1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Post Comments on other Blogs to Promote your Blog

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by GuardianAngel, Aug 15, 2008.

Although there may be tons of tips on how to promote our blogs, posting comments on other blogs is one of the simplest ways. This does not require technical skills or a lot of time, and there are thousands and thousands of blogs to choose from. However, some bloggers are not gaining from them because they are taking some important factors for granted. Spam comments are everywhere, and you may not notice that yours are among them. With this, here are some of my suggestions.

Post valuable comments

Valuable means you do not only say “Nice post, or great list, or worst, I just drop by to say hi” This means you have to contribute interesting facts about the post, or sharing your experience related to the post. If there is a question on the post, answer them with all you can. Read and understand the whole post carefully before you leave a comment, especially if you want to add something. You might be adding something that is already there. If you don’t, chances are your comments will be disapproved.

Post related comments

Your comment may be valuable but if it is off-topic, consider it as nonsense. If you want to promote it, find a proper place where it cannot hurt you or other bloggers. If you are selling something or offering a paid service, you can always use the contact form. Leaving comments may look like a forum thread but you will not be careful, you will overdo it and it will annoy other commentators and the blog owner as well. Show some respect for the blogger and who knows, he might also visit your blog. You will be hitting many birds in one stone.

Do not do the obvious

Although you may have similar topics on your blog, avoid mentioning it unless it is being asked. In addition, do not show numerous links to your blog posts. The link from your name is actually enough if your comments are interesting to read. In addition, never provide a link to you blog post that is obviously irrelevant just for the sake of promoting your blog. On the other hand, it is better that you direct the link from your name to the blog URL you want to be visited instead of your home page. Visitors will find it easier to get to your post.

Be consistent

The more consistent you post comments on the same blog, the greater chance you will have in succeeding in promoting your blog. This is because the blog owner or other commenters can easily notice you. However, you must be conscious about it. Although being the first commenter can help a lot, it can also be a disadvantage not only to you, but also to the blog owner. Sometimes, you can think of a better comment if there are other comments ahead of you. Consistency does not only mean quantity but also quality.

How we promote our blog reflects our identity as a blogger.

Article Source: Humane Blogging Tips

GuardianAngel, Aug 15, 2008 IP
  2. JoanneGreco

JoanneGreco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good tips to remember. :) I also like to include how I found the blog, in my comments. Such as if I found them through a search or a blog carnival.

JoanneGreco, Aug 15, 2008 IP
  3. shararti

shararti Guest

Best Answers:
    nice, this helps :)

shararti, Aug 16, 2008 IP
  4. godsofchaos

godsofchaos Peon

Best Answers:
    Firstly I never spammify!!!!!!!! Lol

You have broken it down like a pro which is quite good. Keep it up! In my opinion, the best way to comment and promote your blog is not to think of promoting your blog and your blog.

Relevancy is the key and your knowledge (whether you have lots or you are a newbie) also makes up the entire body of the comment.

Your interest, the true interest that is, really matters so if you are really interested then you will be respectful even in negative comments.

Never ever leave a link like:

Best Regards,

Nokia Themes

LMAO!!!

You know what I mean!! Cheerios!

godsofchaos, Aug 16, 2008 IP
  5. GuardianAngel

GuardianAngel Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I will. You are right though about not being selfish.

GuardianAngel, Aug 16, 2008 IP
  6. NaIdz

NaIdz Banned

Best Answers:
    lol at godsofchaos

you have spam below your post.wahahahahaha.joke

well about the post,

great list:)

hahahahaha.

honestly, like your tips. this could be a nice strategy on promoting my own blog.thanks a lot!!

NaIdz, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  7. slyvisions

slyvisions Peon

Best Answers:
    Truly some great commenting tips.

slyvisions, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  8. mspennylane

mspennylane Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with your tips and posting comments not only brings you visitors but hopefully you read some interesting stuff too.

mspennylane, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  9. CaveBoss

CaveBoss Active Member

Best Answers:
    You learn from the blog post, the comments of other users, you can provide help and maybe you get a backlink. That sounds very good!

CaveBoss, Aug 21, 2008 IP
  10. GuardianAngel

Best Answers:
    And you can also use them as reference for your next posts.

GuardianAngel, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  11. iloveRP.com

iloveRP.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Commenting on blogs takes time. Choose the blogs that interest you much or blogs that are related to your profession or industry. You are adding valuable knowledge to yourself if you read blogs that are related to your field and participate in the discussion.

iloveRP.com, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  12. GuardianAngel

Best Answers:
    I partially disagree with this. A blog that does not relate to your profession or industry does not necessarily mean you cannot post useful comments. The mere fact that you are interested in it is a good reason to leave a comment.

Note that you can also join a discussion about the upcoming US Presidential election even if you are not an American or a political analyst, as it is a worldwide interest.

GuardianAngel, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  13. zk5182

zk5182 Active Member

Best Answers:
    you can comment on any blog...but google may not value your link back based on quality / relevancy of your blog

zk5182, Aug 22, 2008 IP
  14. GuardianAngel

Best Answers:
    It may be true but if you are leaving quality comments on top blogs like Copyblogger and Problogger, you can get visitors from fellow commentators.

GuardianAngel, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  15. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    This is where 'tunnel vision' gets you into trouble and you will ultimately fail on any endeavor. It is not about the links, it is about promoting you as an individual.

A lot of people just do not get the principal idea of blogs. They are, in effect, a decentralized forum. They are social in most aspects.

If you run around commenting on blogs for just a backlink, then you gain nothing. You are correct in that Google placing less emphasis/weight on a link found in the comment area (as opposed to a link in the post) and there lies your demise. Your comment will get deleted and you will be remembered for what you are, a link whore.

Dodger, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  16. GuardianAngel

Best Answers:
    We have the same idea, as I mentioned earlier. But your explanation tells it all.

Thanks for that.

Dodger likes this.
  17. player82

player82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    One of my fried told me that blog can be promoted by posting comment but I still didn't tried it.

player82, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  18. Habitat

Habitat Peon

Best Answers:
    Good post. Theres nothing more annoying than seeing a post from a fellow blogger thats straight promotion.

Habitat, Aug 24, 2008 IP
  19. GuardianAngel

Best Answers:
    Why not start now with my blogs? You might find my posts interesting to leave a comment.

Yes, that is why I think it is better if we moderate them.

20. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    I left the forum scene a couple years ago. Came back just to get involved and help people.

It is the same, maybe worse, how myths and quick link methods are still being perpetuated. I can see that nothing has changed.

After viewing a few forums in the last few weeks, I would have to say without a doubt that Digital Point is one of the least moderated forums around.

I have seen more threads go off-topic with the same people hawking themselves in a manner that is not only unhelpful, but bordering on the likes of whores underneath a streetlamp.

But that is okay. After all, DP is in the USA. In the USA, we are capitalists. We are afforded the right of free speech. And we can conduct ourselves in any manner, as long as it is not leud or disruptive to the status quo. DP is the embodiment of America.

It is sad, however, that while we prey upon each other. While we do not talk honestly with each other. While we are all consumed with our own petty greed. I still have a damn PR3 for my freakin' website!

Dodger, Aug 24, 2008 IP