1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Link Building with Flickr

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by inet, Aug 12, 2008.

Although Flickr has applied the nofollow rule to most of its external links it has not applied it to groups. You can search and find related places to add your comments in the group section, or you can create your own group.

take a look at the Joomla group:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/joomla/

You will see the links in the 'about Joomla' section at the bottom is a dofollow.

Find related topics to you particular niche and make meaningful comments or create your own group and make it popular.

To Your Success

inet, Aug 12, 2008 IP
    pubdomainshost.com likes this.
  2. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    That's a pretty good idea. I hope they won't remove the links immediately like they do with links in comments.

zexy, Aug 12, 2008 IP
  3. inet

inet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

One of the reasons they may not have done is due the moderating of the groups. if you got spamming intentions then these posts can be removed by admin. It would also be difficult for you to gain traction if you do not have legitimate intentions, you would need to load up pictures relevant to your niche to get general visitors joining up. Sure you could create a gazillion groups and link back to your sites, but I would suggest some cross linking for this group; nice set up pictures and lift up the PR. This permanent page could give credibility to your site long-term

inet, Aug 12, 2008 IP
  4. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    You're right. With Flickr you need a proper approach / strategy otherwise your links will be removed in a day or two.

zexy, Aug 12, 2008 IP
  5. pubdomainshost.com

pubdomainshost.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Excellent input though .. if one uses the system wisely, he / she can gain.

Thanks for the post & sharing your views !! rep added!

pubdomains

pubdomainshost.com, Aug 12, 2008 IP
  6. grabarz

grabarz Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to find some strategy for flicker. Links from there should be strong.....

grabarz, Aug 12, 2008 IP
  7. Mr.Dee

Mr.Dee Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for some ideas for using Flickr for links. I'm very careful about how I use it already and haven't received any bans. I've been able to get a decent stream of referrals to a few of my sites from it. I don't doubt that obvious spammy links will be deleted, but a few relevant links in photos and profiles can be beneficial.

Mr.Dee, Aug 12, 2008 IP