1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Affiliate Program Disappointment.

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by tesla, Aug 8, 2008.

I have a site that I've been working on for about a year now, and I've successfully got the site to like 400+ visitors a day. What sucks about this is that despite this accomplishment, this traffic doesn't convert.

I've read affiliate books before, where they basically tell you to send targeted traffic to your affiliate and then get sales. Well, that hasn't worked for me. I recently checked my affiliate and found that despite getting almost 2000 clicks, no a single person buys. To make matters worse, my bandwidth is increasing and I will have to pay more money for it, even though the traffic isn't converting into sales.

This is, extremely frustrating. I'm really close to just shutting down the site, because dead traffic that doesn't convert is just the same as having no traffic at all. If anyone can give any pointers as to why you could send thousands of people to an affiliate who are targed, and STILL not get sales, let me know.

tesla, Aug 8, 2008 IP
  2. HarryLee

HarryLee Member

Best Answers:
    It could just be random unlucky, or you could be sending the wrong kind of traffic that isn't interested in buying.

HarryLee, Aug 8, 2008 IP
  3. zabijaq

zabijaq Guest

Best Answers:
    Or the affiliate sux.
    What kind of traffic You have. What kind of site You have. Maybe someone here can find You much better affiliate.
    Mostly You need to try few affiliate programs to find which works for Your traffic.

zabijaq, Aug 8, 2008 IP
  4. Lasvegaspi

Lasvegaspi Peon

Best Answers:
    If you got 2000 targeted clicks to my site you'd get about 5 sales $20 bucks a sale.
    Plus repeat business.

Lasvegaspi, Aug 8, 2008 IP
  5. chaunna

chaunna Peon

Best Answers:
    it could be the conversions of the affiliate program... might not be a buyers keyword or niche (i'd need to know more on the niche to help with that)

I'd suggest setting up a page of your own with your own copy that you can tweek and convert - then send them right to the order button. You can always contact that affiliate program and let them know you're doing this. Most bigger companies have an affiliate manager that can help you figure out where the problem is happening (your traffic might be ordering and the aff program isnt giving you credit for the lead)

chaunna, Aug 8, 2008 IP
  6. MarketExpert

MarketExpert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

I don't think the traffic is useless. Try using adsense or track where the visitors are coming from and what they are looking for. Try different offers to improve the conversion ratio.

MarketExpert, Aug 8, 2008 IP
  7. wokaka

wokaka Peon

Best Answers:
    What's your niche? Affiliate marketing is all about finding the right program to be promoted and then promote it!

wokaka, Aug 8, 2008 IP
  8. MarketExpert

MarketExpert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    OOOH! Those ebooks suck. I dont buy ebooks anymore.
    Ok, Tesla I know that you have more posts than me and you own all the websites in your sig.

I prefer affiliate programs over any of the 11 products I created myself. Why?

Affiliate programs with a high conversion ration and payout of 75% then there is no need to try and reinvent the wheel. Affiliate programs allow me to test 10 completley different markets/niches each month. Focusing on what works best after testing over 100 markets is the best way to do affiliate marketing. Especially if you eren't very artistic.

MarketExpert, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  9. MTbiker

MTbiker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have you tried promoting a slightly different affiliate program? I've had earnings fluctuations of 1000% and higher just from finding the right program to promote.

The problem could be a poor sales page from the merchant, or maybe your traffic is never in a buying mood, but I'd try to switch up the program and see if anything happens.

MTbiker, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  10. asmodeus

asmodeus Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'd need to know the site and affiliate program to answer your question properly, but they sound like just a poor match up to me.

asmodeus, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  11. HomeSweet

HomeSweet Peon

Best Answers:
    Some times it's the ground, some times it's the seed.
    If your site and traffic are the parts working, then maybe it's time to change the affiliate.

HomeSweet, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  12. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The whole point of "Marketing" is figuring out who you customer is and what THEY want.

Traffic doesn't mean anything in and of itself.

Figure out why people are visiting your site, where they come from, what they are looking to accomplish.

Ask them!

internetmarketingiq, Aug 11, 2008 IP
    MTbiker likes this.