1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Pricing of adspots

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by swollenpickles, Aug 12, 2008.

Interested to hear how people go about pricing ad spots on blogs? How do you set your price? What do you thinks fair? In the end, I guess something is only worth as much as someone else is willing to pay, but I'm curious as to any 'price setting' guides people use.

swollenpickles, Aug 12, 2008 IP
  2. willyboy104

willyboy104 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I usually price my adverts on my site using a simple method of $1 per 1,000 impressions therefore if you receive 100,000 impressions a month you can price your advertising spot at $100 per month.

However other factors are also taken in to consideration for example, where the traffic you receive comes from, whether its targeted or not. If most of your traffic is received through search engines then this will be seen to be good targeted traffic thus more advertisers will be prone to buy advertising space from you.

Secondly the advert placement is a big factor, if your going to place the advert at the bottom of the page near the footer where a lot of people wont be looking, no one will want to buy however if your going to put it close to the top or on the navigation bar then many people will.

Hope this helps.

willyboy104, Aug 12, 2008 IP
    swollenpickles likes this.
  3. swollenpickles

swollenpickles Active Member

Best Answers:
    Cool thanks, that's good advice! +rep

swollenpickles, Aug 12, 2008 IP