1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

JavaScript open.window

Discussion in 'JavaScript' started by Pendragon, Aug 5, 2008.

Firstly, my knowledge of JS is absolutely zero. I'm a beginner at this.

I'm getting some unexpected results and I wondered if anybody could comment on why.

I have a web page with several pictures. What I'm trying to achieve is to have the user click on a picture to open a new window displaying a larger version. The new window must resize to fit the picture (I don't mind doing this manually), have none of the usual toolbars, etc, not be able to be resized, and contain a [Close this Window] link.

I've got MOST of this to work. The problem I'm having is that (a) I can't get rid of the status bar at the bottom of the window, and (b) having the status bar means the window can be resized.

I'm using functions to do this. Here's one example of the code (I have several different functions, one for each picture):

function bath01() {
    window.open('bp_bath_01.html','','scrollbars=no,menubar=no,width=504,height=400,resizable=no,toolbar=no,location=no,status=no,top=10,left=10');
    }
    Code (markup):
    and I call it with:

javascript:bath01()
    Code (markup):
    Why is the "status=no" bit not working?

Thank you.

Pendragon, Aug 5, 2008 IP
  2. Pendragon

Pendragon Peon

Best Answers:
    Just to expand on this, here's a picture of the window showing the status bar I want to get rid of.

Attached Files:

Pendragon, Aug 5, 2008 IP
  3. xlcho

xlcho Guest

Best Answers:
    IE always displays a status bar when opening a new window. I can't see the attachment you've posted, but i guess you've tested that on IE. Here is a thread about a problem, similar to yours: Check the response by Ronx.

xlcho, Aug 6, 2008 IP
  4. Pendragon

Pendragon Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks xlcho.

It seems to be a common problem. I think I'll just live with the status bar for the time being.

I might try to find some sort of picture gallery that shows the larger image on mouseover.

Pendragon, Aug 9, 2008 IP