1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Blog Revenue - How much do you make per 1,000 visitors?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by oneawesomeguy, Aug 4, 2008.

Hello guys and gals,

How much do you make on your blog(s) per 1,000 visitors each month? Where do you make money from?

I am mostly interested in direct ad sales as opposed to things like Adsense, selling posts, CJ, etc., but feel free to include those as well.

Thank you.

oneawesomeguy, Aug 4, 2008 IP
  2. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I earn around $3.5/CPM using pay ads

mentos, Aug 4, 2008 IP
    oneawesomeguy likes this.
  3. cucumber

cucumber Peon

Best Answers:
    Normal cpm is 1-3$ depending on ur niche.

cucumber, Aug 4, 2008 IP
    oneawesomeguy likes this.
  4. oneawesomeguy

oneawesomeguy Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks to both of you! Would you guys mind going into more detail, e.g., 125x125 banners, text ads, etc.?

I would think 125x125 ads would be at least twice as expensive as a simple text ad, and a top banner would be about twice as expensive (if not more) than 125x125 ads in the sidebar. Also, I suppose how many ads you already have makes a difference.

So what I am trying to get at is let's say my niche's CPM is around $2.5. Could I sell about 6 125x125 ads and make $15 per 1,000 visitors? Is that too ambitious?

I am trying to see if my blogging efforts are worth moving towards paid ads instead of Adsense.

oneawesomeguy, Aug 5, 2008 IP
    cucumber likes this.