1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for thoughts, on buying traffic from eBay

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by spencyr, Aug 12, 2008.

A couple months ago I was exchanging PMs with a fellow forum user and they mentioned that they buy traffic from eBay and that it is really cheap.

I'm looking for more visitors, without doing SEO, I went to ebay this evening and found that there is lots of traffic for sale there. My question is as cheap as they are selling it, what kind of quality can I expect?

Has any one else bought traffic/visitors from ebay? How was it and is it really too good to be true for the prices they are offering? For example 1 million visitors for $5?

Any ones thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

spencyr, Aug 12, 2008 IP
  2. xops

xops Guest

Best Answers:
    I suspect the people selling that traffic either own or are working with traffic exchange sites. Before you go paying any money to eBay for any of the offers there, go try out a few traffic exchanges on your own.

For autohits, I recommend fivehits, quiethits and magichighway.

For manual hits take a look at easyhits4u.

You don't have to pay anything to try these out. You can sign up as a free member and see if it works for you. If they do, you can always upgrade your membership to get more traffic for less work.

Regards

xops, Aug 12, 2008 IP
  3. KangBroke

KangBroke Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You would spend more in traffic than you would in sales. It would be garbage

KangBroke, Aug 12, 2008 IP
  4. spencyr

spencyr Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your thoughts, they were waht i expected. As for traffic exchanges I have had some success with them, but I find that its lots of traffic that is low quality. Looks like buying from eBay would be very similar. Thanks much :)

spencyr, Aug 12, 2008 IP
  5. Professor

Professor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed. But not just from eBay. Most forced traffic doesn't convert very well. If you want to pay for traffic I would recommend quality PPC, however organic traffic obviously is always the best.

The Professor

Professor, Aug 12, 2008 IP
  6. shabbirbhimani

shabbirbhimani Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would never buy traffics. I have lots of other good stuff to buy even for that $1 that I save on buying traffic

shabbirbhimani, Aug 12, 2008 IP
  7. ezinequeen

ezinequeen Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you tell me how you can buy traffic in less amount?

ezinequeen, Aug 12, 2008 IP
  8. brettk

brettk Member

Best Answers:
    I always ask this... Why do you want to buy the traffic? The traffic is going to do nothing for you besides give you a jump in your analytics... nothing else... no matter how cheap it is, it will not benefit you.

brettk, Aug 12, 2008 IP
  9. Steve Peters

Steve Peters Peon

Best Answers:
    Why not use Adbrite or Adware ? ?Its cheaper than Adwords, but still reasonable quality...

Steve Peters, Aug 13, 2008 IP
  10. blackonyx

blackonyx Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, if you want to buy traffic, I could offer it to you for free, through the trusted "wget" program.

Seriously, what is the point of buying traffic? You only get visitors that are either tricked into coming to your site or paid to do so. Unless you are intrested in presenting forged stats, it's not really worth it.

blackonyx, Aug 13, 2008 IP
  11. CoachKip

CoachKip Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the whole debate on buying traffic is simple it is a cost vs benefit analysis.

If you can convert baught traffic directly to sales, ie selling an ebook, then buying traffic is great as long as you have more in sales than in expenses.

To just by traffic to get traffic is counter productive. Are they clicking on ads? Do you have something for them to do to convert to money? If not then there is no reason to purchase traffic.

CoachKip, Aug 13, 2008 IP
  12. shabbirbhimani

shabbirbhimani Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't say I can buy traffic that low but what I meant is I would not waste even that amount on buying traffic.

shabbirbhimani, Aug 13, 2008 IP
  13. avonlee1983

avonlee1983 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I believe for me it was $2.99 for 1000 hits and $5.99 for 10,000 hits. It was from two different sellers. They sent the traffic in as promised, but none of the "visitors" stayed for more than 0 seconds. I couldn't help but wonder if it was just bots.

avonlee1983, Aug 13, 2008 IP
  14. tiger325

tiger325 Peon

Best Answers:
    sounds too good to be true. do what works! ppc, article marketing, social bookmarketing, forum marketing etc.

tiger325, Aug 13, 2008 IP
  15. copper12

copper12 Peon

Best Answers:
    I always chucke when I hear from people who say that buying traffic doesn't work. They don't know how to advertise, so, of course, it doesn't work. heh.

You mean they put in ads? Ask to see them, and where are they placed in that site.

The only way to know for sure is to try it for yourself.

Where did they list that price?

copper12, Aug 13, 2008 IP
  16. narsticle

narsticle Peon

Best Answers:
    doesnt ebay have their own advertising program?

narsticle, Aug 14, 2008 IP