1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blocking low-paying ads. How do you know which ones are low paying.

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by adsensenewb, May 9, 2006.

1. frisby

frisby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Because you have just mentiont godaddy ads, are they avaragely well paid or no?

frisby, May 10, 2006 IP
  2. kimi

kimi Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you tried this tips to block those low paying ad?
    I got it from here http://www.neyokes.com/2006/05/03/google-adsense-tips/

I have tried it. But, it only work with low click site. Whenever you see the first click of the day in a specific channel(page channel), get the price. Than, open your clicklogger and try to find the first click on the day in the specific page. So, from the adsense account you could get the price and from the click tracker you get the ad.

I already knew, whose ad price more then $1 and whose are paying $0.02 :p

kimi, May 10, 2006 IP
  3. Asian Playboy

Asian Playboy Peon

Best Answers:
    I just try and block totally unrelated ads that have no relevance to my blog or the content of the particular post in question.

Like blocking "Asian Mosquito" ads when really I'd prefer it if Asian personals or dating advice (ie eHarmony) were shown.

Maybe those blocked ads are actually higher paying, but I doubt my particular core demographic really gives a damn about things that have no relevance to why they're coming to my dating/pick up advice blog.

Asian Playboy, May 10, 2006 IP
  4. Gurpartap

Gurpartap Peon

Best Answers:
    u dont need to so that:

-----------

Using URL filter to block filter what they think are low-paying ads.

They do this in hope it will bring in place some ads with a higher value. In fact, this is an erroneus judgement, for thus, they block the highest bidders.

According to the bidding rules of the system, it's only the highest value ads that will show. Blocking the ads served will determine AdSense to serve the next highest paying ones. Make sure you always track and test when blocking ads.

-----------

thats what adsblacklist.com has in their increasing CPC guide

Gurpartap, May 10, 2006 IP
  5. Mong

Mong ↓↘→ horsePower

Best Answers:
    Even if you are tracking cpc of your ads and capturing url of that ads.You must know cpc is not always avg cpc.And advertiser can change its CPC at any time.So you never know which ad is paying less.

Mong, May 10, 2006 IP
  6. NewToAllThis

NewToAllThis Peon

Best Answers:
    And why keep high paying ads on your site that are not relevant and no one is going to click on them? :confused:

NewToAllThis, May 10, 2006 IP
  7. Troutnut

Troutnut Peon

Best Answers:
    I am skeptical of this point. Google does everything possible with the data they have to maximize your earnings. But their knowledge is limited to what their automated algorithms can discover and record about your site. An ad's global clickthrough rate might not be the same as its clickthrough rate from your audience and your site. And Google's targeting is imperfect.

I still don't have that much interest in shuffling my block list, but I can see reasons why it might work. It's probably a method that's overused and misused more often than it's used correctly.

Troutnut, May 11, 2006 IP
  8. theuser

theuser Guest

Best Answers:
    Why not treat ads the same as you would for outgoing links. Only allow ads that offer VALUE to the users of the site. If you don't know the audience of the site, give it time to grow and mature before you start blocking ads.

Although, the best way to get rid of unrelated ads is to change the site text to more accurately reflect its purpose. For example, a mortgage site that offers US mortgages might list all major US cities. What tends to happen is you get more general ads like 'meet girls in New York'. I would rewrite the site text to match more mortgage specific terms and leave out generic terms.

theuser, May 11, 2006 IP
  9. tweety

tweety Peon

Best Answers:
    i think filtering is a bad idea and is needed only when there is a competion or sex or something like that ads comming

tweety, May 12, 2006 IP
  10. TheSyndicate

TheSyndicate Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I tested to take away my filter and my ads dropped 50 % i put it back very quick !

TheSyndicate, May 28, 2006 IP
  11. TheSyndicate

TheSyndicate Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I did it now for a week 200 sites. That was posted as low pay my income shrunk so fast i was hitting like 1 or 2 dollar i took it away and it was back up.

TheSyndicate, Jun 6, 2006 IP