1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blogger removed my blogspot hosted blog

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by jim, May 1, 2006.

1. Emperor

Emperor Guest

Best Answers:
    I was not aware that you can't add ads to wordpress.com blog!!! Don't worry we always have myspace, NOT!!! :D

Emperor, May 2, 2006 IP
  2. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    I have seen a few posts now saying that their WP blogs have been deleted - I am not actually sure if anyone got them back.

Its better to host your own so you have total control over your content and plus you have the ability to use adsense and the like.

cormac, May 3, 2006 IP
  3. jim

jim Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Based on this experience I have to agree that hosting a blog on blogspot is stupid. However, Kudos to Blogger support as I am now back online! It had been judged as spam by the automated system, but a manual review was done and it's all back. I didn't lose any articles or anything.

jim, May 3, 2006 IP
  4. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    Great news Jim, glad to hear that you havent lost anything :D

Good Luck!

cormac, May 6, 2006 IP
  5. jim

jim Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the support everyone. I tried to green you all :) They say it won't happen again, and moving to one of my other hosts would mean losing some nice linkage so I think I'm going to carry on with blogspot...

jim, May 7, 2006 IP
    mihaidamianov likes this.
  6. Jarodboy

Jarodboy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    How did you kept the content?
    Blogger had it in cache or did you had backups?

Jarodboy, May 7, 2006 IP
    jim likes this.
  7. jim

jim Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When they restored my blog all the old articles were there. I was lucky because I didn't have that site backed up as it produces no money...

jim, May 7, 2006 IP
  8. Jarodboy

Jarodboy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Great.
    Didn't knew blogger had that in cache or something like that :)

Jarodboy, May 7, 2006 IP
  9. profs77

profs77 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm a MySQL/PHP programmer, so the way it works is your blog is like a row in a few tables. your blogid identifies your blog. So every entry you make has a postid and is all linked up to your blogid all in a database. When someone flags your blog your blogid is passed on. When its time to publish your blog your entries in the database get gathered up and published as static html files.

When your blog was deleted the static files were deleted and overwritten by that spammer. However all the information remained in the database for some time.

By the way if you had your blog in google you could type in a google search:

site:yoursite.blogspot.com

All the pages indexed for your site would be there. Then hit the cache and save it. If you hit cache and then don't save it but decide to save it later, it may not be there. As soon as google gets an http code 404 returned to it, you may be removed from the index.

Give me green rep!

profs77, May 7, 2006 IP
    jim likes this.
  10. Tyler Banfield

Tyler Banfield Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wish Blogger would delete the Blogs that haven't been updated in over three years. It seems like so many of the good .Blogspot domains are taken by blogs that have no content. I've contacted Blogger about this before, but they just gave me a generic response email.

Tyler Banfield, May 7, 2006 IP
  11. cormac

cormac Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually that would be a good start for them in doing something about the spam problem as there many splogs that havent been updated as you said.

Plus, seeing a blog with just one post dating back to 2005 isnt really good reading material :(

cormac, May 7, 2006 IP
  12. Tyler Banfield

Best Answers:
    Exactly, I think it would help to improve their image. I wonder if there would be anyway to petition them or do something that would show how many people would support a policy like this?

13. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, thank you for saving me wasting my time.

I am paying for hosting on two sites, which is the maximum I can have on my type of account. I've been thinking about using one of the free blogs to promote both sites.

Thank you for showing me that I could end up totally wasting my time. I guess it is a good example of you get what you pay for.

YMC, May 7, 2006 IP
  14. Tyler Banfield

Best Answers:
    I'm a big fan of Blogger and .Blogspot, I've never had any problems with them. I just wish they would delete unused domains as I mentioned earlier.

15. profs77

profs77 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I did have a problem with blogs getting deleted. I e-mailed them dozens of times and never got a non-automated response. Two weeks later I get an automated response saying that they have loads and loads of e-mails that they have to respond too and to wait some more. However I never got a reply from them.

profs77, May 7, 2006 IP