I can't wait to see Paypal cry when google purchase is realeased, assuming it turns out to be what everyone seems to think (http://purchase.google.com). Unless of course eBay are too proud to let people pay with it.

While I sympathise for the whole 'I told her not to pay with paypal', if you didn't uncheck the box, then when she came to confirm, it would have said that was accepted, so you can blame her too much. Although, yes, she should have read it.

scoxy, May 13, 2006 IP
  8. werewe12

werewe12 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I payed a freelancer 150$ through paypal before he sent me any work. I (offcourse) never received anything from this freelancer. After complaining to paypal they sent us both emails to reply too. Anyways, to make a long story short, they refunded me half the money. Either way you look at it, paypal is still a smart company. They make alot of money.

werewe12, May 13, 2006 IP
  9. Connections

Connections Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    pay pal is a bit dodgey...I only use it if I MUST...I like direct debit IMO its soo easier for the sellers

Connections, May 13, 2006 IP
  10. iBold

iBold Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't expect to find less fraud from them...

I used them about 2 years ago, and did about 2k / month in transactions, of which about 500$ was from pirated credit card numbers. It's also a mess.

And the tracking number bit is quite true. Just provide PayPal with proof that you shipped the item and you will usually win the case. I've sold a number of $xxxx items via PayPal and never had a problem as long as I've got the tracking number for the shipment.
    Good luck getting your money back, hope it goes well for you..

iBold, May 13, 2006 IP
  11. blueoceanwave

blueoceanwave Peon

Best Answers:
    Paypal is very anti-business, but very pro-profit for themselves and their mother company (ebay). I refuse to use them unless I really have. Getting a merchant account with a big merchant company is usually way better. But some times you just have to count a certain percentage of income to fraud and make that a part of doing business.

blueoceanwave, May 14, 2006 IP
  12. DogFaceBoy

DogFaceBoy Peon

Best Answers:
    I use both 2co and Paypal and personally I like both of them. Paypal has saved my bottom in many disputes in the past. So I still have a thumbs up for them.

DogFaceBoy, May 14, 2006 IP
  13. libertygone

libertygone Active Member

Best Answers:
    100% true
    paypal fucking sucks when it comes to treating sellers right.
    i am a power seller on ebay and when someone opens a dispute with me, they always win, no matter what

i wish i didnt have to use them

libertygone, May 15, 2006 IP
  14. scribbz

scribbz Peon

Best Answers:
    I've not had any negative experiences with Paypal yet because I always document absolutely everything. However, I've had friends online who have suffered problems with them quite badly, losing 100s to lying and deceitful people.

The rule of thumb is to always have documentation, then things usually don't go wrong.

However, I may have just got lucky so far, only time will tell!

scribbz, May 15, 2006 IP
  15. dotcom360

dotcom360 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been using paypal for the past three years..Till now i havent got a problem with that.I use mainly for my website and domain business! Mine is a business account.They are just straight forward and are implementing their policies.

dotcom360, May 15, 2006 IP
  16. Hoth

Hoth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Especially since they take forever to hand-approve payments. I've never had occasion to deal with PayPal's support, which I take as an indication that PayPal does things right, but I have had to spend a lot of time hopelessly arguing with 2checkout representitives about transactions they've canceled (after a 3 day wait).

Been using PayPal for 3 years, they've processed hundreds of payments without any incident for me. 'Course I know it only takes being unlucky once.

Hoth, May 15, 2006 IP
  17. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    paypal is the worst company in the world
    they regular steal my money with chargebacks and even take fees from chargebacks!

DomainMagnate, May 17, 2006 IP
  18. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    everyone can do a chargeback and no matter what was it, the money will be returned, you call that policy? :rolleyes: :(
    Your business is partially based on paypal subscriptions, so you probably know that better than anyone else...

DomainMagnate, May 17, 2006 IP
  19. geck0

geck0 Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry to hear about your situation - hope you can get your money back from paypal.

geck0, May 19, 2006 IP