1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I was PENALIZED by Google. How can I get rankings again?

Discussion in 'Google' started by pablodauria, Aug 1, 2008.

I think I was penalized by Google for Social Bookmarking spamming.

3 or 4 months ago, I was in Google's second page for the main keyword of one of my sites. In that moment I bought many social bookmarking submissions, to this site. Not only to the main URL, but also to half of the internal pages.

I bought submissions with the same title and same description.

A few weeks later, my site jumped from page 2, to position 4, and a few days later I was in position numer 1.

So I went crazy about social bookmarking submissions, and I bought submissions for the other half of internal pages of my site.

A month later my site dissapeared from the SERPs. I'm not banned, but I'm in position 400 for the main keyword, and interesting, not with my main page, with an internal page.

And for other secondary keywords, I can find my site deep int the SERPs, but the page that appear is my "links" page, that wasn't submitted to the social bookmarking sites.

It's been one month and I'm still penalized.

Does anybody knows how can I get at least the positions I had before this social bookmarking spamming?

Thanks,

Pablo.

pablodauria, Aug 1, 2008 IP
  2. invisible121

invisible121 Banned

Best Answers:
    Did you receive any emails from google about it? Haven't experienced this though..

invisible121, Aug 1, 2008 IP
  3. regencytimberbuildings

regencytimberbuildings Active Member

Best Answers:
    Is it a new site?
    This often happens with new sites, they do great for a couple of weeks cos its fresh content then woosh your site is buried :)

regencytimberbuildings, Aug 1, 2008 IP
  4. multicolorguru

multicolorguru Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure this happens this is why you Should not SPAM! Lol

If your sites gains to many backlinks within a specific amount of time (and had no or little backlinks before, or is quite new) you will get better ranks from them. and then when a different google bots checks you will get penalized.

And sry, but there is no way out of this, throw the website away and everything should be fine ;)

multicolorguru, Aug 1, 2008 IP
  5. touches93

touches93 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Make a new website.

touches93, Aug 1, 2008 IP
  6. pablodauria

pablodauria Active Member

Best Answers:
    It isn't a new site. I've been working with it for 2 years, and is the first site I built and the one I have been experimenting many things in order to learn.

Unfortunately I also learn that spamming isn't that good.

But the site has good design and content and had good rankings before this spamming. I just want to get these old rankings again.

7. regencytimberbuildings

regencytimberbuildings Active Member

Best Answers:
    Dont do anything crazy like "throw the website away"
    I would do nothing for a couple of weeks then build fresh content and slow RELEVANT link building.

regencytimberbuildings, Aug 1, 2008 IP
  8. paxuh

paxuh Member

Best Answers:
    I am experiencing something similiar with my site. But in my case, my site has high SERPs on google.com, but has dropped down to 88poisition on google.no in few weeks :mad:

paxuh, Aug 1, 2008 IP
  9. roddick

roddick Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

the same happened to me today. And this with three sites of mine. I was ranking for over 100 pages in top 10 from Google, for the main keywords my homepages were also in top 10.
    Now for the same pages/keywords I take the positions from 40-60. There were links from every page to the other two, now I removed them. It seems to me like "website network" penalty.
    Is there a hope, that I will return my positions, what do you think? I checked the site:domains.com and all the pages are still in index.

btw all three sites are built with the same Template, but their age is different - 1.5 Year, 6 Months, 1 Month.

roddick, Aug 1, 2008 IP
  10. fr3akeeee

fr3akeeee Peon

Best Answers:
    What about submitting links to directories? Is this harmful too? BTW hope you got out of the death pit soon.

fr3akeeee, Aug 1, 2008 IP
  11. pablodauria

Best Answers:
    I'll try directory submissions. If anybody knows about reliable directory submission services that accept different titles and descriptions and provide a complete report where I can check that the proper category was chosen, please let me know.

12. angilina

angilina Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If doing social bookmarking for sites, results in penalty for sites, then people will start to do it for their competitors. Remember, nothing happening outside your site will hurt your site.

angilina, Aug 1, 2008 IP
  13. f2t

f2t Peon

Best Answers:
    Isn't there anyway to find out about this from google itself, whether you've been penalised, because you say think that you've been penalised

f2t, Aug 1, 2008 IP
  14. pablodauria

Best Answers:
    Sorry but I don't agree with you. I'm sure Google has penalized me for bookmarking spamming

15. zee

zee Banned

Best Answers:
    Wait and wait some more. It's Google dance. My niche used to have 14 millions results (and I am in a very competitive niche). I was ranking #2 on the kind of terms people usually dream of and my site was there for about a year. In April, the total number of results for my targeted keyword went from 14 millions to 7 and under and now it shows only 4.4 millions results. I went down to page 4 and lost all my page 1 positions and went straight down to page three, then 4 and then 5 and so on. For my main keyword my site fell to page 4 and since yesterday, I am on page 3. Other keywords are slowly creeping up. The good thing is that I am still in results and I see many irrelevant websites in Google's search index now. It has to be Google dance and some new algo tweak (but hey that's my guess).

I would say that stop with building links and add fresh content and wait. Don't panic and do not certainly do anything drastic to your site and/or throw it away or something. Social bookmarking usually does not have such kind of negative results. Relax and wait and try to start a couple of new websites or at least one more for the same niche that you are in as now you know how to get top rankings in that niche.

Btw, can I ask you a question? Where did you hire this social bookmarking service? Is it an individual? A company? You might also wana check your backlink report in Google webmaster tools. Do tell me, where did you hire social bookmarking services.

zee, Aug 1, 2008 IP
  16. vanshake

vanshake Peon

Best Answers:
    pablodauria, maybe your site was hacked and you don't know it?

run xenu link sleuth on your entire site. check the outgoing links. also make sure you don't have duplicate titles, missing urls, etc.

If you haven't already done so sign up for google webmaster tools. that will also give you some feedback on your site.

i wouldn't bother emailing google directly, but if you do manage to find that you were hacked or that maybe your pages weren't linking together like they should, then once your fixed what may be the issue you can then "request reconsideration" via the form in webmaster tools.

vanshake, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  17. sinshe

sinshe Active Member

Best Answers:
    just wait and keep updating your web, it will come back in a few weeeks

sinshe, Aug 3, 2008 IP
  18. Sphinks

Sphinks Active Member

Best Answers:
    the same happened to my site 2 months ago. I'm still waiting for it to come back!

Sphinks, Aug 3, 2008 IP
  19. shyboy

shyboy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This Myth of nothing externally can harm your site is incredibly harmfull in itself.

Building low quality links will get your site penalised!!!! It is time for people to wake up and stop repeating old myths. It will get your site noticed and a good chance that a manual review will penalise your site. It is only a matter of time. Trust me, i speak from experiance.

Ok, so you did something stupid (probably listening to some silly advice on here). The only way to get it back now, is to try and correct the mistakes you have done, and then file a re-inclusion request. I warn you though that submiting a re-inclusion request before trying to correct anything will get it ignored. So some hard work is needed. Its up to you if you think that the work you put in in trying to remove the spammy links that are out there is worth the effort to save your site. It was in my case and now the site is back.

I would now spend some time looking on the google groups forums for other cases such as yours and see what they are doing.

shyboy, Aug 3, 2008 IP
  20. qwestcommunications

qwestcommunications Notable Member

Best Answers:
    LOL. Of course don't throw your site away. Anytime some loses rankings (even for reputable sites), are they supposed to just forget about the site? What kind of message would Google be sending to webmasters if that were the case? All that hardwork should just be forgotten and start on a new site that would take another two years to get to where the current site is. That wouldn't make any sense whatsoever.

They don't penalise a site so easily because if it were the case, all a competititor would have to do is link your site so you en up getting thousand of links in no time and your penalized. There would be chaos.

I think something odd is happening at google over the last few days because quite a lot of people have reported losing rankings in a big way. just wait it out or send them an email. I have lost rankings for one site and now I am outranked by a few sites that much more irrelvant and should no way outrank me.

qwestcommunications, Aug 3, 2008 IP
    zangief likes this.