1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Clickbank: Gravity or no Gravity? That is the question.

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by mighty.one, Aug 5, 2008.

I've recently been spending a lot of time on DP and found it an amazing resource to providing in depth knowledge of how to make money online.

I'm looking a few clickbank products to promote that I think will work.

I understand the higher the gravity, the more people promoting the product and thus, the more competition you will have.

Is this always the case? I want to go for a product that has a gravity of 306.4.
    If I use different methods to everyone else, will that mean I am still facing a great deal of competition if no other person has thought of this?

Basically, what is the advantages of going with a product based on it's gravity.

I hope this makes sense and thanks in advance :)

mighty.one, Aug 5, 2008 IP
  2. donnagrace

donnagrace Peon

Best Answers:
    You can make money both from high and low gravity products. If you use a different method other than what your co-affiliates are doing, then it would be profitable to promote high gravity products. You just have to think outside the box.

Newly launched products have low gravity products so it is a good opportunity to take advantage of this.

donnagrace, Aug 5, 2008 IP
  3. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    High gravity is a positive factor. Don't be afraid of competition. There is always space for new affiliates.

If the gravity is high it means the product is profitable and it sells.

bl4ckmaN^, Aug 5, 2008 IP
  4. montiuk

montiuk Peon

Best Answers:
    The gravity of a product is always a key factor to look at, the higher the gravity is usually an indicator that there are alot of affiliates promoting that product and then you may ask yourself why are there so many which would show that that particular product could be converting well and its getting good sales.

There is various methods of promotion and competition is always good.

montiuk, Aug 5, 2008 IP
  5. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:

Huh?? In what sence you are saying that competition is good?

COMPETITION is NEVER good for us Affiliates - it just mean that the cake is split between more people (more work - less reward)

If you think thats a good thing then thers something wrong how you think;) Cheers

web_18designer, Aug 5, 2008 IP
  6. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's good and bad.

Good, because that it's a factor that a niche/product is profitable.
    Bad, because you are not the only one there...

bl4ckmaN^, Aug 5, 2008 IP
  7. Gallito

Gallito Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally I try to go for the newer products myself.

Gallito, Aug 5, 2008 IP
  8. kavin6

kavin6 Peon

Best Answers:
    According to me gravity doesn't matter. Put yourself in the customer's shoes and go through the sales page to find how good it can sell. In fact I am converting good at low gravity products.

kavin6, Aug 5, 2008 IP
  9. Belome

Belome Peon

Best Answers:
    If you try low gravity products, who knows, maybe you'll find a diamond in the rough and strike big. Just be sure to keep it to yourself :p

Belome, Aug 5, 2008 IP
  10. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    I only care about gravity when it comes to promoting a product by brand name. High gravity products tend to have a lot more brand name searches. The fact is - brand name searches convert far better than any other kind of searches. But another fact is - any very high gravity product will already have a ton of affiliates doing their best to rank for the brand name.

It is a bit more risky to go for lower gravity products as many of them don't convert very well. But ... I've also promoted some very high gravity products that don't appear to convert very well. So I don't think it's a wise thing to base your conversions entirely on gravity. In fact some of the products that I promote that convert best have low gravity scores.

Zibblu, Aug 5, 2008 IP