1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Often it is good to resubmit when you are adding lot of data daily

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by jonheres, Aug 10, 2008.

Hi, I am working on a Guitar Tab site (in spanish) and we are uploading via CMS data everyday... like 200 songs a day... right now i have around 7k songs but this changes everyday. How often would you recommend to resubmit my sitemap ?

jonheres, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  2. webrickco

webrickco Active Member

Best Answers:
    Submit it every day if you have new links everyday. Google will never penalize you for doing that, since you are improving the way they will crawl your site. In fact a sitemap helps you, but ir also helps them.

webrickco, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  3. lspence

lspence Peon

Best Answers:
    Resubmit, as often as there are changes. You don't have to log into Google's webmaster tools, you can do it via HTTP, just put the correct past to the url below.

www.google.com/webmasters/tools/ping?sitemap=http://www.YOURWEBSITE.com/sitemap.xml

lspence, Aug 11, 2008 IP
    webrickco likes this.
  4. catanich

catanich Peon

Best Answers:
    If there is good linking in your site, then just "ping" Google (Ispence above) on the hour. Then nightly or every two nights create a new Sitemap.

Google will follow any modified page within the site to obtain new pages. Thats why just "pinging" Google works.

Creating the Site map for large sites takes time so that is why it should be done nightly.

catanich, Aug 21, 2008 IP