1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Beware of Alertpay ! Smells Scam !

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by sosmuthu, Aug 16, 2008.

I m a User of Alertpay for less than 6 months and till now i have carried out just one transaction in the last 6 months for 55$

Since i use Paypal more often,i dint think of using alertpay for paying services,since not many accept Alertpay.I did not even login to my alertpay account thinking the balance would be still intact.(Probably this was the mistake i did)

On Aug14th,i logged in and found my account balance was 0$ !!!
    On seeing the History,it showed the 55$ Transaction was reversed!!!:confused:

The Most important thing is I did not receive any email/notification abt the reversal of payment.In Paypal,Atleast you will receive an email and u will have a communication window to know what has gone wrong.
    Even after 3 days,No Response either on their Phone or via Email..

So If you are using Alertpay,the chances of a customer paying and reversing the amount is very high :eek: .So he gets the products & also gets his money back and YOU will not even know what happened since they dont notify you & end up losing your Money & the Product

I also did a google search for Alertpay,Payment reversed,& many people have posted same issues .Some have even termed Alertpay as SCAM.I too get the same Feeling.
    It seems Alertpay is a Heaven for Scammers.Worst than Paypal:(

sosmuthu, Aug 16, 2008 IP
    nabil_kadimi likes this.
  2. GWebmaster

GWebmaster Banned

Best Answers:
    what's the payment "state" in your Paypal account?

GWebmaster, Aug 17, 2008 IP
    nabil_kadimi likes this.
  3. nabil_kadimi

nabil_kadimi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Same happened to me, many chargebacks and zero email notifications... account blocked with $100 in it without any notification... weak email support... useless forum (you never get the registration confirmation email)... I lost aroud $10 on the phone to get my account back, I withdrawed all my money and switched to a better payment processor.

For the info, I even contacted them to ask if they allow the product I'm selling and they said yes.

So... yes, IMO, AlertPay is a scam

nabil_kadimi, Aug 18, 2008 IP
  4. lostgot

lostgot Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes,the main reason to join DP was to get more info on this!!

Yes,Even i faced same issues with Alertpay,They seem to be not Working anymore

lostgot, Aug 18, 2008 IP
  5. TrafficSales

TrafficSales Peon

Best Answers:
    Our company has been using AlertPay for quite some time. We've done over 30,000 USD in total transactions both pay ins, pay outs, and bank deposits / withdrawals and we've had absolutely not one single issue with AP. Compared to paypal the process is smooth, Their customer service is amazing and they've even provided two on site reps for our company so that they could answer customer inquiries. To call a company as good as AlertPay a scam is frankly stupid. . Get it right people. If you can't determine a proper company from a crappy service something is wrong. We look forward to doing business using AP for many years to come.

Also AP is releasing a debit card for withdrawing your funds Q4 , 2008.
    How can you go wrong?
    I expect to see this company grow and grow.
    If you're having issues you're either not following their TOS or you've done something wrong.

TrafficSales, Aug 18, 2008 IP
  6. oxidati0n

oxidati0n Peon

Best Answers:
    What I don't quite get is that you're the only one that's not facing problems out of like 300,000 people.

There's enough problems with them .. heres some:

1) Annoying - You get the "ASP Error" very regularly (every 30 minutes for me, mostly during payments).
    2) Super High Fees - They charge a lot of money, WAY more than PayPal. When you withdraw your money you have to pay additional fees.
    3) They aren't funded enough, PayPal is a billion dollar company whereas AlertPay isn't - They don't have enough funds to provide themselves as an established popular company. They suck.
    4) Extremely Poor Support - I'll admit emails to PayPal suck but they still do reply whereas AlertPay don't even reply and there phone support costs a lot of money.
    5) Easy Chargebacks - Extremely Right. They do support chargebacks and they don't care as long as they get there 100% full free profits. They're making easy money but don't really care about the members which I find quite rude.

AlertPay was good when it first came out, but frankly now it's popular it sucks. They wouldn't be here if PayPal didn't make a move on PTC websites.
    I'd be VERY suprised if you weren't a representative or even a staff member of AlertPay.
    $30,000 USD you transferred - How much did you get from that - $22,000 I'd say. AND you're just one client.
    Bad service. Bad costs. Bad support. 3 Common factors of a payment processor thrown back at the consumers faces.

You're one successful AlertPay user, What about the other 300,000 - They've had problems but you're the only one successful. Wow, that's seriously the first.

oxidati0n, Aug 18, 2008 IP
  7. TrafficSales

TrafficSales Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow another uneducated person.
    AlertPay has top notch support for the record.
    The errors were mostly during their upgrade to allow more countries which is complete by the way. Also how can you speak for 300,000 people when you're just one person? Everyone I know has absolutely NO issues using alertpay including 50,000 of our members so I again must state either your're not following their TOS OR you're simply not reading everything on their site / doing things correctly. PS Paypal has had way more errors and downtime than AP. Also the fees are comparable and it's actually more like 55,000 USD in transactions we've done total and no they haven't shaved off much fees at all. My initial statement was mostly how much we've paid out to users / advertising. If you can't read properly how to use a payment processor or their support system what do you expect?. Don't sit here and call them a scam because we've not had a SINGLE issue period with them. In All of our transactions we've had one single chargeback of 12.99 only. If you're getting chargebacks for payment you've recieved frankly your services suck and your buyers are unhappy and why should AP take the hit for you?

Check your head.

As for even assuming without research that I'm a member of AP's staff that makes me bloody laugh.
    We just happen to use them as our primary payment processor and I'm quite happy to report you're wrong on all fronts.

8. rodneycowart43

rodneycowart43 Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks !!!!! I was thinking to use their service, its an alerting thread for new users

rodneycowart43, Aug 18, 2008 IP
  9. TrafficSales

TrafficSales Peon

Best Answers:
    If anyone is dumb enough to listen to users who haven't used their accounts correctly they've not a mind to think with of their own.

10. Koodous

Koodous Peon

Best Answers:
    In all honesty, I think AlertPay is the best.

Friendly support staff, whom answer emails in no less than 12 hours for me, despite a message displaying they are being overwhelmed with emails.

Koodous, Aug 18, 2008 IP
  11. awundrin

awundrin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm....I was going to go with ALertPay because of all of the PayPal horror stories of frozen accounts, etc.
    How long before AlertPay puts the money on your bank account after a withdraw? (internationally). I can't find it on their website.

awundrin, Aug 18, 2008 IP
  12. TrafficSales

TrafficSales Peon

Best Answers:
    Depends on what country you're in. I know they process bank withdrawals on Tuesdays and Thursdays but as for their bank wire option (New) We're just testing that now.
    It's quite fast. If I put in a withdrawal request Tues morning it's in the bank by Wed morning.

TrafficSales, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  13. mmikeyy

mmikeyy Peon

Best Answers:
    I doubt you could of experienced any of this, as you're underage and shouldn't have an account.

And i've just received my bank transfer from alertpay, no problem with them at all.

mmikeyy, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  14. Nick13

Nick13 Banned

Best Answers:
    I use alertpay almost every day to receive payments. Each transaction is around 15$-20$ and I do maybe 10-15 a day. I have never had a problem sending, receiving, or withdrawing money from my alertpay account. It takes about 3-5 days to receive a bank transfer. I don't know at all what the OP or some others in this thread are talking about!

Nick13, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  15. the rebel

the rebel Active Member

Best Answers:
    ya i also face troubles with this so called alertpay ya they have a lot of errors specially in sending payments & i also got a chargeback without ever notice by email, they sucks onlu take their commission & u go to hell & another weird thing, if u want to open a dispute.. i called them to unauthorize a transaction cuz some1 scammed me, the babe repied on the phone told me that i should wait 5 days after the date of sending to open a dispute thats really work lol. Now im done with them, they locked my account guess why they told me that i got a transaction from someone that shares ips on his account . ok thats not my business, what can i do ... they told me that my account is locked & will be unlocked till this guy is verified , i personally pmed this guy & no response & returned to alert but they said unfortunately we cant do any thing till this customer is verified . i told them i want to refund him if this unlock my account & till the moment they dont reply on my emails or calls.

Actually U will be the loser if u used alertpay

the rebel, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  16. Nick13

Nick13 Banned

Best Answers:
    lol was that english?

Nick13, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  17. Skullborg

Skullborg Guest

Best Answers:

Are you from Alertpay? I mean a staff or something? No offense buddy, just curious. :D Oh and, I haven't used Alertpay much, but what I know is, its better than Paypal, despite that it doesn't support some indian banks, pfft. :rolleyes:

Skullborg, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  18. pathfinder

pathfinder Peon

Best Answers:
    Alert PAy is Good even the biggest paid to click site bux.to is using alertpay...........U

pathfinder, Aug 19, 2008 IP
  19. TrafficSales

TrafficSales Peon

Best Answers:
    No I don't work for AlertPay.

TrafficSales, Aug 20, 2008 IP