1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A replacement for phpmyadmin?

Discussion in 'MySQL' started by ourktm, Aug 13, 2008.

I have a website hosted in a shared hosting account belonging to my friend. I do not have a cpanel access since the hosting account is not mine. I only have access to the ftp and a few databases. My database is around 35 MB and I want to backup the database. Previously I used to backup it with a script called 110dbmanager and now I cannot probably because the database size is huge for it right now.

I cannot use phpmyadmin too. So what free script can I use now? Please help me out here.

Thanks

ourktm, Aug 13, 2008 IP
  2. dcr226uk

dcr226uk Peon

Best Answers:
    Why dont you want to use phpmyadmin?

You could try the MySQL administrator which is a desktop app, and can be downloaded from the MySQL site.

dcr226uk, Aug 13, 2008 IP
  3. Trusted Writer

Trusted Writer Banned

Best Answers:
    Could it be due to its everyday large size triggering multiple annoyances due to Javascript, among other scripting features conflicting with either web servers or browsers.

I would suggest trying to download and older version from this place www.oldapps.com/phpMyAdmin.htm

Too old may conflict with your server so try Version 2.5.5-pl1, I changed the most new version for this on my serer running the latests MySQL, PHP 5 and CentOS versions.

Other than this solution, there are several substitute scripts starting with Adminiature, www.adminiature.com

Although you can also find a few other more simplistic browsing this specific section at Hotscripts, www.hotscripts.com/PHP/Scripts_and_Programs/Database_Tools/index.html

Trusted Writer, Aug 13, 2008 IP
  4. einsteinsboi

einsteinsboi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    try heidisql

einsteinsboi, Aug 13, 2008 IP
  5. blueribbon

blueribbon Peon

Best Answers:
    remember if using a desktop app to administer your mySQL database that you will need to ask your host to setup a mySQL user account which can be accessed remotely (i.e. someuser@%)

blueribbon, Aug 18, 2008 IP