1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New features and new functionality...Do I need a new design too?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by erdubya, Aug 13, 2008.

I'll be adding new functionality to my online radio station's website soon. When I send out mass marketing on the "new and improved" ProjectVIBE Internet Radio, somehow I feel like visitors won't think "new" if they see the same old website.

I'm really trying to get the masses excited about the changes that will be taking place and it's pretty difficult to visually communicate change when the site looks the same.

So,

Do you think a massive overhaul is needed (layout, colors, everything)... OR
    Just change a few things (layout, menu) and maybe add a splash page to announce the new stuff before entering the website?

Take a look at http://projectvibe.net and let me know what you think.

Thanks a lot!

erdubya

erdubya, Aug 13, 2008 IP
  2. Sunlust

Sunlust Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's a really nice website mate, I wouldn't change it even thought I hate websites that aren't centered :D

I would throw in a graphic somewhere, it's quick and if it's a nice graphic people will notice it, something saying new and improved, maybe one or two changes in CSS for some general colors, nothing drastic, just something few tones deeper or lighter here and there, it will give a fresh look at a low cost ;-)

Ah, please, no splash pages, some people (like me) get annoyed by them.

Ah, and next, could you make "plug in" the red wording on the right top a link? I wanted to click it, afraid many people will do and you'll loose conversion.

Regards,

Sunlust, Aug 13, 2008 IP
  3. 007c

007c Peon

Best Answers:
    You should def center the page. Maybe move the listen box to the right and you could putt a banner where it used to be rotating with the amazon adds just an idea tho.

007c, Aug 13, 2008 IP
  4. scubita

scubita Peon

Best Answers:
    Change the CSS and reamp those colors :) That should do it. It's fresh and people will "see it" as a change.

scubita, Aug 13, 2008 IP
  5. OS Master

OS Master Peon

Best Answers:
    Centering the page would make it a lot better, as some have already said. And maybe you should change the color scheme to something more colorful.

OS Master, Aug 13, 2008 IP
  6. erdubya

erdubya Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks everbody. In the new design, I'll be moving away from all the browns and go toward brown hilights here and there and use a white/silver palate as the background... then i'll have the freedom to use a whole lot more colors. I'll be posting the mockups pretty soon if you all don't mind.

Thanks again

erdubya, Aug 14, 2008 IP