1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

After 4 years losing interest in AdSense

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by filipina, Aug 8, 2008.

1. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Theres always ups and downs.. You can not complain on $700 per month while spending only 3 hours for it..

Abhik, Aug 8, 2008 IP
    wisdomtool likes this.
  2. StrongMinder

StrongMinder Banned

Best Answers:

Stop other activities :D

StrongMinder, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  3. uploas

uploas Peon

Best Answers:
    Adsense have bad times and good times.
    Wait, and see if things are getting better.

uploas, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  4. MarketExpert

MarketExpert Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am the product of my perserverance.

I have tried so many affiliate programs it would make your head twist off.

Affiliate programs are very hard to make a living with at first. The only real success comes when you realize that you are outranking the homepage of the affiliate site you are promoting.

MarketExpert, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  5. sft_hrt2002

sft_hrt2002 Active Member

Best Answers:
    hi i feel u are from phil.In phil $700 is 28000 pesos...which is a good money.I feel u should take some time out and relax....dont give up....who will give u 28000/pm for 3 hours of work/day???:)

sft_hrt2002, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  6. filipina

filipina Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not in the Philippines anymore. So where I am now the income generated from 20 hours a week is slightly better than minimum wage. As someone mentioned I could flip burgers for this amount. However, when I really "enjoyed" the site I did not mind the pay, but I have lost interest for now :D

I do outrank the affiliate site I was promoting on almost every keyword. The problem was that just as my affiliate sales started to take off the affiliate decided to get funny with my sales (make them disappear) which I was able to document. The affiliate network I was using are a bunch of theives.

Thanks. My website has pretty good content which is created my the users of the site just like DP. It is funny because Adsense really is a game of pennies. What I mean is (for me) Adsense is worth it at 12 or 13 cents a click but once it gets down to about 8 cents it is no longer worth it.

For me the peak with ADsense came in early 2007 and never really returned. There were a few months here and there when the amount per click recovered, only to sink back down again. So the thought that I need to increase my traffic 50% to get back to where I ws in 2007 is more than I got in my energy tank.

I am thankful for the earnings I have made with AdSense, please understand that. Thousands of dollars I got for my family which has really helped us. It just seems like maybe it is time for me to focus on something else which might pay better for the work I put out. Running a site with active members takes a significant amount of time to keep things in order. I think I might let it slide into "inactivity" so I can concentrate on other things. Even then I might be able to maintain 50% of what I make now and do something else for a while.

filipina, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  7. Niche

Niche Peon

Best Answers:
    $700 a month is not bad but I can understand your frustration because of the number of hours involved. Having said that there are people who have posted on this forum on earning less money and putting in many more hours

I think that your income if it is the net profit is not too bad and it certainly is not time to throw in the towel. You have obviously found some things that work, all you need to do now is figure out how to automate some of the processes

Niche, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  8. topdaytrader

topdaytrader Active Member

Best Answers:
    I spend more than 200 hours a month and I can't even make $70 a month.

topdaytrader, Aug 9, 2008 IP
    SEOLinker likes this.
  9. lilac2

lilac2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Try other services. AdSense should never be a primary income source. VCM paid no less than $1 a click when I was with them last year. There are other specialized CPC services - depending on what your site is about.

lilac2, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  10. wd_2k6

wd_2k6 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not bad but it shouldn't be your primary source of income as others have suggested, but as it's only 20 hours a week you could easily fit a job or another hobby alongside this.
    35 dollars per hour isn't bad for 20hours a week, but you need other sources of income also.

wd_2k6, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  11. geoiss2004

geoiss2004 Guest

Best Answers:
    why are you giving advice to somebody who has already made it? that wasnt the point of the thread.

in response to the thread, i think you've done really very well. but you're right - more people are getting into adsense and the cost-per-click is probably dropping because of it. there will be other avenues for monetizing your website, just keep your ear to the ground.

geoiss2004, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  12. lycos

lycos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should be considered yourself lucky earning that much with Adsense. My earning hasn't reach up to that level yet. Perhaps one of the ways to get yourself motivated is by trying something new each day and build more sites rather than relying on your current ones to bring in the income. There are always endless possibilities.

lycos, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  13. cia

cia Banned

Best Answers:
    I dono, if it is against anybody..but helping others will definitely keep you motivated...

cia, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  14. billy786

billy786 Peon

Best Answers:
    If your getting that much from just say 5 sites then double it make 10 sites, outsource some work, and im sure if you double the website and double the traffic you will certainly double the income ;)

billy786, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  15. sladex1

sladex1 Member

Best Answers:
    He said "affiliate programs" has many spechies the most popular is adult :), i think if you work hard where are the big money, one day you will get chanse earn 1-2k$/week or more, how hard work will you add that money will be bigger ...

sladex1, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  16. Comenius

Comenius Peon

Best Answers:
    I think AdSense is OK for supplementing your website income, but should not be the primary revenue generator, especially if you have to spend time to maintain and update the site!

Comenius, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  17. superrichguy

superrichguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is your site strictly to make an income? Its much easier to make money at something you love to do. I have tons of sites and they all do well but my big earner is from a site I started because it was something that I think about and love, so even if I didn't make a dime off it i would still work on it.

Also what are you doing daily?

superrichguy, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  18. jellybeanz

jellybeanz Peon

Best Answers:
    That's more than reasonable, that's GOOD.

It comes down to $35/hour. I think the minimum wage in the US is $5/hr?

jellybeanz, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  19. Dividend Growth Investor

Dividend Growth Investor Peon

Best Answers:
    $700/month on 80 hours/month equals a pretty decent wage. In the US midwest if you flip burgers they'll start you at $6.50/hour.
    I know you are not motivated enough. But hey, if you can afford to save the money instead of saving it, why don't you invest it in something tangible like bonds, dividend paying stocks or real estate? Your earnings will be small initially but over time you'd be getting much more while doing much less.
    However if you are really fed up with your website you might consider selling it or getting someone else to run it.

20. canam

canam Peon

Best Answers:
    you missed the part where that is 20 hours a week to make 700 a month

so that is under $9 an hour.... not so good, and it is not easy to get to the point where that 20 hours a week will earn that, so you have to look at the time investment in setting up and the luck in things working out well

canam, Aug 9, 2008 IP