1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Submit Your Site To the "Google Evolution": CUIL.COM!

Discussion in 'Google' started by godsofchaos, Aug 2, 2008.

1. SEOVICE

SEOVICE Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the information and for taking the time to explain how to submit a site.

SEOVICE, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  2. godsofchaos

godsofchaos Peon

Best Answers:
    I personally think Cuil have a long way to go in terms of Google.... However, you must remember that Cuil is officially two days old and NONE of the EXISTING search engine had so much data when they started and when they were like two days old.

Multilingual support will surely enhance with time and that is something which needs time.

Do remember that Cuil seems to be a huge project and search engines are not made in one day. So don't expect miracles for now!

In the future though, I think Cuil will make a big difference because of the platform they have from the start. Just my one and a half cents, so cheers bud!

godsofchaos, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  3. zee

zee Banned

Best Answers:
    If it is indeed a brilliant search engine then I do not need to submit my site. In fact no one has to submit the site as it'll pick the sites automatically by following links on different websites. People should be learning these things by now damn it! :mad:

zee, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  4. godsofchaos

godsofchaos Peon

Best Answers:
    Glad to hear that! Cheers!

5. albert789

albert789 Peon

Best Answers:
    I like cuil, but I think it still have a long way to go, I found alot of spammy site for some keywords. The quality of search is not as good as google, and even if it is on par, I prefer google, as it is not only a search engine, I use it for mail, translation, news, finance, definition, etc, there are too many services in google for me to use another search engine

albert789, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  6. sunil_gupta20801

sunil_gupta20801 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry to bother you again but Cuil results are not at all relevant

cuil.com/search?q=cnet%20japan&sl=long (dont want to give link, not worth )

This is what i searched cnet japan

and i got emilychang.com/go/weblog/comments/ehub-interviews-now-at-cnet-japan/ as first result.

Don't you think CNET Japan website should be on top. Yes it should be and it's there on first position on every other search engine on planet.

I can imagine how worst :D is their algorithm.
    Only making a home beautiful does not work if its not strong to tolerate even a wind.

:D:D:D:

sunil_gupta20801, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  7. 3walim

3walim Peon

Best Answers:
    the point is what give u what u search for cuil or google?
    I give simple example for "movie" word

they really need work on it
    hope they get what they work for

3walim, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  8. manofwar

manofwar Active Member

Best Answers:
    cuil has terrible results, I had many wrong images show up for my site, wrong titles, wrong linking - errors and so on ;) they got a TON of work to do, and they are mainly in Alpha testing stage now.

manofwar, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  9. jjpmarketing

jjpmarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know if anyone answered this or not, but "Cuil" is an Irish word for "Knowledge". Thanks for the submit link. I was looking for that and couldn't find it.

Their results may be a little off, and they probably have some quirks, but Cuil is likely to seriously put a dent in Google's Search Engine Market share once they remedy their problems.

What I would really like to see is to have Cuil turn into some opensource-like project where there are no advertisements on the website. I know this is not likely, but it would be nice.

jjpmarketing, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  10. DomainMagia

DomainMagia Peon

Best Answers:
    Have your ever seen search engine start with that much low quality algorithm and irrelevant SERPs? It`s 2008 not 1998. They are not few days old, they just had official launch few days ago. They have crawled web and built their index for almost a year.

DomainMagia, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  11. monika0611

monika0611 Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks for telling us how to submit, I was wondering how ! :p

monika0611, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  12. Lordo

Lordo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think because the number of the sites/pages they currently index is low, results are not as good as expected.
    Also, I searched some known local sites but I could find known spammy sites only.

Lordo, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  13. byallnames

byallnames Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess there's no harm in trying. I'll submit my site and see what becomes of it.

byallnames, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  14. jjpmarketing

jjpmarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep. I submitted mine as well, because I searched for JJP Marketing and wasn't even on the first page. I think it showed up though when I did a search for jjpmarketing. Maybe submitting the site will fix that.

jjpmarketing, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  15. godsofchaos

godsofchaos Peon

Best Answers:
    Indeed! I absolutely agree.... The chances are that your sites are already there in the index. However if your site is relatively new (not more than one years old) then there is a possibility that you might not be listed.

Cuil is really new and they have a huge powerful platform and thats what is special about them. If they utilize it right then they will give Google a run for their money.

Me however love Google more than anything but even one extra visitor counts to me if it comes from Cuil somehow which I hope in the future will happen.

Cheers!

16. godsofchaos

godsofchaos Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe... maybe not... depends... Its like when you search Japan only it should be Japan.jp.gov on top and not Wikipedia/Japan. Algo is different, results are different. Algo is dynamic and always changing.

Could you talk like you are talking now when you were 4 days old?

Honestly speaking, you really have a long way to go in terms of learning. Cheers and thanks for replying again.

17. Alfredito

Alfredito Peon

Best Answers:
    I didnt even knew about it, but my site is there... :)

Alfredito, Aug 2, 2008 IP
  18. sunil_gupta20801

Best Answers:
    If you will search Japan gov, it should give Japan.jp.gov on top, not with Japan. With Japan, how can you say it should give japan gov. What is wrong if with Japan search keyword, Wikipedia is on top. Wikipedia is best to describe about what is Japan.

You are saying if you will search for animal, Monkey will be on top. Does it make sense?. When i am searching for monkey, monkey should be on top and when searching for animal, animal should be on top. This is what we call relevant results.

How can you relate Japan search with Japan gov and i am searching CNET Japan, so it should give me CNET Japan website not any blog?

What do you mean by relevant? Your point is not at all appealing.

sunil_gupta20801, Aug 3, 2008 IP
  19. sunil_gupta20801

Best Answers:

The way you are describing about Cuil here, it seems either you are very close to them or promoting them for some reason. How do you know all these?

sunil_gupta20801, Aug 3, 2008 IP
  20. harneu

harneu Peon

Best Answers:
    only time will tell with how well cuil does.
    do not forget google was laughed at when it first hit the market in 1992

harneu, Aug 3, 2008 IP