1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Another link development method

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by blackonyx, Aug 7, 2008.

Greetings,

Interested in getting free traffic and backlinks? Then, my friend, I have the right product for you, all you need to do is...

...ah, let's skip the bragging. We all know, that anything sounding too good to be true usually isn't. Anyway, I have been working on this project for a couple of days and think it might be a useful service. After reading these forums for a while, I noticed the same questions popping up over and over again. Questions like:

• How do I get links?
    • How do I get traffic?
    • How do I get clicks / Why does nobody click my ads?

In general: "What am I doing wrong?"

I gave the problem some thought and think I came up with a neat solution. So, what have I been working on? Very simple: a review board for websites. The idea is simple: You are wondering why your website does not perform the way you would like? Then simply post a review request and let other webmasters give you feedback for your site on a quit pro quo principle. As an additional boon, your review request also serves (if you want to) as "link market", allowing you to get in contact with other webmasters.

blackonyx, Aug 7, 2008 IP
  2. Mr.Dee

Mr.Dee Peon

Best Answers:
    This seems like a good idea, I hope that you can grow a community and it catches on

Mr.Dee, Aug 8, 2008 IP
  3. Mr.Dee

Mr.Dee Peon

Best Answers:
    I would leave a comment but I'm not sure that the create new account function is working. Maybe it's just taking awhile for the password to get sent to my email.

Mr.Dee, Aug 8, 2008 IP
  4. zkatkin

zkatkin Peon

Best Answers:
    That does sound pretty good. A friend of mine just released a new site for reviewing web apps. He reviews them across a few major categories (mostly from a true business perspective). I guess I never really thought about the link value in it. But, he's managed to already get a few thousand visitors in his opening week and send a few hundred to the sites he reviews. Great idea!

zkatkin, Aug 8, 2008 IP
  5. Cruelio.com

Cruelio.com Peon

Best Answers:
    kind of like stumbleupon?

Cruelio.com, Aug 8, 2008 IP
  6. hem1234

hem1234 Peon

Best Answers:
    It can increase the traffic on your website but not a good source to increase backlinks or ranking. But the help of others will help you to improve the design of your website and can add something that you missed.

hem1234, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  7. tmontana

tmontana Guest

Best Answers:
    very good idea, i like it

tmontana, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  8. mrfelton

mrfelton Peon

Best Answers:
    I like this idea and have signed up for an account :)

mrfelton, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  9. trichnosis

trichnosis Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    that ideas looks good for me. i can try it for one of my web sites

trichnosis, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  10. blackonyx

blackonyx Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you all. Your feedback so far is most encouraging. All registered users so far were granted 200 points internally, meaning you only have to do one review before being allowed to post a request of your own. I intent do continue that policy till there is an initial pool of requests to choose from.

@Cruelio.com
    Nope, stumpleupon is a social bookmarking site. What I try to do is to help you build your website by providing a platform where you can get feedback about your website and find people to exchange links with.

@hem1234
    I was originally thinking about giving dofollow backlinks, but I am afraid, that would turn the site into a linkfarm, which does not really provide much value SEO wise and would attract link spammers, which do not give quality feedback. I think the better way to go is by helping webmasters of related sites find each other and negotiate about linkbuilding.

blackonyx, Aug 9, 2008 IP
  11. blackonyx

blackonyx Peon

Best Answers:
    Update: I decided to give "dofollow" links a try.

blackonyx, Aug 14, 2008 IP