1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Ezine Articles Really That Good?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by Beefandy, Aug 9, 2008.

I have used Ezine to help promote Clickbank products. I hear many saying how great Ezine is but I have around 40 articles on Ezine and the views are OK but nothing amazing.

In my opinion for all the hard work and rules and time it takes to get an article approved on EZine the results are not that beneficial.

I'm not saying Ezine is rubbish I dare say many will have good success from them. I just don't think its that special and I can get success off other places and get just as many article views without the hassle of wondering if it gets approved etc.

Anyone else agree?

Beefandy, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  2. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's up to you what you want to use. Ezine is good in terms of article directory. It's actually the best one.

If you don't like it, other good options are Buzzle and ArticleBase.

bl4ckmaN^, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  3. flip

flip Peon

Best Answers:
    Ezine's dominance is waning, and they are continually trying to clean up their act to improve quality. But i think they still fall within the top 3-4 article sites...

flip, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  4. DeniseHall

DeniseHall Member

Best Answers:
    Part of it depends on your article title. Articles with 'so-so' titles will get tons less views than articles with 'grab ya by the eyeballs and make ya read' titles.

The title definitely makes a difference as to whether people read the article or not. You might try giving your articles more compelling titles to see if that helps.

DeniseHall, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  5. centime

centime Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks for introducing me to buzzle and articlesbase id never heard off them and their traffic figures are yum

centime, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  6. HiddenCrimson

HiddenCrimson Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe that in order to be successful with article marketing you need to know how to connect with the audience. Sure you can pump out 100 articles but if you do not have that underlying connection with the audience those articles won't do you any good.

HiddenCrimson, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  7. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    What's your proof for that statement? This says otherwise.

Although, I think for this traffic info to be really informative we also have to take into account the total articles on a site. For example consider the following scenario: If EZine articles has 10 million uniques a day with 1 million articles is that really better than another site that has 1 million uniques but just 10,000 articles? The uniques per visitor is better on the second site (100 to 10) and a good argument could be made that the second site is actually a better bet.

But another very important thing is - how many clicks can you get from an article? ArticleBase.com is set up with some huge problems. The resource box is set below the adsense ads at the bottom which probably leads to a much lower CTR. Plus they now have those awful "content" links in the article. Also they actually NOFOLLOW the resource links which to me is absolutely despicable. I don't know what they are thinking with that crap.

Buzzle.com is a lot better. They follow their resource links and they include the resource box is actually even more friendly than EZineArticles.com - They don't even have any AdSense at the top of the page. From looking at their layout it seems possible you could get higher CTR with Buzzle than with EZ. But that being said, I think their layout is kind of ugly too - It's wayyyy too wide. They need to do something about that layout.

Anyway my point is - there's a few things to consider with article directories, it's more than a matter of just which ones get the most traffic. You also want to look at how their articles are layed out and whether they follow their links.

Zibblu, Aug 10, 2008 IP
  8. blaine78

blaine78 Active Member

Best Answers:
    By the way, is Buzzle Affiliate Marketing friendly?

blaine78, Aug 10, 2008 IP