1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Spamming Google - to report or not to report this?

Discussion in 'Google' started by Colin, Jan 13, 2005.

1. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I agree, Colin. And nfzgrld isn't saying his competitors shouldn't advertise on TV, ferret77 -- what he's saying is if they display false or misleading advertisements on TV, they should be sanctioned.

minstrel, Jan 19, 2005 IP
  2. subnet_rx

subnet_rx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is simple, report them. Personally, I think White, Black, and Grey hat SEO has killed a lot of my search results. I create a quality site about a subject and sit and watch as sites that have nothing to with it beat me in SERPS because they have 20,000 backlinks from sites that did not link to them because they feel it's got quality content but because those sites need more money or links themselves. It's all screwed.

subnet_rx, Jan 19, 2005 IP
  3. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    But that's the way it works...

If they have 20,000 backlinks, then you have to do the same...

Sorry, but that's life.

SEbasic, Jan 20, 2005 IP
  4. aspcoder

aspcoder Peon

Best Answers:
    Its all about who did what and who stands where. If u have implemented css, u will support it. If keywords for which you r competing, and not getting results, u will oppose it.
    Thats why there is a business called SEO and this forum.

aspcoder, Jan 20, 2005 IP
  5. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    I really doubt that hiding some text or links will do do jack for your google rankings , and as msn and yahoo are basing more on links and anchor text it soon won't do jack in there either

I don't really know of any really effective 'spam' except for trading or buying a bunch of links

and thats just standard SEO

except maybe spamming guestbooks that might work

If there was a quick and easy way to the top believe me I would buy some doamins and do it,

I think the 'power' of seo spam is quite over rated

ferret77, Jan 20, 2005 IP
  6. Trance-formation

Trance-formation Peon

Best Answers:
    If there was a quick and easy way, then everybody would be buying domain names and doing it, and it would no longer be quick and easy!

oh!...

:D

Trance-formation, Jan 20, 2005 IP
  7. subnet_rx

subnet_rx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's very quick and easy for some. Some people can create a site right now and at the next PR update be at a PR 7. I have a retail business also and a competitor that sells illegal drugs from his store so he can keep his prices low. Should I start selling drugs also? Is that how the game is played in my market?

If this stuff that we are talking about becomes legal, then corporations will dominate the market and SEO-Guy will be SEO-Boy in the shadow of a billion dollar internet campaign. Google wanted the small guys to have just as much chance in the "game" as they do.

subnet_rx, Jan 20, 2005 IP
  8. nfzgrld

nfzgrld Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly. Hey, if I can't compete that's fine. If the reason I can't compete is becasue someone else is cheating that's another story. That's not competition, it's CHEATING. Anyone who doesn't know the difference is starting out with a problem that's only going to get worse. The SE's are always finding new ways to catch cheaters. I have to tell you, as someone who has written a web spider, and is in the process of refining it, that it's a lot easier than you might think to detect a cheat. In the mean time, I still say if you catch a cheat, burn 'em. If someone can't put in an honest day's work, then why the hell should those of us who can suffer for it?

nfzgrld, Jan 23, 2005 IP
    minstrel likes this.
  9. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    I think most people realise this.

This is why cloaked sites have a life span.

SEbasic, Jan 24, 2005 IP
  10. da22in

da22in Peon

Best Answers:
    Most people wont give two shats about a SE spammer unless they are directly effected (as in, spammer pwning the serps within their category or keyword range). I personally feel they should be burned for it. They are polluters and hooligans who should be flogged IMO.

da22in, Jan 24, 2005 IP
  11. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I guess I'm not most people. I object to it on principle.

What the heck is "da22in" supposed to say? How is it pronounced?

minstrel, Jan 24, 2005 IP
  12. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    We agree on this Chief Minstrel, have you seen the thread "the one above you" of late Minstrel, you are being discussed there :confused: :confused:

anthonycea, Jan 24, 2005 IP