1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Russia Warns: Poland could face attack over its missile defense deal with the US.

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by bogart, Aug 15, 2008.

1. baconbits

baconbits Banned

Best Answers:
    You are denying the established definition of a word. Anybody here can see that.
    I took your quote and made my point. You can deny what I said all you want but you are wrong. You are tring to dispute the definition of the word threatened and fear. Yet I am using quotes from your article, other articles, wikipedia, and dictionary.com to prove that I am right.

To disprove me you are calling me a stupid and childish.

baconbits, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  2. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Not at all, that's like saying 'citizens fear drunk driving and rape' in a discussion of rape and someone saying well they are afraid because someone threatened them to be raped and nothing more.

You make the connection to the 'threat' and decided to bypass the 'terrorist' point, making you more than a little wrong.
    You've got to be kidding me, look at the time stamps. This was AFTER the first article! You made the assumption BEFORE I gave you this link. That is the point, EVEN IF you are 100% correct I despise those who make things up from an article that do not exist such as you have done!

Ohyeah forget to include the 'danger' part, nope one can only be afraid when someone threatens them. Tell that to the white guy who is 'afraid' walking in an inner city, wow he must of been 'threatened' by someone before he even talked to someone.

Is this truly the best you've got? I'm seriously bored as fuck!

Even if it makes them 'feeling threatened' it does not equate to them 'feeling threatened' because of Russian threats. Nobody can be this fucking stupid, I mean seriously nobody. Yet again they could easily be 'threatened or fearful' because of the past. It is YOU who decided to take it upon yourself to add something to the article that DID NOT exist, and then to also bypass the 'terrorist' aspect of it completely.

LOL, thanks for proving me right' Feeling threatened yet again does not necessitate 'being threatened' proving your entire point totally wrong.

It was a serious question..

:rolleyes:

You do realize one can 'feel threatened' without actually being 'threatened' or 'being threatened' being the cause of why they feel 'threatened' do you not?

Why do I feel like I'm arguing with a chimpanzee?

GRIM, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  3. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I am not denying anything...

Look at what you originally posted.

You do not state they 'feel threatened' you state it is BECAUSE RUSSIA IS THREATENING THEM AND SCARING THEM.

All the while bypassing the terrorist aspect of it, and now trying to change it into 'well they feel threatened' which is NOT always the same or caused by actually being threatened.

GRIM, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  4. baconbits

baconbits Banned

Best Answers:
    So you are sitting here and disputing the established definition of a word? The definition on wikipedia and dictionary.com and many other dictionaries out there.

Again since this discussion is about Russia I thought I would stick to the points about Russia.

I guess you forget the fact that I already linked to 2 different articles timestamped months before the one you linked to. Those 2 articles mentioned Russia threatening Poland in them.

Not all fears are rational. Have you ever heard of phobias? Tell me that an arachnidphob does not feel threatened by spiders. They may of never had an experience with spiders. Never been bitten or close to one. Yet they fear them. Not all fear is rational. So again I just proved your argument to discredit me wrong.

I seriously want you to tell me that Polish people are not threatened by Russia. As you yourself stated. Older Poles still feel threatened over Russia from the WW2 and Cold War era. And do not try to say that the Polish do not feel threatened by the fact that Russia said they would aim missiles at them.
    The article may not out right specificially say \"Polish people are afraid of missiles beinig aimed at them\" but everybody knows they are and everybody knows they would be afraid in the same situation.

I again continue to prove you even more wrong.

You do realize one can \'feel threatened\' without actually being \'threatened\' or \'being threatened\' being the cause of why they feel \'threatened\' do you not?

Why do I feel like I\'m arguing with a chimpanzee?[/QUOTE]

Yes you can but this is not the case in this situation as you and I both know. And as I clearly explained up there irrational fears do exist and a real threat does not have to be present.

5. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:
    Jesus Christ. It's clear you enjoy arguing for the sake of arguing.

LogicFlux, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  6. baconbits

baconbits Banned

Best Answers:
    He will never admit when he is wrong. He usually seems to be right but in this case right here he has just backed himself into a corner and is now just arguing for the hell of things. Everybody can see he is clearly wrong here. He is questioning the definition of established words and to do so he leaves out the fact that there are such things as irrational fears and phobias. Sick

7. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Not at all, your twist and exclusion more like it.

Oh sure, nice and convenient scape goat. Even though there was another reason, totally bypass it, uh huh.

They did not state that the Polish people, according to the article I had posted were afraid BECAUSE of the threats now did they? So your point would be?.............

No actually you continue to discredit yourself. You did not state 'they felt threatened' you stated
    Russia is threatening them and scaring them.

No matter how much you try to wiggle out of this one it aint going to happen and I am seriously bored, most would simply give it a rest.

Nice twist again... I have not stated they are not threatened. you however YET AGAIN stated

as the reason, not because they 'feel threatened' but because Russia is threatening them, all the while bypassing the terrorist angle as well.

Lay off the crack will you buddy? I am seriously worried for your health if you honestly believe with your lie filled, twisted back talking posts have 'proven me wrong'

Nope lets look at what you originally posted shall we?

GRIM, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  8. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Oh yes because I don't like lies..
    Oh really,

you're bringing up 'irrational fears and phobias' discredits your own post, why you would do this is truly 'Sick'

My entire point is you made up things that did not exist in the article, a normal person would have admitted that, but nope not you, you continue to argue, all the while changing and shifting to try to make a point that does not exist.

GRIM, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  9. baconbits

baconbits Banned

Best Answers:
    Okay blah blah blah. More of your usual crap. More usual crap. Im not even going to quote all that and respond.

Seems your main point out of all of that crap is
    \"Russia is threatening them and scaring them.\"

I linked to 2 articles ages ago citing where Russia is threatening them. The timestamps were before the one you stated. So feel free to go back and actually look this time. Russian officials said they would move missiles to the border and point them at Poland.

That is a threat and like the Polish people I too would be scared out of my mind if one the world super powers was threatening to point missiles at me.

Why do you only care about your individual article. You say you are only arguing this because I am saying something that is not mentioned in your article. I posted 3 of my own. 2 dated before your article. So not not sit here and say I am making up facts when it is documented.

And you are the one that brought up the entire concept of being afraid of something for no reason. Though it had nothing to do with his debate I still went and proved that people can and are afraid of irrational concepts.

10. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You stated
    In response to
    #1 Of course since you are responding and insinuating something from this article I am going to focus on this article.
    #2 You left out the 'terrorist angle' making your post incorrect
    #3 Your post is further incorrect as the article states nowhere that it's because of Russia 'threatening them'
    #4 You can keep bringing up articles that show Russia threatening Poland, that does not equate to that being the reason, nor does it state it anywhere that the article is speaking of those threats as to why they are afraid of Russia or terrorists.

I could go on and on, there are so many holes in your debating style it's not even funny.

Stick with facts would you? Or is that too much to ask?

GRIM, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  11. baconbits

baconbits Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes I stated
    And that is pretty much the primary reason and the reason I am focusing on. I would also like you to go back to your article and notice how it mentions Russia several times while it only mentions the \"terror threat\" a on one single occasion and that follows a mention of Russian threat.

Those quotes from your article not only show that the Poles are worried about Russia but it also shows that the primary reason of fear is because of Russia. As I said it made one reference to terror attacks and it did not expand on it in any shape or form.

And I when I stated
    I was saying this because that is what I have came to see while watching this entire event unfold over the last year or so. It was not directly at your article but since you wanted t discuss that I thought I would show you sources where Russia had threatened Poland. Again I gave you 3 samples and 2 were from before your article.

so in response to your numbered list

1. i was making a statement not even based on your article but you quoted me so I went in and began to show Russian threats.

2. you are trying to use the terror angle as your escape method but the truth is that terror is not their number one concern and the article only mentioned terror once in a very very brief way while it did focus on russia in a lot more details.

3. The article states on many an occasion Russia and how officials are concerned with retaliation and how they are afraid of a Russian conflict. Once more fear and threats are linked together 100%. And your article is not the only source out there so I do not understand why you take things as being wrong just because its not in the one you linked to.

4. So you are saying that the threats Russia makes against Poland has nothing to do with them being afraid of Russia? And then you go back to thinking your article is the only one that matters. And to top it off another irelevant mention of the terrorists.

When you say holes are you referring to all the ones I just pointed out with you?

12. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:
    The red rep was a bitch move. I don't even give red reps to people who resort to name calling because they can't win an argument. Hell I don't think I've ever given a red rep.

13. baconbits

baconbits Banned

Best Answers:
    He gave me one as well. How nice of him. He cant beat us at a debate so he does that. I havent even given you red rep when you deserve it for lying, name calling, and being immature.
    Oh the DP debates are so much fun. I should find myself a real political website with some people that might actually know something. It would be nice to debate an intelligent person for once.

14. LogicFlux

LogicFlux Peon

Best Answers:
    I couldn't give him red rep if I wanted to, because I've given him positive rep too recently.

[​IMG]

15. ncz_nate

ncz_nate Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    pleeeease, you neg me (try to at least) for this

you deserve all the red rep this forum has to offer.

ncz_nate, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  16. baconbits

baconbits Banned

Best Answers:
    Did I now? I havent negged anybody. I would love to see your proof that I did. But nice accusations against me

17. GRIM

GRIM Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It NOWHERE states that the people are afraid because of Russian threats, it also is not just a primary reason, you deliberately made up your own facts to fit your way of thinking.

Uh huh, yet it states terror attacks, something you decided to ignore. It also does not state they are afraid because of Russia threatening them.
    Yet again Russia threatening the country of Poland does not equate to the reason they were frightened being the same. How you can not comprehend the fact that you made up your own facts is simply amazing. You made up the facts and acted like they were in the article itself which they most certainly were not.
    Oh give me a break of course you were. You responded to the article with

Not at all, I do not need an 'escape angle' it is just ANOTHER nail in the coffin showing how you made up the facts in your head. Terror was still an issue according to the article, the article that NOWHERE did it state Poland citizens were afraid because of Russian's threatening them.

You can not be serious. You are RESPONDING TO THE ARTICLE itself! Nowhere in the article does it state Poland citizens are afraid because of Russian threats.
    Did I say that? I love how you make your own shit up.
    I am saying it as simple as possible, here let me hold your hand!
    NOWHERE in the article you decided to respond to does it state anything at all about Poland citizens being afraid because of Russian threats. Terrorism is NOT irrelevant, it is apart of the article YOU are responding to! The article that you decided to forget about facts and make up your own!
    What holes might those be? You surely did not point out any in my response, if any you exposed more in your own and showed yet again you have no clue.

Totally leaving out terrorist fear, totally bypassing the fact that the article you are responding to states nothing about Polish citizens being afraid because of Russia threatening them.

Actually you deserved it. I can't win an argument? From the likes of you? Wow put down the crack, yes you had such a great argument that I gave you red rep for.

How could anyone defeat such 'logic'. :rolleyes:

Me giving you red rep was well deserved, I love how both of you are bitching about it like little school girls yet I SIGNED IT!

If you were at an actual political site you'd be laughed off of it after your first post. I have been a member of many of them, don't make me laugh. You're not even in my league.
    Awwww, too bad.

GRIM, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  18. touchAshley

touchAshley Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't really want in on this, but I just popped in to say -

I've never seen grim admit he's wrong. I don't think he can take it. I sometimes watch the arguments in p&r and I'm waiting for him to admit he's wrong on something. But it won't happen -_- He will just pick all over your words and before you know it, he's justifying everything.

touchAshley, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  19. atvking

atvking Active Member

Best Answers:

i know but if i was putin (and im not) id never let the americans get away with it...id say what the F do you know about our "Defensive" missile systems and id load cuba like a motherf-er ...

its exactly what you said they install the "DefensivE" missile so their offense gets no resistance...a matter of national security for the russians no doubt about it...no reason for the USA to do this other than sheer war mongering and false paranoia about poland being "attacked" by some mystery country...

atvking, Aug 20, 2008 IP
    baconbits likes this.
  20. Matsuri

Matsuri Peon

Best Answers:
    BREAKIng NEWS

stop fighting with each other guys..... :( its sad

The deal has been done. USA is now putting the missile base on Poland.
    So will Russian stays without doing nothing or will take some actions?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7571660.stm

Now the real WAR has begun.........

Matsuri, Aug 20, 2008 IP
    baconbits likes this.