1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Can hyperlinks in blog post cause excessive linking for a website?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Vibha Raj, Aug 9, 2008.

If we devote some blogs to our website for building backlinks or diverting traffic, we usually hyperlink 4 to 5 main keywords in our post directing the pages of main site. And also for promotion of these blogs we keep posting new content on regular basis. So if we do two posting per week, it means 8 posts in a month and 32 hyperlinks per month to the main site.

The query in my mind is that - can this hyperlinking could be considered as excessive links for the main site? Excessive links from a page can harm a website, if yes then how? As all these hyperlinks are in content could they be considered as paid links by the search engines? What should be the limit of hyperlinks in a post?

Vibha Raj, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  2. aaron_nimocks

aaron_nimocks Im kind of a big deal Staff

Best Answers:
    I would say 1 is all you need per post. Make it natural as possible.

aaron_nimocks, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  3. mupha

mupha Peon

Best Answers:
    There are no absolutes about how much linking to include in a blog post - this is something I get asked frequently. Keep linking to a minimum and add more content if you want to create more links.
    I rarely create more than two outgoing links in a reasonably sized blog post, unless it makes complete sense to do so based on the post's content. Write for humans, not SEs and the more content, the better.

mupha, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  4. genuineseo

genuineseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    linking from a point in a slide to another destination — is a great way to add interactivity to your presentations and can be a complete alternative to using the navigation controls within the Articulate player.

genuineseo, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  5. Vibha Raj

Vibha Raj Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the replies.
    Would promoting a website through blogs will still be possible if we do not do any linking at all........just focus on writing

Vibha Raj, Aug 12, 2008 IP
  6. chaitanya.seo

chaitanya.seo Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi Vibha,
    It's such nice to see you after a long time.
    I would say you are safe by building this kind of links.
    But make sure you use relevant link on your post, that won't hurt.

e.g. if you are making a post about "Link Development Strategy" and you are containing link for "PPC management" in that respective post, will not work for you. You should place content targeted links in your post with proper anchor text.

Best of Luck.

chaitanya.seo, Aug 12, 2008 IP