1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Your Method to Finding New Niches

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by BusinessMinded08, Aug 6, 2008.

Lately I've been having one major pain-in-the-ass issue. That issue is trying to generate a method for finding new niche's but I cannot figure one out to save my life. I've been using Google Trends, Survey Sites, Forums, Blogs, etc. I cannot find a good niche to save my life. Anyone mind helping me out with how you generate ideas for new niches?

BusinessMinded08, Aug 6, 2008 IP
  2. tuksdrr

tuksdrr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Generally, there's ,more than one way of finding a really good niche. If you have a lot of expertise and contacts in a specific field then you can probably make a huge success from that niche. For example, an ex football player who sets up a website in the football coaching niche has an immediate headstart due to his credentials.

If you're starting out from scratch, here are a few things to take into consideration:

1. High Number Of Core Prospects - The more core prospects that are in your chosen niche, the better the potential. For example, mortgages is obviously a high potential niche just because so many millions of people are active within it (when I researched this niche the term "mortgage" gets over 500,000 searches per day in Google alone to give you an indication of the potential). People will say you can make money in smaller niches (and you can) but generally, the more people the better.

2. The Money Flow - IMO some niches are just not worthwhile getting into simply because no-one wants to spend money within them. If the core prospects do not spend money, how are you as a site owner going to make it? Keeping with the mortgage industry, it is a multi-trillion dollar industry in the U.S. alone (and the same applies for the U.K). Generally that means more prosperity for all concerned. It leads to the inflated affiliate/adsense commissions that become available as the big boys compete for traffic.

3. High Number Of Advertisers Online & Good Payment Infrastructure - This basically means a good amount of mid to high paying affiliate/pay per lead programs.

4. Trends - Any given niche is either static, booming or declining. For example, the online travel niche is pretty good at the moment simply because more and more people are booking their holidays online as opposed to through travel agents. I read somewhere that over 50% of travel bookings are now done online - you can bet some shrewd affiliates have made a good deal of money through this.

That's a few of the criteria I use before setting up shop in a new niche. Hope it helps. You can download my top online niches guide for free through my sig if it helps.

tuksdrr, Aug 6, 2008 IP
    scubita likes this.
  3. anup.mahajan

anup.mahajan Peon

Best Answers:
    You can try the following

Ebay Pulse
    Amazon BestSellers
    DMOZ.org
    and even Clickbank

When you identify a niche, visit the forums to check what people want in that niche .

Cheers,
    Anup

anup.mahajan, Aug 6, 2008 IP
  4. scubita

scubita Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice post. ^^ Rep added :) Let me just add a simple trick: follow the money.

scubita, Aug 6, 2008 IP
  5. productforever

productforever Active Member

Best Answers:
    use Private Label Rights Products & Start Action!!

productforever, Aug 6, 2008 IP
  6. mikedeezy

mikedeezy Peon

Best Answers:
    you can look at search engine trends, and see if theres any worth wile nichable things going on

mikedeezy, Aug 6, 2008 IP
  7. get best prices

get best prices Peon

Best Answers:
    very helpful this post, thanks

get best prices, Aug 6, 2008 IP
  8. Flobba-dob-dob

Flobba-dob-dob Peon

Best Answers:
    How would one do that exactly? Looking at Seach Engine trends, that is.

Flobba-dob-dob, Aug 6, 2008 IP
  9. Michelle Michan

Michelle Michan Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing this information and useful download with us.

Until now my niche-finding method consist of reading online magazines to find repated items people are talking about and then matching those terms with a little of search engine research to find a niche potential.

Michelle Michan, Aug 6, 2008 IP
  10. JoseArmando

JoseArmando Active Member

Best Answers:
    I ask myself what I like to write about and then I start researching for keywords with high traffic and low competition. After I find a few I ask myself if there is a chance to make money in that niche.

I ask myself how old are the people who type that keyword (eg: if they are teenagers I assume they don't have a CC so I don't go in it), if they have a specific need that needs to be satisfied and after that I try to put my knowledge in the highest perceived package.

Everything after that is just marketing.

JoseArmando, Aug 6, 2008 IP