1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

is it possible to reach a high amount of impressions per day?

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by kev269, Dec 29, 2004.

Hi,

Would a new site that has just been published on the internet and been submitted to search engines be able to build up a lot of visitors - perhaps up to a hundred a day?

The site contains information on broadband, voip etc. of about 15 pages and would not need that much updating.

How about if say someone searches for 'broadband in the UK', and your site for example is on the 8th Google page of results. Is it likely that anyone would actually bother to look at your site on the 8th page? I would have thought not, or am i wrong?

It would be great if I could see similar information websites to mine that people have adsense on and that have recently started out and getting a lot of visitors just by submitting to search engines.

I'm just trying to get a better idea of whether I will gain anything from adsense and how people can get so many visitors to their site.

Thanks
    Kev

kev269, Dec 29, 2004 IP
  2. tom22

tom22 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not an expert, but I wouldn't expect too much with only 100 visitors a day. It also depends on how competitive your content is. You might be able to make a fair amount without a huge amount of traffic, but that really depends on your content.

I would recommend you work on improving your search engine rating. Make sure that the keyword(s) you are targeting are frequently searched terms, and just keep on working to improve your ranking. New sites often have a hard time ranking well in Google, so give it some time. But for sure make sure you educate yourself in SEO, if you have not done so already.

tom22, Dec 29, 2004 IP
    david_sakh likes this.
  3. dejaone

dejaone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    very unlikely you'll get 100 visits a day with 16 pages unless they are heavily linked by other external pages.

dejaone, Dec 29, 2004 IP
  4. barrow

barrow Peon

Best Answers:
    When you say new site, how new is your site?

barrow, Dec 30, 2004 IP
  5. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Submitting to search engines other than the big three won't get you much traffic.

Submitting to directories will build your inbound links -- which will then raise your SERPS and get you more traffic.

16 pages is a start -- don't stop.

Being on the 8th page of SERPS results is almost useless. Gotta get to page one. :)

I have this one site that I thought had maxed out at around 100 unique visitors a day. This site now averages around 5,000 unique visitors a day.

Keep working. :)

Will.Spencer, Dec 30, 2004 IP
  6. hulkster

hulkster Peon

Best Answers:
    hulkster, Jan 22, 2005 IP
    david_sakh likes this.
  7. mhdoc

mhdoc Tauren

Best Answers:
    I have been installing statistics code on all my pages (hitslink.com) and from that am able to generate reports of which search term, from which engine, hit which page. When I run a search for those terms on the appropriate search engine I find that I am ranked high for some terribly obscure terms I wasn't even aware of. For example I currently rank #6 for "galvanized iron pipe".

There are very few searches for this term, but the traffic is VERY targeted. In my case, these are people with an old mobile home where the pipes are failing. They are looking for answers and G is adept at serving ads they like :) So even if only a few people a week find the page, some click the ads... In the meantime, I don't have to be looking over my shoulder worrying about the competition :)

I read once that if you want to be a good writer you need to sit down and write a million words. By that time you might be getting there. I think building websites is similiar; just get as many words published as you can, track the results, and keep writing.

Paul

mhdoc, Jan 22, 2005 IP
  8. EdenView

EdenView Peon

Best Answers:
    Submitting to engines does very little, as how often does anyone you know use webcrawlerdotcom or webbydotcom to search the internet? You need the goog, msn or yahoo to love you.
    Sure, submit to google, but you need backlinks to get the hits your looking for. Think googlebombing, just not maliciously.

EdenView, Jan 24, 2005 IP
  9. Bernard

Bernard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You might get 100 visitors a day from just one well placed link. YMMV.

Bernard, Jan 24, 2005 IP
  10. seoxperts

seoxperts Peon

Best Answers:
    100 uniques is nothing, with 100 uniques and 2% average CTR, u would only get maybe 2 clicks and depending upon the theme of your keywords.....some money !! Difficult to estimate the real number though. We created 2 websites last month and with no real work after that, they are getting 90 uniques a day, and they are not yet in google, this traffic is only form yahoo and msn. they day the websites get in google, it will be worth 200-300 uniques I am sure.

seoxperts, Jan 24, 2005 IP
  11. KA1

KA1 Peon

Best Answers:
    The number of visits is always low in the begining. Time, additional content & additional links to your site will gradually increase traffic.

KA1, Mar 19, 2006 IP
  12. powhoster

powhoster Member

Best Answers:
    @seoexperts:
    Can you please tell me how much estimate time it takes to get to Google?
    This is because i have a new website the already is in google search and i have 2 weeks with the domain. the problem is it still isn't on the top 50 in that keyword.

powhoster, Aug 16, 2007 IP
  13. peterwalts22

peterwalts22 Peon

Best Answers:
    no, that is not possible. Unless you go into blackhat

peterwalts22, Oct 2, 2011 IP
  14. kriishna

kriishna Peon

Best Answers:
    Same question here..

kriishna, Oct 3, 2011 IP