1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Domain parking is dead

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Disguised, Aug 19, 2008.

Just found this very good article on DomainInformer. I think it's good for a discussion.

Source: http://domaininformer.com/guides/General_Information/articles/080819domainparkingis.html

Disguised, Aug 19, 2008 IP
    Bucaneiro likes this.
  2. roel djikstra

roel djikstra Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you just try to promoting all of these domain paking?

roel djikstra, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  3. Disguised

Disguised Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What do you think buddy :rolleyes:

Disguised, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  4. damnidunno

damnidunno Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've always thought that domain parking was retarded, which is why i'll never personally do it.
    I like to develop each of my sites rather than look silly.

damnidunno, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  5. mozzeratti

mozzeratti Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sure are promoting that SteadyNiche.

Anyway, I think that domain parking has it's usefulness...but I also believe it
    it should not be the ultimate destination of a domain name.

mozzeratti, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  6. Fka200

Fka200 Guest

Best Answers:
    Agreed. I have LOTS of names parked and make good money domain parking... but I eventually want them all developed into unique and useful websites. I try and spend a week developing one site... but it'd take me forever at that rate to get everything up and running.

In fact, I'm probably going to be taking some developed sites off and send them back to domain parking since I'm just not satisfied with the way they look. Oh well.

Fka200, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  7. evil

evil Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Developing a domain requires a lot ot time: who can develop tens or hundreds of domains?

evil, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  8. svfox

svfox Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Seems alot like whypark. You will have duplicate content problem with Google.

svfox, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  9. niceilike

niceilike Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would love to see domain parking disappear. So many people are holding high quality domains and waiting for them to increase in value when I would love to develop them. If we get rid of domain parking maybe some of the domains would hit the market for a reasonable price.

niceilike, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  10. desilator

desilator Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont mind parking domains.. Gives me a place to keep it while I set plans on development. Definitely not a long term solution though.

desilator, Aug 20, 2008 IP
  11. shuttle

shuttle Active Member

Best Answers:
    dead as a doornail it is...

I don't see the point in parking domains at all.

shuttle, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  12. Fka200

Fka200 Guest

Best Answers:
    Make income through advertisements with domains you currently own that can produce some sort of 'natural' traffic.

Fka200, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  13. Disguised

Disguised Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I guess I should have posted a poll on how many people are against / For Domain Parking. So far everyone seems to be against Domain parking and want to use their domains for some other purpose (developed sites).

Disguised, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  14. Fka200

Fka200 Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm in no way against domain parking.

Fka200, Aug 21, 2008 IP
    Disguised likes this.
  15. dluvs2

dluvs2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Domain parking dead? I don't think so. Not sure where the facts are coming from, but if you use the right parking company it's not a problem.

Many people have hundreds, thousand and even millions of domains that they would never have time to develop, therefore they park them until they are used while at the same time earning a little revenue on them.

I checked out the link. Very nice layout. I like the colors, but I hate to say it, the end product looks a lot like WhyPark/Wordpress.
    Demos:
    Your soccer demo has a winter scene for the header.
    The text runs over the tables on the others.

The one thing I really do like is the shadow box. That's cool. A big plus.

Overall it's not bad.

As far as domain parking goes. I'm all for it. Use the right company and your domains will remain active and may increase in PageRank, but most of all, earn you a little rev. :D

dluvs2, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  16. Disguised

Disguised Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That's why I used the word "Seems" not "is" ;)

Disguised, Aug 21, 2008 IP
    1 person likes this.
  17. Nick_Mayhem

Nick_Mayhem Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Parking doesn't works for domains nowadays as there aren't any good domain names left out that would attract lots of type in traffic.

Nick_Mayhem, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  18. shuttle

shuttle Active Member

Best Answers:
    I knew that, thanks for the info anyway.

The question is "Is it worth doing it if you plan to develop the domain later on?"

People that have visited the domain while it was parked would not consider it as an authoritative one when it starts serving some other purposes I think.

That was my point in the first post I wrote here.

shuttle, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  19. Valineo

Valineo Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I don't agree fully with what is said here...
    First of all, domain name parking works great if you have a good parking company with good parking pages, and that can be fixed by you too... if parking company doesn't allow you to modify parking pages, switch to another company...
    Other point, some of the best domain names out there are parked (or was parked for a long time) which does make sense, especially if domain is getting good traffic...
    Other reason is, some people work with high number of domain names, buying/selling thing, and mostly they don't have time to develop all of them... that is situation with me since my domain name portfolio at the moment counts about 200 domain names... my only choice is to park them, which is not that bad since most of them earn $0.50 - $5 daily...

Other side of the story is, yes, developing websites is always the best way to go but... it takes a lot of time... even with that script that you promote... second thing, there is a lot of similar scripts out there so that's nothing new... the best way of developing websites is something I work on, and that is product I won't promote here ;)

Valineo, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  20. Bucaneiro

Bucaneiro Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, i noticed that this article has been written by one of our customers, and as the SteadyNiche developer, i would like to speak a little about what was said about the product and the general subject: domain parking. I will start by replying some users:

That's the general idea of SteadyNiche. Allowing you to develop your domains in record time and without requiring technical knowledge. A hybrid between parking and developing, ideal for those who lack the skill or time to develop full websites.

To be honest, no. SteadyNiche is more robust and have more features than WhyPark. SteadyNiche allows you to customize your website in almost every way if you want to.

• You can pick your favorite RSS feeds and merge them with the content displayed by SteadyNiche
    • You can use the word replacement feature to replace common words in the content displayed in your website and produce "technically unique" content
    • You can choose a keyword for each section of the website (The Articles section shows content with the "nintendo wii" keyword and the Blogs section shows content with the "xbox 360" keyword)
    • You can sort the content displayed (date, random and alphabetically)
    • You can change sections names, as well enable/disable them
    • Complete template system, easy to use and modify
    • High-quality templates included with the software
    • You can create custom pages directly from the control panel
    • You can create custom content items for each section directly from the control panel
    • You can manage your banners from the control panel

Also, there are many discussions on the Google's "anti-duplicate" policy. No one is sure if Google penalizes website with duplicate content. I suggest that you take a look on that before assuming anything about Google's policy.

That's the problem. Why get little revenue when you can get full revenue over your domains? In the Web 2.0 era, working with parked pages doesn't seems to be the right choice. There are many solutions for "intelligent domain parking", and SteadyNiche is one of those.

The soccer demo is, as the name says, just a demo. It uses a template included with SteadyNiche instead of having a more customized look. Changing images in your template is pretty easy, as well modifying the whole website design. If you want a more customized website, you can have it. If you want just a turnkey solution, you can have it. SteadyNiche IS that versatile.

True. But people seem to be very comfortable with parking and little revenue, instead of trying to get the "real pot".

I have to agree that, definitely, parking is dead. Based on that idea we built SteadyNiche, and also based on that, we decided to transform it in a product. SteadyNiche isn't a "one objective" product, as i like to say. You're developing your domain, raising it's value and rank and earning money from sponsors and affiliates. You're able to use any advertising program in the websites, including Google Adsense and YPN. You're also able to earn money from the eBay Partner Program and advertise any other affiliate program through the custom page and item creation systems.

Bucaneiro, Aug 24, 2008 IP