1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I kept getting rejected from Ezine.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lonelyguy, Aug 14, 2008.

This is like the fifth time. It kept telling me to edit something but i kept editing and still same result. Help plz
    It says:
    "Your article does not adhere to our Editorial Guidelines, Section 2.e v."
    "Your article must not promote your company, product, or yourself in the article body. Please edit your article so that your company, product, or author name is not in the title or article body, and resubmit for Editorial Review."

Heres my submitted article:

"I work for an ecommerce site and have worked in the online space for the last 10 years. I started as a website/CD publisher and have spun into a kind of business development / online marketer. As such, I am constantly negotiating with companies, submitting contracts for review and signage, and always sending faxes.

One of the most unfortunate things about my chosen path is that I have to deal with lawyers a lot. I'm joking... kind of. The documents that I send to the outside firms are sensitive legal docs that have been generated by our inside counsel, and generally reviewed by the outside firm's counsel. This means that we don't want to send an electronic copy, as it's simply too easy to change around.

As you work to get a deal done, it's very important that you retain some kind of version control on your document - you want to know who changed it, when they changed it, and for what reason. If you don't know this type of stuff, you can lose your focus and the deal. So instead of sending the easily lost, changed, corrupted, etc electronic docs, we tend to send faxes. This is great, but it entails lots of time at the machine, and as you can imagine that 10 years of contracts starts to take up a fair bit of office space!

So I'm always looking for new things change the way I do my job to make me better and more efficient."

lonelyguy, Aug 14, 2008 IP
  2. boddog

boddog Peon

Best Answers:
    including "i" word in you article is not a good choice, and "i" word article does not sounds like professional

You need to write a well written article, and make sure you avoid using "i", "he", "they", "we" whatsoever

boddog, Aug 14, 2008 IP
  3. terryd

terryd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Ummmm......is it just me or is your article full of "I" meaning that YOU are promoting YOURSELF which as you can see above is not within the editorial guidelines, that is why it has been rejected 5 times.

terryd, Aug 14, 2008 IP
  4. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    Write all your articles, like the perspective in this paragraph.

As for the rejections, join the club. I have nearly 1000 articles, and they go anal on me.

Supper, Aug 15, 2008 IP
  5. lonelyguy

lonelyguy Peon

Best Answers:
    How u join club?

lonelyguy, Aug 15, 2008 IP
  6. ChrisJacobson

ChrisJacobson Peon

Best Answers:
    Ezine is pretty sticky, but once you start getting the hang of it and submitting articles within the guidelines on the first try, it's a breeze.

ChrisJacobson, Aug 15, 2008 IP
  7. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    LOL, you killed me with that comment :D :D :D

bl4ckmaN^, Aug 15, 2008 IP
  8. xinfinity

xinfinity Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with the first and second post, please avoid using the word "I" that might be deemed as though you are just promoting yourself through the article "directly". Read some popular articles at ezine and study how they craft their articles.
    Best of luck to you.

xinfinity, Aug 15, 2008 IP
  9. AllproJJ

AllproJJ Active Member

Best Answers:
    You might want to learn english better... Not tryin' to bash you or anything. Your english isn't too bad, but Ezine Articles has a very tough time accepting articles from people with not very good english.

Haha... I do have to say that I like this comment.

AllproJJ, Aug 16, 2008 IP
  10. lonelyguy

lonelyguy Peon

Best Answers:
    ya my english really bad. I editted the article without using the I's and now im getting grammar errors and the won't accept my article.

lonelyguy, Aug 16, 2008 IP
  11. bl4ckmaN^

Best Answers:
    Then you may want to outsource articles.

They are quite cheap actually...

bl4ckmaN^, Aug 16, 2008 IP
  12. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    You can outsource them, like bl4ckman. I believe a rough cost per article is $5-10.

You can always pay someone to look over your work and fix up your grammar. I know there are people out there that do these services for ebooks, which cost about a $1/page. I imagine it would be very similar to $1/article.

Supper, Aug 16, 2008 IP
  13. lonelyguy

lonelyguy Peon

Best Answers:
    that sux. I lived in the US for nearly 8 years and go to school everyday but my english still horrible

lonelyguy, Aug 16, 2008 IP
  14. bl4ckmaN^

Best Answers:
    Spend more time learning some grammar and reading different books/watching TV rather than killing your time on MSN or whatever using *chatty* language.

bl4ckmaN^, Aug 16, 2008 IP
  15. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    My grammar used to be pretty bad. English was my first language and everything, but I was one of those left brained people (Math, Physics, Logic). I didn't study, do homework in any math or science class and got top notch marks. Classes like English, I had to work my butt off just to get a crappy grade.

If you wanna know how I learned to improve grammar, goto a political forum (not this one lol) and get in fights with people. People will call out your grammar and call you stupid (politics is dirty). You'll eventually start spelling right. You'll start looking up things. Is it your or you're? Who or whom?

Worked for me, so I might as well give you the advice.

Supper, Aug 16, 2008 IP
  16. Fl1p

Fl1p Active Member

Best Answers:
    ROFLMAO :D

Fl1p, Aug 16, 2008 IP
    Smyrl likes this.
  17. johnkhoo

johnkhoo Peon

Best Answers:
    After all, its all about grammar in English. Improve it and don't overly promote yourself and you are on the way.

johnkhoo, Aug 16, 2008 IP
  18. Bohol

Bohol Peon

Best Answers:
    You need to study how published authors write their articles. Learn from the masters and pursue your dreams.

Bohol, Aug 16, 2008 IP
  19. Guidance

Guidance Peon

Best Answers:
    Try to hire a good writer and ask him to create a quality article that's fulfill all that requirements.

Guidance, Sep 6, 2008 IP
  20. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I've had all of my articles accepted, some have even been purchases from DP for maybe 8$ an article.

Brandon Sheley, Sep 6, 2008 IP