1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Spelling mistake???

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by rickbender1940, May 7, 2006.

I just submitted the following text for a bunch of coop links: Don't forget to get a ----- when you're looking for -------

The ad denied msg said: Check the spelling of " don't " and "you're"

Ummm... they're spelt right!!! Don't is a contraction of do not, hence the apostrophe comes in. Same for You Are --> You're

It's a basic grammer rule! Somebody needs to learn how to spell -- and it ain't me! :p

Ok I re-entered all the listings, with a small change so the ad descriptions now read "Don't forget to get a ---- when looking for ----"

And once again, all ads are denied "Check description spelling"

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Am I overlooking something right in my face? Otherwise this is getting ridiculous. Usename is percolate if any other reviewers see this thread.

rickbender1940, May 7, 2006 IP
  2. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    You were using Dont and youre, without the apostrophe, don't blame other people for your mistakes.

fryman, May 10, 2006 IP
  3. rickbender1940

rickbender1940 Guest

Best Answers:
    Do you really think I re-submitted the ads TWICE and didn't notice that? They absolutely did have the apostrophes. The only thing I can think of is something with Opera or code pages?

It's too bad I deleted them, that would have settled it

rickbender1940, May 10, 2006 IP
  4. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Yup. You did. Fist time you had a description with dont and youre, which were denied. Then you submitted again and changed the wording a bit and took out the youre, but still left the dont.

I thought you were foregin or something like and thought it was a bit strange to see the same error twice.

fryman, May 10, 2006 IP
  5. rickbender1940

rickbender1940 Guest

Best Answers:
    Hmmmm, there's no reason for either of us to go nuts so I think there's some real issue. Maybe the admin interface has some problem.

I just added a new one with anchor "Testing Apostrophes Testing" and the description has the apostrophes "Don't forget to get a ----- when you're shopping for ------". Let me know what you see on your end. I'm attaching a screenshot because I definitely see the apostrophes!!!

Attached Files:

6. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    WTF??!

I can't see the darn apostrophes! What's going on? :confused:

This is weird...

[​IMG]

I can see the apostrophes here in your posts, but I can't seem to see them on your ad

fryman, May 10, 2006 IP
  7. rickbender1940

rickbender1940 Guest

Best Answers:
    What happens if you add a coop ad yourself with apostrophes, do you see them in the interface (both as a user and an admin)?

SERPalert likes this.
  8. SERPalert

SERPalert Guest

Best Answers:
    I think there's a apology in there somewhere rickbender ;)

SERPalert, May 11, 2006 IP
    rickbender1940 likes this.