1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Encrypt HTML on server side?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by 007c, Aug 12, 2008.

I was wondering does anyone know about any server side modules which could do such a thing as encrypt html files sort of like encrypt HTML pro software and such? All i can find so far is programs that run on windows desktops.

007c, Aug 12, 2008 IP
  2. sitecoder

sitecoder Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you explain your problem better. I don't understand anything

sitecoder, Aug 12, 2008 IP
  3. 007c

007c Peon

Best Answers:
    The program is an exe that encrypts html pages using javascript (but on your desktop). I need something so a client can't just run away with the source and images or steal other ppl's templates. The html source is encrypted inside java so he has no clue what the source looks like. However i'd be looking for something that is parsed server side on the fly that filters the raw html to serve an encrypted page. Passing the templates 1 by 1 through an exe on the desktop would be a pain... Something in the same flavor as http://www.iwebtool.com/html_encrypter but handled by apache or so, not looking for a php script.

007c, Aug 12, 2008 IP
  4. tendulkar2

tendulkar2 Banned

Best Answers:
    but.. that's not recommended.I think the search engine spiders dodn't read those encrypted pages.. so, the SEO for your site is ZERO.

tendulkar2, Aug 12, 2008 IP
  5. priyakochin

priyakochin Banned

Best Answers:
    yeah you are righjt.Don't so this!

priyakochin, Aug 13, 2008 IP
  6. blueparukia

blueparukia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As well as Search Engine, people without JS see nothing, and it is VERY easily reversible.

blueparukia, Aug 13, 2008 IP
  7. Steve Peters

Steve Peters Peon

Best Answers:
    Keep it in the PHP part of the page, or create the page as PHP ?(use mod rewrite to make it appear as HTML. Then encode with IONCube or Zend Encoder. Sorted.

Steve Peters, Aug 13, 2008 IP
  8. 007c

007c Peon

Best Answers:
    No No No! Guys pls read, i don't need to send the template encoded to clients that would make no logical sense. I do not need any seo value for portfolio css templates either. It is only for customer reviews, i always do a final review with a customer before payment and i need a secure way to encrypt the html so he just doesn't run with the code... and also keep them like that in my portfolio to secure from template theft to protect the client's template.

Steve is on the right track about using mod-rewrite with a php script. But zend or ioncube has nothing to do with html being displayed in view source in a web-browser. However the idea would be to redirect to the php script calling the html file requested to filter the page requested to serve to the browser. ex: user calls clienttemplatefolder/page.html mod-rewite goes /encryptor.php?clienttemplatefolder/page.html and serves the javascript encrypted page. I thought stuff like this existed...

007c, Aug 13, 2008 IP
  9. blueparukia

blueparukia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just don't do it, I get what you want, but it is an accessibility nightmare and makes 'no logical sense'

blueparukia, Aug 14, 2008 IP
  10. 007c

007c Peon

Best Answers:
    007c, Aug 18, 2008 IP