1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Where is the creativity?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by jeewant_gupta_051275, Aug 17, 2008.

Guys, there was a time when people actually came online to read blogs of other people. I have a very good example of such blogs. I dont remember the URL, but this blog was of the oldest blogger in the world, who happened to be an Australian. She has expired now, though. She had survived three of the greatest periods in the history of mankind - the two World Wars and The Great Depression. Her blogs were a real treat to the reader, free from ads and written in a flowing manner, without the usage of "keywordS".
    My question to every blogger present here is..
    Don't you think that the creativity and "story telling" aspect of blogging is being taken over by the need to use keywords and "manufacture" content so as to generate the maximum revenue?

jeewant_gupta_051275, Aug 17, 2008 IP
    Halobitt likes this.
  2. mizaks

mizaks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sadly, yes.

mizaks, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  3. bwnunnally

bwnunnally Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that there are a lot of blogs that are focused on content and tell delightful stories. But they are not easily found on the searches because they are not large commercial sites focused on seo. They are more like delightful little bed-and-breakfasts off the beaten path. You have to search them out, and appreciate them where you find them.

bwnunnally, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  4. CodeWorld

CodeWorld Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes but back then internet and blogs were not considered to be a big earning oppurtunity. But now people have earned millions of dollars from it, everyone wants to go on the same boat :)

CodeWorld, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  5. rome9t9

rome9t9 Peon

Best Answers:
    To each his own..Ford didnt make car to help us travel for free..it had a price tag.

Creativity must get its due share.

rome9t9, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  6. box2s

box2s Peon

Best Answers:
    Blogging is a money making tool for most people now.

box2s, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  7. jeewant_gupta_051275

jeewant_gupta_051275 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly. People who have made money from blogs, and those who are MEANT to make money from them are those who are creative. Even optimising for keywords is a kind of creativity only. Blogs were started as a publicity tool for people who were creative and good writers, but could not actually invest the money to get a book or a novel published. I feel that we are to some extent responsible for making the real purpose of blogging obscure.
    Regards,
    Jeewant

jeewant_gupta_051275, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  8. godsofchaos

godsofchaos Peon

Best Answers:
    True! But there are still some of us, including me who actually writes for what they believe in and anything that comes along with that is a bonus.

godsofchaos, Aug 17, 2008 IP
  9. sb_guru

sb_guru Peon

Best Answers:
    Why dont someone share some great blogs which have good contents. I would love to read some interesting blog which have rich contents. In modern days blogging has become very mechanical and commercial. It is also a promoting tool but creativity is always welcome to me.

sb_guru, Aug 18, 2008 IP
  10. EWD

EWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The world, the internet & the things in it are searched so many times by so many people that they are no longer uniqe to anyone. Have you heard of the old saying : "old wine in a new bottle". the question is how many new bottles ????. CREATIVITY dear friends has alsmost become extinct. It is not anyones fault... every one is learned today's world.

The best to do in such times is ... blieve in yourself & say, do & CREATE what u feel like..... u never know it might be CREATIVE enough.

EWD, Aug 18, 2008 IP
  11. LarryMac

LarryMac Peon

Best Answers:
    Sad but true, Most bloggers are looking to increase their PR and Social networking stats.
    But the other side of that is most bloggers want to earn money to pay for their expenses.

LarryMac, Aug 18, 2008 IP
  12. nuhouse

nuhouse Active Member

Best Answers:
    As with most of these things people will eventually ignore the bad blogs and gravitate towards those with decent content.

nuhouse, Aug 18, 2008 IP
  13. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    This was inevitable as more and more people discover that you can make money online.

dcristo, Aug 18, 2008 IP
  14. Arkserver

Arkserver Banned

Best Answers:
    I post my software on my blog and write tutorials, code examples etc for tun and along the way people liked my blogposts and as of now i get 1100+ readers a day/average (according to the wordpress stats plugin) The earnings are pretty good also for a blog like mine but i can't say i can make a living out of it (yet)

Arkserver, Aug 18, 2008 IP
  15. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    The internet is an advertising medium. Just like T.V., Radio, and Newspapers. It is there to entertain you, or give you enough information in order to sell a product.
    Don't get it confused. If you want to be creative and helpful for free by all means, do it.

The term "starving artist" is not just a saying...it's true. If you want to see a movie based on artistic value, you go to an independent film festival, but the money is spent on things that the majority of people want to see, and sadly in this society, that is largely superficial fiction.

I write my blogs because I love the subject matter, and that was one of my mistakes when I first started building blogs and sites, instead of what will sell. With the exception of one blog...I want to make some money !

You can still provide a helpful service to people and make money..actually that is how you make money..solve a problem, or offer a solution.

The use of keywords and targeting high paying content (according to Google) has diminished the amount of truly interesting content on the web, but that is what advertising and marketing is. Just enough generalized gibberish , sound bytes and images to sell something.

I understand where you are coming from that the nature of web logs in their original intent has commercialized tremendously, but if you truly want artistic value, then read a book...Oh yeah ! Those are for sale too. :)

hmansfield, Aug 18, 2008 IP
  16. sudarshanwagh

sudarshanwagh Peon

Best Answers:
    The example you have given is true . Most of the bloggers today are behind money. They ignore quality. It is sad but true.

sudarshanwagh, Oct 30, 2008 IP